Final

The Unusual Subway Love Story

 

It was a long day of work at the cafe and you thank God that another day is finally over, awaiting for tomorrow to be better than present. You were standing at the fair side of the rail, fair enough not to get caught in an unfortunate accident. You waited for the loud clunking sound of metal wheels against metal rails, your fingers playing on the ticket card as your pass. There were quite a number of people, passengers standing by the spot where the doors will open.

 

It was already ten o’clock, and luckily, you caught the last trip of the transit. As the doors opened after the strong wind that blew your hair in directions, you fixed yourself and entered with the passengers, choosing their favorite spots to sit on. There were only a few number of people, so you can sit wherever you want, even though it was the first station on the route.

 

You sat on the side of the bench near the doors, thinking that you’ll get off easily in that way and catching up an opened restaurant on your way home for a late dinner. People were scattered inside the train. No one’s near. No one’s sitting with you on the same bench.

 

But that guy in front of you, sitting on the opposite side of the train, is getting a little more familiar each day. The young man was sleeping, assuming that he is still a student because of his young appearance, but his clothes and bag defies your belief that he is still in school.

 

The man was sleeping, his head bobbing in synched with the movement of the train, so you were free to observe him even more. On the left side of his chest, you saw a gold name plate with a written ‘Kim Minseok’ in black bolded prints.

 

 

Kim Minseok.

 

The name repeated again and again in your mind, shaking your head to regain your focus and telling yourself that you are not a stalker or some sort of a creep. *That you were just curious.* You leaned your head against the cold metal pole and looked at his fair skin illuminated by the city lights outside of the window and his cherry lips that were curved in the most perfect line, dumbfoundingly realizing that you were staring at the strange person named Kim Minseok in front of you.

 

And that other man staring back.

 

You saw a smirk growing on the side of Minseok’s lips, not the creepy, maniac type. He’s too good-looking for that. He was looking at you, and the only solution that you thought of was to look somewhere else instead, seeing that the window is a good means to get out in such a situation.

 

Five stations were done and the next one will be your stop. The man haven’t got out yet, already thinking in your mind that it’s fine to look now since he was asleep again. And you know that he has the same stop with you because there were a lot of times that you saw him swiping the card in an outlet before you.

 

Just a second before the train was put into a halt, you anticipated for the doors to open just like the other passengers, standing in front of the exit with a hand holding on the cold metal pole. You tiptoed as you waited and looked at the window, seeing the reflection of the familiar yet still a stranger just stood behind you and he was also looking outside just like you do.

 

He was wearing a thick green coat, with a furry hood off of his head that touches the brunette locks of his hair. He was whistling, defining his cheekbones and jaw lines perfectly sculpted by God. His throat was smoothly bobbing as he made a melodious sound of air passing through his lips. His hands were inside the pockets of his coat, and he was standing straight on his feet, clearing the gap between your height and his.

 

O-okay. Well, t-that was pleasing to the eye, especially your eyes.

 

The doors opened and you set foot on the tiled ground of the station, rubbing your hands together as the early winter breeze runs down your back. With the people around you and others coming out of the train, you prepared your card in between your fingers, only thinking about how you’ll get a cab after getting out of the station.

 

When you were about to swipe your card, Minseok suddenly took over, swiping his own and walked through the checkpoint without even taking a glance behind his back. What a douche.

 

You winced. God, he looks so good yet so rotten on the inside. You just passed through the point, and huffed as you walked to the stairs. Yah! Who does he think he is?! Bastard.

 

 

The sound of hustle and bustle of cars driving filled the atmosphere of the wide road but there were no cabs passing by, so you just put on your earphones and walked on the side of the highway, hoping that even one will pass on your way.

 

Your hands were on the pockets of your coat, and cold breath came out of your heart as you sang every lyric that lingers in your ear, noticing that no one’s around but cars and buses so you just sang your heart and printed a smile on your face over a tiring day. You were very familiar of the neighborhood already, so you were not afraid of making noise or even any unfortunate events.

 

But fate’s playing around.

 

 

A group of men, four guys to be exact, around the age surely under yours approached your way, and a blonde guy just gripped your arm and pulled you close. He smirked, “This one’s a nice catch.”

 

"Sehun, don’t be so selfish." The brunette tall man uttered, his arm over a dark-haired one that’s sporting a mischievous smile on his face. Sehun replied, "Don’t worry, Chanyeol. Everyone will have a turn."

 

You pulled back, resisting from the tight grip of Sehun on your arm. You tried to push him, but he was too strong and unfamiliar arms s around your waist. The dark-haired one smirked, “Hey, this one’s tough. I like it.”

 

"As expected from Kai." Another blonde guy shook his head, smirking just the way Kai did when you saw him looking at you. He rubbed a finger over your cheek and you winced at it, earning him a laugh as if he was really enjoying himself that you were fighting back. You tried to shout for help but there was no one, and you just cried, Chanyeol’s hand blocking your mouth with his hand. Sehun laughed, "Stop teasing her, Tao. She’s too cute I could just rip her clothes off here—"

 

Before Sehun could even continue, a punch out of nowhere just landed on his face, knocking him out of balance. The next thing you witnessed were Kai, Tao and Sehun teaming to beat up a man and you were left on Chanyeol’s hand. You kicked him on his sensitive part and left him on the floor in extreme pain. You tried to hit the others but it’s just too hard to fight when you’re outnumbered.

 

Sparing the life of the strange savior, sounds of sirens were heard on the road, making the four guys run and even stumble on their steps. You ran immediately to the man who saved you, helplessly lying on the ground with his chest heaving as he tries to catch his breath. Your eyes widened when you saw his face with blood dripping down his forehead.

 

It was him.

 

It was the guy in the subway.

 

It was Minseok.

 

 

His lips were red with a cut and a part on his cheekbone had a closed wound. You lifted his head and rested it on your lap, gently tapping his face to regain his consciousness. You asked, “Are you okay?”

 

The smile that grew on Minseok’s lips told you that he was but still he answered, “Do I look okay to you?”

 

You smiled back with a faint giggle, helping him sit on the cold asphalt with you. Both of you stood up but Minseok lost his balance and slightly leaned on you, his forehead resting on your shoulder. You said in panic, “We need to send you to the hospital!”

 

And a faint no was heard from Minseok, his voice vibrating against the cotton of your top. He kept on refusing, shaking his head as you tried to ask again. Your hands found their way on his biceps, helping him stand up properly. You offered, “Let me at least treat your wounds.”

 

 

Luckily, you found a cab that can take you home and the driver willingly helped you in carrying Minseok. When both of you sat at the back seats, Minseok rested his head on your shoulder with his eyes shut closed and you could hear the faint sound of his breathing as he tried to doze off to slumber. The driver didn’t even bother to ask what happened, knowing the answer already because of the time and the surrounding.

 

You reached your block and the cab put a halt in front of your apartment, the driver helping you get Minseok inside. You paid the old man a generous amount for his kindness, opened the lights and shut the door as the cab started the engine. Minseok was now awake, sitting on your couch and observing the nature that was new to him.

 

You immediately grabbed your first aid kit and prepared what’s needed on your coffee table. Minseok just looked at you and you started on damping a wet cotton on his cheek. He was still looking at you and you felt uneasy, but you need to treat him. Focus.

 

You put a cotton with alcohol over his wound and Minseok hissed, breaking his gaze on you, “Yah! It stings!”

 

"I’m sorry but we need to do this." You replied, and Minseok just pouted after trying to move away every time you damp a cotton of alcohol on his cuts. He looked at you again and asked, "What’s your name?"

 

You told him your name, and Minseok told him his. I know.

 

 

After putting bandages of different colors on his wounds, sorry but that’s all I have, you helped him get on your bed, the place he’ll be sleeping on for tonight.

 

The couch never looked so fine for you.

 

 

You tossed a clean blanket on the bed and you saw Minseok sitting on the flat, lifting the hem of his shirt off of his head. You got shocked, “W-what are you d-doing?”

 

Minseok looked at you and replied in the calmest manner, “I don’t sleep with a shirt on.”

 

You just turned around and walked on your way to the bathroom. Okay, there is a half- man in my house and on my bed right now. And I don’t know him that well except for his name and the fact that he saved me- Yeah, he saved me. I should be grateful. And I know I’m doing the right thing. Y-yeah yeah. Everything will be alright. Just act normal. Yeah.

 

After taking a bath and changing on your sleepwear, you immediately walked to the couch and tried to doze off to slumber but Minseok’s breathing filled the room and you just couldn’t take your mind off of it. God, what’s happening to me?

 

 

It was already seven o’clock and you know it in yourself that you’ll be late. . You noticed that the lump of blanket was no more and that you immediately thought Minseok already left, running for his work maybe. You believe that he’s a good guy, so he didn’t take anything from your apartment with him.

 

You went to work and grabbed a sandwich on the way, taking a cab because of the fear that you might see those four guys again, or worse, their whole gang.

 

Another day at the cafe has ended and you went straight to the station to get home a little early, your manager at work offering you for a ride but you refused. The sun was setting on its end, blanketing the sky in violet and orange, better than last night’s dark atmosphere.

 

You walked to the front of the train doors and observed the people on your way, noticing a familiar face sitting in one of the benches. It was Minseok. You found yourself staring at him again, his face is just too beautiful to ignore in a see of crowd, and saw him look back at you. You were shocked and pretended that you didn’t see him, switching your gaze to the approaching doors of the train. I looked stupid staring at him .

 

You felt footsteps coming to your direction, and saw Minseok’s reflection on the glass. You noticed that he was looking at you through the window and that made your cheeks turn into crimson. You turned back and greeted him right before the doors opened, pairs of feet rushing to get in and picking their spots and letting yourself flow with the crowd.

 

Luckily, you got your usual seat, right beside the doors, despite the rush hour and the pack of passengers. You looked in front of you, just on the other side of the train, hoping that you will see the familiar face that always look back. God, his stares are getting addicting each day. But what you saw was an old lady, smiling back at you when she caught you looking. You smiled then sighed. What’s happening to me?

 

You looked at your shoes and played with your foot just to let the time pass before going out after your usual five-station trip. Your mind was flying around, but it fell down its wings when you heard that familiar melodious sound of whistling that made your spine shiver with the nostalgia it brought you.

 

You looked at your side and saw that face you dreamt of last night. You were a princess stuck in a tower with a guarding dragon, and he was the prince that fought the fire-breathing monster. He got knocked out a little but he still smiled at you, laughing faintly at the princess for being dumb in asking if he’s okay when he’s clearly bleeding.

 

 

He looked back at you, replacing his whistling lips with a smile of pink gums and teeth. Minseok said, “I think this is the my favorite seat from now on.”

 


Wow, this came out long! It was supposed to be longer but the last paragraph felt so right already. This is my first OC fic so I hope I did well! Thank you so much for reading!

PLEASE LEAVE SOME COMMENTS! I EAT FEEDBACKS AND NOTIFICATIONS FOR BREAKFAST! *Seriously, I check the internet before brushing my teeth in the morning.* THANK YOU!