Chapter II

My Runaway Bride

The Past

 

 

               I unlocked my condominium and went inside after a long tiring day. I’m not living at our house because I want to live there with her. I don’t want to live there looking like the grandpa from Up movie.

 

I threw my car and door keys at a small table where a phone and a classic lampshade is. I clicked the messages button in the telephone to check if there are voice messages for me while removing my tie. Well, no voice messages today. I was hoping Sangmi would contact me and tell me where she is but she didn’t. I sighed. She really left me behind without looking back. I just can’t, can’t accept it.

 

Looking around my condo, “Wow, white.” There’s nothing much to see, just a pile of papers scattered all over my desk. Right, if she’s here she would have cleaned it. I guess I miss her so much.

 

Laying down on my bed just makes me feel it more. I feel empty, really. Although I’ve never kissed my wife. She’s not an easy person to get and by that time we don’t want to do it. Just when she left me, I just realized that I’m already in love with her. Just that day, my birthday, I planned to confess my love for her but sadly it didn’t happen. All I got was her farewell letter saying, “You don’t need me, I don’t need you. I can’t take this whole marriage thing anymore. Goodbye.” She could have atleast told me how she feels about me or what did I do wrong for her to leave. Maybe I just can’t accept the fact that she cannot love me back?

 

I sniffled and closed my eyes, trying to stop my tears fall. Is it because I believed that every arranged marriage couples will never have a happy ending?

 

“I’m a married man and I never experienced kissing the person I love. I’ve never kissed anyone. I’ve never been serious in my life like this. Damn you Sangmi. Just why? When are you going back when I want you so much in my life. This 4 years in my whole life is a torture to me. I never had a complete day without you.

 

The only thing I could do is to cherish the memories since the day I met you…

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

It was Monday and it’s the first day of my job as a math teacher at Hwangji International School. International because foreigners can also study there. Yeah, whatever. I groaned and throw the pillow I was hugging on the door when my mom started knocking.

“Luhan, you better get up or I’ll cut your credit card, confiscate your car keys, wallet, and make you walk on you way!” She yelled.

 

My frown grew deep across my face. I want to shout back like “Then you teach there! I don’t want to go!” But I can’t. I just finished in college mom, why in the world do you want me to be a Values Ed teacher there?!

 

I kicked the pillow below me and sat up.

 

“One!” Yeah, my mom started counting. I better get up now. I hate this. This was supposed to be my break and I’m going to be a teacher. “Two!” She yelled.

 

“One last time and I’ll—“

 

“Okay mom I’m already up!” I loudly replied and got up on my bed. I head to my bathroom and stare at my awful bedhair.

 

A smirk lit up on my lips. “I know Luhan, I’m still hot.”

 

I pulled my shirt up and stare at the mirror, again. Perfection. I know right. I don’t know why but I sure am working too much these days… Oh Tao, aigoo that kid always dragging us to the gym. I’m glad though. I still have better abs than Kris hahah—

 

“Luhan! Why am I not hearing any water running there? Don’t tell me you’re sleeping again?!” My mom aka nagger.

 

I hate Mondays, Actually starting today. I hate Monday. Who even invented Monday? I will kick his . “Seriously?” frowning at the road in front of me. Right now, I’m still trying to guess why my mom applied me to this school. She doesn’t have a single idea how much I crave for rest before my dad finally allows me to come with him on his office.

 

I arrived at the main entrance of this school. “Nice” I smiled a little. The gates were opened wide as for another week of suffering in school. Lol. I entered the place and students were already giving me looks.

 

Of course they are curios about this new car entering their territory. Well, unfortunately I’m your new teacher in Values. How ironic, I am one of the students always getting yelled at by our Values Ed back in my highschool days.

 

Anyway, highschool like was never easy but the word fun will always be next to it. I’m never interested in having relationship, except tying Kris so he won’t be so flirty with girl. That kid, I remember catching him winking to every ladies.

 

I parked my car and turned it’s engine down. Before I go out I must check how do I okay. Tie, hair, and my breath does not stink. Okay, get ready Luhan.

“Done.”

 

I grabbed my bag and head outside. I stretched my back and walk towards the office. I knocked at the glass window and a middle age woman appeared infront of me. “Oh hi, I’m Luhan the new teacher.” This feels really new. Somehow, I feel excited going back to Highschool as a teacher.

 

“Oh yes, Mr. Lu.” She stood up from her seat and opened the sliding door. I bowed and she guided me to my desk.

 

Nice, teachers were still here since the bell is not ringing yet. Good, I’m not late. I hate to be late. “Mr Lu, here’s your table.” The lady told me. I like it. I’m at the corner. I don’t want to be bothered and bother other teachers here. “This is beautiful.” Just placing my hand down the table feels good.

 

“Good. Now good luck on your first day. Some student are you know…” I know right. In fact, I am one of them during my time. Hehehehe. “Anyway, welcome again.” She smiled and pinched my… Cheek?

 

“Are you sure you are a teacher?”

 

“Uhm, yeah.” I bowed, feeling irritated. I know I am baby faced but that question was just below the belt but I still bowed. Meh… I don’t want them to see a values ed teacher losing his temper right?

 

Placing my bag down my chair and eyed my table then the table next to me, then back to mince. “Whew, empty.” I mumbled and opened my bag. I should start fixing these things. Good thing there’s some small bookshelves beside me and some things like pencil, sharpener, and bond papers.

 

After fixing my things, someone walked to me. “Excuse me?” I turned my attention to him. “Oh hi” I bowed. Must be the principal or something.

 

“I’m Mr. Hwang Kibun.” He held out his hand on me. “I’m Luhan, sir.” I shook his hand.

 

“Oh, Chinese.” He nodded to himsell and eyed me for a while. “How old are you?”

 

“22 sir” He nodded again. I could only look at him. Am I really that baby faced? I’m hurt.

 

But he started laughing. “My oh my. You have such a child-like face. I wonder what will it look like when you start teaching your students.” He said as he pats my shoulder. “Have a good day and here’s your schedule. Remember that you don’t have classes until recess but you cannot be late. Every teacher need to be present and on time.”

 

After handling me my schedule, he cleared his throat and adjusted his eyeglasses. My eyes followed him. I knew he was checking the teachers with that kind of look he’s giving to them who went back to their respective sits when he walks to their places. Strict principal indeed.

 

After losing my interest in watching Mr. Hwang. I opened my schedule folder.

 

Hmmm… so I’m gonna teach Seniors and Sophomores. Okay… Honestly, out of all subjects to be teach, why about values? I could just teach math or physics and biology. Maybe it have something to do with my preparation before I work in my father’s company but still, with all these pressuring of my parents. Please, let me live!

 

 

 

 

 

Author's Note. Thank you for subscribing! I hope as the story goes, you'll enjoy it! One thing that makes me want to write this because I want to include some of what happened in my life. Yeahhhh, but I will not tell you what is it. Somehow I get the feel that you can identify what scene came from my special memories. Hahaha :DDD Subscribe guys and comment if you have something to tell to me :) I would be glad to know what you're thinking while reading this. :)