Miserable Life

Hidden Beauty

I'm running with my friend right now. Running for our lives to be saved. I don't know what's wrong with my friend. She's always dragging me somewhere I don't wanna go, but I have no choice, since she's my only friend. "What did you do again?" I asked her, while running out of breath. I am really tired, gahh! "It looks like I broke some things in the Coffee Shop." She answered, with a tired-looking face. Employees from the Coffee Shop is after us right now and we're still running. "Did we lost them?" I asked, still running out of breath. She just nodded and we rested for a while. We bought two water bottles from a near store and the bottle was empty after a minute. "How are you going to pay the things you broke?" I asked her. Wait, I've been asking a lot of questions already. She just smiled at me, "I don't know." My mouth dropped, not literally. "I mean, I will pay for it, but not now. I don't have money." She added and we continued walking.

 

 

>>> 

 

 

Chorong arrived at her house with her friend. "You are really crazy." said Chorong. "I know, right!" Her friend answered, and Chorong expected that kind of response. She's always like that, while Chorong isn't. "By the way, are you still not going to befriend other people in school?" Chorong's friend asked, and she nodded repeatedly. "No, I guess." Chorong answered. "Hyuna, don't ever ask that question to me again. It's bothering me." She said to her friend. Hyuna just pouted, worrying about her friend. "But wh—" even before Hyuna could finish what she was about to say, Chorong cut her off. "Because no one likes me. I'm invisible to them. They tell me I'm weird, and ugly, and all such things. What do they call me again? A nerd."

Chorong's life is different from what you would've thought. Just like what she said, no one like her, except for her family and her friend, Hyuna, of course. "I-I'm sorry, Chorong-ie." Hyuna said, stuttering. "It's okay, just don't ever ask that stupid question again because you alraedy know the answer." Chorong warned. "Kids, let's eat." Chorong's mother called them. They went together to the dining and started eating together. Her parents know that she's being bullied in her school and always tell her to transfer schools but she would always reject their offer, because she thinks that people will treat her the same. Chorong's parents are glad that she has, at least one friend with her that would treat her different, unlike others.

After eating dinner, Chorong said goodbye to Hyuna as her friend leaves their house. "Do not be late tomorrow, okay?!" Chorong reminded her friend before she left. Hyuna just nodded her head, and headed home. Chorong went straight to her room upstairs. While looking at the ceiling in her room, she remembers what her friend asked her. "Are you still not going to befriend other people in school?" That question kept repeating and repeating in her mind. Even though she has interest in having a lot of friends, the problem is, people don't wanna be friends with her. She's already happy by having just one friend.

 

 

>>> 

 

 

"Hyuna-ya! Hyuna-ya!" I tried to shout, even though my voice is soft. Aysh, this kid is late again. "Hyuna-ya!" I tried to shout as loud as I can, but my voice is really soft. "Coming!" Hyuna shouts and it can be heard to the other side of the street, that's how loud her voice is. She's very noisy. She comes out of her house get with a messy hair. I sighed, "Did you wake up late again, Hyuna?" I asked and she just giggles. "Didn't I tell you to not be late?" I said, and she has a smiling face on her and said, "Chorong-ie, don't talk like that. You're like my mother if you continue being like that. I know you're older, but... just don't talk like that." I just nodded. "Why don't we go now?" I asked. She nodded her head, then we headed to school.

"Whoops! We were almost late, Chorong-ie." Hyuna said after setting a foot on school. "We were almost a second late, Hyuna-ya." I corrected her. "Gosh, I needed to explain that we already entered the school right before the bell rings to the school quard." I said and she just ignores me and started walking ahead, and I followed her. Everyone started entering their classrooms, and Hyuna and I are walking slowly, because we ran on our way here in school. As we enter the classroom, the teacher greets us, "School's almost over and you're still late, Ms. Park and Ms. Kim, how nice of both of you." Yes, she calls us by our Family names, and another yes, she is a strict teacher. "We are truly sorry, Mrs. Yoon." Both of us said at the same time then bowed. Let me tell you that we have manners to be followed in school. “Don’t call me Mrs. Yoon, I am still single!” She said but the truth is, she’s already taken, Hyuna and I saw her with her boyfriend.

“Your High School lives are almost over in a month and a half, I think—“ The teacher could not continue what she was about to say when all students, including me rejoiced. My High School life is almost over and people still treats me like . I don’t blame them. I know the way I dress up and talk to them, they won’t like it. Good thing I have a friend, right? “You should’ve enrolled in a school already and have thought the course you would study. All you have to do now is to pass your finals.” The rejoicing students became sad. “Ugh, finals.” One of my classmates said. “Did you study? I haven’t.” Hyuna told me. Yup, we’re seatmates. No one else wants to sit beside me, and I don’t blame them. They don’t want to be friends with someone like me, a nerd, like what they all call me.

 

 

>>> 

 

 

Chorong and Hyuna were about to go home when Hyuna had an idea of doing something. “No, I’m not going with you. What if those employees in the Coffee Shop see us?” Chorong said, worrying. “Don’t be like that. They won’t see us, because we’ll go to a different mall. Call?” Hyuna told her worried friend. Chorong just nodded her head, realizing she can’t refuse to her friend’s suggestion. And so they went to Time Square mall in Seoul. “Feels so good going to the mall once in a while, right?” Hyuna said, breaking the silence between her and her friend. “But we just went to the mall yesterday, right?” Chorong said, and sighed. “We did? Oh, yes, we did.” Hyuna said, only realizing they went to the mall yesterday. Chorong face palmed.

When they arrived, they started window shopping. “Hey, we should eat!” Hyuna suggested. “Uh, we just finished eating like, 10 minutes ago?” Chorong answered. “I know, I was kidding!” Hyuna laughed. They continued shopping and shopping. Everything was so fine, until Chorong slipped, “Ahh!” Chorong shouted and closed her eyes. She then realized someone caught her even before she could fall. She opened her eyes and saw a handsome guy with sparkling eyes. “You’re so handsome.” Chorong said, not thinking straight. “Ahjumma!” The guy who caught her said, but Chorong just stared at him.