Prologue

Emerald
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I feel bad if i will really leave this for two more weeks so here is the short prologue and i changed my mind about making this into one-shot #sorrynotsorry

 

"Mama, I want to go up there." Little Donghae says as he flips his emerald-colored tail several times creating some smooth little waves around his tail.

"Donghae, you do know the rules very well, right?" The woman said gently as she caressed the boy's hair.

"I know but I'm very curious about the land. Mama, can I go to the surface to take a look?"

"It's better for all of us to stay here because the land does not belong to us Donghae. Very dangerous for our kind."

"I will not let myself to be seen Mama, I will hide far away from the shore. I promise."

"Fine, just this time to satisfy your curiosity my son. Ask Donghwa to go with you. Go before the sun rise and don't let anyone know."

"I will. Thank you Mama."

 

///

"Donghae, this is the nearest we can come, we are not allowed to go any further or the human will notice us."

He noticed the big rock not far ahead from them but far enough from the shoreline and planned for them to hide there.

"But it's still dawn and there's no human yet, Donghwa. Let's go a little bit further." Without the older's approval, he swim forward slowly that it leave the older no option but to follow him suit.

"This is the nearest, I will not allow us to go any nearer." Donghwa says sternly once they're hidden securely behind the said rock.

 

Donghwa is a little bit scared about coming to the surface because he had only come here once with their father long time ago before Donghae is born those he doesn't really remember anything. He is curious, yes, but the anxious feeling is bigger than his curiosity, he prefer his peaceful life deep inside the sea more. Meanwhile little Donghae only had his astonishment intrigued more the moment his eyes landed at the dry surface. He feels shiver run down his spine when a gush of wind hit his bare torso. It's cold but a good kind of cold. Not the cold he had always feels deep inside the water.

"So this is what the world above us looked like." He muttered, voice hussed in pure amazement.

"Let's go back now." Donghwa urged as he nudged his brother with his elbow.

"Wait," Donghae insisted as he want to take more look at the land. Wanting to remember every single details in his little head. "Just a little bit more."

 

Suddenly they hear some shuffling and saw some movements from the forest before the sea. Donghwa ducked his head panickly.

"Someone is coming! A human!" he hissed in fear. At that, Donghae only had his curiosity increased. Human? He had always want to see one!

"Wait, wait. I want to see human!" He answered excitedly, swaying his tail over and over.

"What? We can't! What if its see us? We will be in a big trouble!"

"But we are well hidden here." He argued back.

 

Just when Donghwa is about to snap back someone come out of the dark forrest. Startling both of the little merman. Donghwa pulled both of them to hide further in the water. "Let's go now!" Donghwa urged strongly, stronger than before while pulling his brother's arm bringing both of them to swim down.

Despite being pulled down, Dong

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter