End Of My Pain

The End Of My Pain

I sat alone in the darkness of what used to be our bed. I chuckled bitterly. It's still 'our bed' even after you've left. Did I do anything wrong for you to leave me alone like this? Was my love not enough? Did you even love me? Tears fell from my eyes as I recalled the day you left me. The memory I want to get rid of from my mind.

I was in the living room flipping through some random channels hoping that I'll come across my favorite show. I heard sounds coming towards me and I looked to the side of the t.v. I saw you there, so I stood up with a smile on my face walking towards you but your cold words stopped me in my tracks.

"It's over Jessica." You said to me with all your belongings packed in a small luggage next to you. I stood there frozen, unable to move or think. 

"W-what?" I stuttered.

"You heard me." Your voice was cold, colder than anything I've ever heard and it slowly broke my heart apart. 

"Why Tiffany?" I whispered. "What did I do to make you leave?" My voice started getting louder. You stood there unfazed with the same cold look. 

"I'm tired of this relationship Jessica. I no longer love you." 

"Is this some kind of joke Tiffany? If it is, please stop. It's not funny." I had a hopeful look in my eyes as I imagined that you would smile at me and say 'I'm just kidding. Did I scare you?'. But that wasn't the case. 

"I'm not kidding Jessica, besides I found someone new." You grabbed your luggage as you made your way towards the door. I quickly grabbed your hand making you stop for a second. You looked at me and for a moment I saw sadness in your eyes before it turned into anger. "Let go." 

"I can't." My voice was shaky and I knew at any moment I would start crying. 

"You'll find someone new. We're not meant to be." You tugged your hand out of my grip and exited out of the door and out of my life for good. Once the door closed, I fell on my knees crying my heart out. 

"Please don't go..." I said but no one heard it.

"Unnie?" I opened my eyes as I heard someone come in the room. "Unnie?" The voice repeated.

"What is it Krystal?" I said in a monotone voice. 

"You need to eat something. You haven't ate since yesterday." She held a bowl filled with soup. I shook my head not wanting to eat.

"I'm not hungry." 

"Unnie.." Krystal gave me a pleading look. I sighed before lifting my hand and motioning her to come over. She placed the bowl down on the table that is next to the bed. 

"Please finish the soup." I nodded. She gave me a small smile before turning on the lights and leaving the room. 

That's right, my parents and my sister decided to stay with me. They feared I would do something stupid if I was alone. I loved that they cared for me but I wanted Tiffany to care for me too. Is it too selfish to think that? I wouldn't care if I was the only one left in this world as long as I had Tiffany by my side, but that isn't the case anymore. It'll never be the same. You're already happy with some other guy. What was his name again?

I walked alone in the streets the next day wanting to clear my mind and calm down a little after our break up. It was going fine until I turned my head to the left. There I saw you sitting with another guy, smiling and laughing inside that restaurant where we would usually eat. You gave him the exact look that you used to give me when we were still together. Did you move on that easily Tiff? Is it just me stuck in this lonely path with no chances of moving on? 

The tears that I've kept in came flooding down as I quickly turned away. I ran with all the energy I could muster out of that area not caring if I bumped into people or not. I couldn't stand to see you with another person. It hurts me. The pain I felt was greater than anything I've ever experienced in my life. 

I sighed again before picking the bowl of soup next to me and putting down in my lap. I slowly began eating. My body is weak and I've started to lose my mind. Nothing, no scratch that, nobody can keep me sane anymore other than you. 

As I finished the bowl of soup, I put it back on the nightstand next to the bed. I stood up and stretched my body. When was the last time I had gotten up from this bed? I sighed before heading over to the closet to get a change of clothes. After I changed, I headed out the room. My parents saw me and smiled. 

"Are you going somewhere Sica baby?" My mom asked me. I nodded. 

"Just need to have a little fresh air." 

"Alright, don't stay out to late." My mom then shooed me out the house. 

I walked aimlessly around the neighborhood, wondering where my feet would take me and sure enough it took me to our favorite cafe. I opened the door and the sound of the bell was heard signaling the workers that their was another customer. I walked to the cashier. 

"Hello, what would you like to order?" The guy asked.

"One caramel coffee please." I answered. 

"Alright that will be $3.25." I payed for my drink as they handed it towards me. I grabbed it and walked over to a familiar seat I used to love. The place where we first met. Now it just brings me pain. 

"Do you mind if I sit here?" A voiced asked me. I looked up from my laptop and saw a beautiful girl with red hair. I was speechless for a while before I nodded my head slowly. She chuckled before she sat down across from me. 

"My name is Tiffany." She said with a smile on her face. 

"My name is Jessica." I held out my hand and she shook it. I felt my heart flutter as she grabbed my hand. 

"So what brings you here Jessica?" I shrugged my shoulders. I normally wasn't much of a people person but there was something different about her that made me want to talk to her more.

"Just wanted to drink some coffee, I guess." She nodded. "What brings you here?"

"Just like your reason, I wanted some coffee. What's your favorite coffee?"

"Caramel Coffee." 

"No way. That's my favorite too!" I slightly flinched at her loud voice. She noticed. "Sorry, my voice is pretty loud isn't it?" 

"It's fine I think it's pretty cute." As soon as those came out of my mouth I mentally faced palm. 

"You think it's cute?" I nodded with a small blush on my face. Shouldn't it be the other way around? 

"Your cute too." She said to me with a huge smile that made her eyes dissapear. I stared at her studying her face. She stopped smiling and looked at me confused.

I smiled a little before saying, "Your eyes smile with you." 

"Yea a lot of people say that it's the best thing about me." I nodded. 

"It's like an angel is smiling." She blushed before smiling, but that smile disappeared once she looked at her watch. 

"Omo, I'm going to be late. Well I got to go now Jessica. It was nice talking to you." She said as she stood up.

"It was nice talking to you too. Will I see you again?" 

"If fate decides to bring us together." She answered before waving goodbye. I waved back and as soon as she was gone, I felt lonely. She really brightens up my day.  

I shook the memory out of my head. If I wanted to forget about her, I shouldn't be thinking about our memories. But that's difficult. Every single thing reminds me of you. I sighed for nth time today. I don't think it's possible to forget you. I heard the bell ring from the door. Another customer. 

"Do you mind if I sit here?" I froze at the voice. The voice I could recognize even in my sleep. I turned my head from the window and looked to my left. There I saw you, Tiffany. It's been a year since our break up but you still manage to make my heart flutter.

"If you want to." I said. She sat infront of me again just like old times, but this time instead of feeling the happiness spread through my body, I felt sadness, loneliness, bitterness, and pain.

"How's everything?" I wanted to laugh. What kind of question is that? 

"It's been ok." She nodded. 

"Well, I wanted to give this to you." She passed me an envelope. I had a bad feeling about this. "I wanted to invite you to the wedding."

"Y-your getting m-married?" I stuttered. I was ready to cry right then and there but I had to keep strong. 

"Yea. I really hope you can make it. Well I've got to go, it's nice seeing you again." I nodded not wanting to speak, I feared that if I did, I would end up bursting into tears in front of her. Once I know she left the tears that were building up fell like an unstoppable river. More pain filled my body as my grip on the envelope tightened.

----------

I returned home about an hour later after seeing Tiffany at the cafe. I don't know what to feel anymore about everything. I've given up. 

"Hey Sica." My mom greeted as I walked through the door. I heard sounds of boiling water and I assumed she was cooking dinner. "Dinner is at 8pm alright." I nodded and headed to my room. I the lights and closed the door behind me. I walked over to the bed and sat down. My hand reaches for the envelope I put in my pocket. I took it out and got out the invitation and read it. 

  You are invited to attend the wedding ceremony uniting

                             Tiffany Hwang

                                     and 

                          Nichkhun Horvejkul                                                                                      

On the thirteenth of June, two thousand fourteen at three o'clock in the afternoon

                  at XXXXXX Gangnam District,  South Korea

                             Dinner and Reception to follow

 

I looked at the calander in my phone. "Two days until the wedding." I muttered. I forced myself not to cry as I laid down on the bed covering myself in the blankets not bothering to change into comfortable clothes. I soon fell asleep, dreaming of what could've happen. At least in my dreams anything can happen, like how you and I are still together and how we would've been planning for our wedding. Dreams are where I can escape all the nightmares called reality. 

---------

One day left. 

Tomorrow is the wedding and I don't think I have enough courage to go. I don't want to see you with that guy standing in front of the alter. It should've been me instead. It should've been me. But fate loves to toy with me and that's why I need to leave all this. 

My parents and my sister found the wedding invitation last night and they asked me if I wanted to go. 'No, I'm in too much pain.' I wanted to say that out loud but I decided not to. 

"Yea let's go. I've moved on." I said with excitement hoping they'll believe me and they did. They bought my lie because in truth I was far from moving on. 

I headed back to 'our room' and sat down on a chair facing a desk. I grabbed a piece of blank white paper that was on my left as well as a pen and started to write down all my thoughts and feelings. The blank paper soon filled with my writing as I now folded it and put it in an envelope addressed to my love. This is the only way I'll forget.

---------

Wedding day. 

We arrived at the venue early and sat down on the chairs in Tiffany's side. I also brought the envelope that contained my letter but I don't think I'd have the courage to give it to her. I must admit though, the venue was right on top of a cliff that showed the view of the ocean beneath it. It was a beautiful sight and I let my mind wander. 

30 minutes until my life is officially over. 

My thoughts were stopped when I heard a song playing. I realized the wedding is starting. I saw a guy standing at the alter with a smile on his face, which I assumed was that Nichkhun guy. I diverted my sight away from him and looked towards the back of the room where I saw my Tiffany dressed in her wedding gown, her dad walking her up the aisle. I smiled sadly wishing that I was the one standing at the alter waiting for you to come. Your eyes caught with mine and you gave me a small smile. I smiled back and I hoped that she wouldn't  see the bitterness behind the smile.

You reached the alter and smiled at that guy. When you said your vows, my heart was slowly dying with each word you said. You put the ring on his finger with that same smile full of love. I knew this was the point of no return.

"I do." You both said sealing your love with a kiss. The people around me clapped and cheered while I could only stare back with longing eyes. Everyone stood up and headed to the reception area. I stood up along with my family but I grabbed my sisters arm making her stop while everyone else left. She looked at me confused.

"Wae unnie?" I looked at her with sad eyes before hugging her. This was the last time I'd get to hold her like this.

"Take good care of yourself Soojung-ah. Unnie will be leaving." I whispered. I felt her tears soaking into my shirt as she hugged me tighter. 

"I know I can't stop you unnie, I hope this will make you happy." 

"I'm glad you understand, Soojung-ah. Always know I'll be watching over you." I released the hug and she nodded towards me. I smiled before taking out the envelope. "Give this to Tiffany." She nodded again before hugging me for the last time. 

"I'll see you soon unnie." She waved goodbye and headed over to she our family was. I stayed here behind walking over to the edge of the cliff looking at the ocean bellow. It was indeed quite a sight. 

"Jessi?" 

"It's been a while since you've called me that." I looked to my right and I saw you standing there looking at me. "Aren't you supposed to be at the reception?"

"Yea but I wanted some fresh air and Nichkhun allowed me to." I nodded not knowing what else to say. "Jessi, have you moved on?" 

"I never will Tiff. Never." I walked up to her and hugged her. My heart still flutters whenever I touch you. I felt you hug me back and you started shaking, you were crying.

"I'm s-sorry Jessi." She sobbed. "This wasn't supposed to happen, this was all my dad's idea." 

"It's alright a Tiff, just live a good life ok?" I released the hug and saw Soojung standing right behind Tiffany. 

"Uh Fany unnie?" She turned around in surprise. "Here." Soojung gave Tiff my letter and with that I watched my little sister leave us quickly. 

"Is this from you Jessi?" She asked looking at the envelope in one of her hands while the other wiped the tears from your eyes. I nodded. 

"Tiff," She looked up at me. "I just wanted to say thank you for everything. You were the one that taught me that love can make you the happiest person in the world. Although nothing turned out the way we wanted, just know that I'll be watching over you." I gave her a genuine smile that only she can see and I slowly backed away from her. I could see her eyes widen at what I was about to do. 

"Jessi, please don't."

The smile on my face didn't falter as I stopped right at the ledge. "Goodbye Tiff." While still looking at her, I jumped backwards falling off the cliff. I heard her shouting my name as I fell. I let the waves from the ocean take me as I finally closed my eyes slowly sinking into the depths of the ocean.

---------

Tiffany stood frozen at the edge of the cliff not believing what just happened. She looked at the envelope in her hands and opened it slowly with shaky hands. She read the letter. 

Dear Tiff,

If your reading this I'm probably gone. All the memories we shared will forever be on my mind. You were my first ole and the person who taught me what it was like to love. We didn't end up together as I hoped, but if in another life time we were to meet and fall in love again, I'll make sure we get married and live our lives together. 

I'm not sure why you broke up with me and i should be angry at you for causing me this pain in my heart but I still can't help but to forgive you for everything you've done to me. That's the power you have over me. I love you more than anything in this world but if being with Nichkhun makes you happy then I'll let you go and give you to him. 

Always know that I love you and that I won't stop until forever ends. Live on with your life with a smile, I'll be waiting for you you from where I am. Love you.

                                                                                                         From, your Jessi                                                                                                           


A/N: Hello guys! This is the first angst one-shot I wrote. How'd i do? The last part was in Authors POV, I hope you guys noticed. I think the ending is a bit of a fail though, I can't write good endings. :( Well anyways I hope I didn't make you cry hehehe. Hope you enjoyed reading. 

Wolfey signing out *peace*