Chapter I

My Runaway Bride

Luhan

 

           Years have passed ever since she left me. Here I am, already the CEO of my father’s company. I already have everything that I can have. I can buy everything I want. My friends were still beside me. It seems like everything is falling into places, but no. Something’s missing… Someone is missing. If only I can turn back time, I would love to. Really bad. It’s not just for the most beautiful car… But my wife.

 

The wife who ran away from me.

 

 

I leaned my back and stopped working for a while. Releasing my pen and closed my laptop. I sighed, “Where are you now?” Years have passed ever since you disappeared and left me alone when I just figured out that I have feelings for you. I love you.

 

“Do you know that I regret everything that I have done? I need you so bad right now that I will cherish every second on the moment you’re in my arms again.”

 

I missed her so bad. I can’t even sleep right for the past 4 years that I’m sleeping all alone in our bed. We may not be cuddling but I remember every emotions I felt when you’re not around my eyes before I sleep at night. I—

 

“Mr. Lu?” My thoughts of her suddenly fell as one of my secretaries entered my office. “Out of all secretaries, why her?” I whispered to myself as there was a visible frown in my face.

 

Sunhee. Choi Sunhee, the most irritating secretary in training that was assigned to me. With that looks of her just irks me. I remember that time she always insults my wife. Yet, my wife doesn’t mind her. She’s brave, intelligent, and charming that no one can resist her. I even—

 

“Sir?” I was trying hard not to give attention to this clown infront of me but she already have interrupted my thoughts. I turned to look at her directly and tried as hard to control myself not to throw her out of the window. Sorry for my words, This Luhan cannot help it.

 

I don’t know how or why am I still bothered with Sunhee. I hate her. Did my wife somehow passed a little of her disgusting look on me when it comes to Sunhee?

 

“What?” With my eyebrow raised upwards. I grab my pen again. Sunhee cleared and bend down to hand me the folder she’s holding. Obviously, wanting me to see something inside her blouse. I took the folder and read whats inside of it only to stop and raise my head from the folder to look at her. “What is this? ‘To Mr. LuHan whatever it says.” I asked only to receive a view of her battling her eyelashes at me while curling her side hair with her finger.

“Ehem.” I said to get her attention. “Sunhee, I’m asking you. What are these invitations for?” I closed the folder and showed it infront of her face. “Pay attention, you don’t want to be a jobless lady, do you?” Sunhee nodded and bowed “I’m sorry.”

 

“Then do your job better and stop that thing you were doing earlier. It gives me chills.”

 

Sunhee gulped and nodded. “Sir, this is for the grand Victoria’s Secret fashion show in London next week and you are expected to be there.” My eye twitched. “And may I ask what is my connection to Victoria’s Secret when this company is…” Ohhhh now I know why.

 

Arghhh. I leaned back and massage my temples.

 

“Mom… not again.” I cursed under my breath and nodded to myself. “Okay, you may go now.” I said.

 

I was hoping to finally have peace again but there she goes again, “But sir if ever you don’t wanna go, I can be your—“ I cut her off,

 

“No, I will go. Get out, please.”

 

Sunhee bowed with pouting lips. I eyed her as she walks out my office and opened the folder once again to read it.

 

Greetings! The VICTORIA’S SECRET would like to invite you to this one of a kind special event that includes other international models around to the world to perform and show the new designs we have created. The company’s successful growing progress will also be celebrated so we hope to see you there!

 

My eye twitched once again. I still don’t get it. Why me? “They all know my parent’s house so why didn’t they just send it to my mom? Just then my phone rings. I grabbed it next to my laptop and checked the caller. “Look who’s calling.”

 

“Hey Kris.” I heard a squeal before I heard his breathe from the phone. “Luhan, have you received an invitation from Victoria’s Secret whatever party in London?” I was curious because the others also received one. So did you?” I can tell he’s shocked from what he just read in the invitation, but I know he’s happy. Checking legs is one of his style back in our old immature days and one of the victims is my wife.

 

A smirk passed my lips, “Stop acting, I know you’re happy.” I heard him clap his hands while laughing hard. “Well of course! Gonna have a leggy blast there. It’s a must see!”

 

“Okay, calm down galaxy style or just shut up.”

 

 

Anyways, bye Luhan see you uhm… in London!” Then he hanged up.

“Okay.”

After that, silence filled my office once again. Hmm… Let us think positive Luhan. She will come back someday. It’s either that or I will never stop searching for you Sangmi. Wherever you are, I hope you atleast remember that we’re still married and just so you know my girl. I don’t give up that easily. God knows how much I love you.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Author’s Note. This is just the start of the story. So basically, we are going back to the past later on. Hehe Sorry guys for my English and I hope you will subscribe in this story!