a sudden realisation [1/1]

a sudden realisation

[not beta-ed because pft, I'm the worst]

Mark is in the living room, walking to join the others on the couch when Jackson lets out one of his high-pitched laughs and Mark's gaze immediately goes to him. He's still walking while watching his co-member when he thinks for the first time that Jackson's ridiculous and beautiful.

Beautiful.

Wait.

Beautiful?

The thought isn't that shocking.

Mark splutters. Oh, well, lie.

It is shocking.

It is so mothering shocking that Mark trips over his feet and the next thing he knows is that Jinyoung is squeaking and is telling him to ing get up because he can't breathe. 

Mark blinks once, twice, thrice, without taking his eyes off Jackson. He hasn't just thought that Jackson is beautiful, has he?

Nope.

Why would he think that Jackson is beautiful? The guy is full of energy, charisma, too energetic and charismatic for his liking sometimes, funny, annoying, embarassing to the point that Mark often wishes to lock him in their room until Jackson stops his , but beautiful?

Maybe good-looking. Maybe.

Mark has an internal freak out. He's moved to sit next to Jinyoung (he's actually forced him to make space for him) and he's still staring at the guy who has made him think stupid things. After five seconds he's managed to calm himself a little. But then, of course, Jackson has to look back at him and then he grins, teeth showing, face lighting up.

And, oh, holy .

-

It takes him a week to realise that he's, uhm, not really in love. That would be weird because it's not like Jackson makes his insides melt. No, not that. Not at all.

Okay. Fine. Maybe some times.

But mostly, he doesn't.

Mark thinks that he's probably got a crush. It should be a big deal, since he went more than a little bit crazy when he thought that about Jackson, except that now, it doesn't seem like that. 

He's got Jackson resting his head on his lap, while he's arguing with Jaebum and Bambam over what channel to watch on television. Mark can feel the warmth of the other's body and it feels comfortable and he's not getting all nervous about it. He likes it, and he can feel that he wants more than this.

That's the reason why Mark puts his hand on Jackson's shoulder and he starts moving it up and down, rubbing on a spot.

It feels nice.

So, no more panic moments.

Embrace the feeling, Tuan. Yup.

-

He tells Jaebum because he's the leader and he thinks that the guy should know.

"What's new?"

Mark looks at him. "Nothing important. They'll probably dye my hair brown." He says. "And, oh, I might have a crush on Jackson." He adds with a shrug.

Jaebum is still sipping his milk after Mark's done talking. He doesn't look surprised. Not even a little. "Okay." A pause. "Are you going to tell him?"

Mark flips his hair out of his eyes. He frowns. "Should I tell him?" It's just a crush. It will eventually go away. "It's not a big deal."

"Is it not?"

Mark frowns more. He doesn't understand the disbelieving gaze that the leader is giving him. "No?" It comes out like a question because Jaebum is making him confused. "Should it be? Because I don't think so. It's a crush. Nothing great. Just a little crush."

"Oh." Jaebum tilts his head to the side. "So you don't want to do things with Jackson?"

"Things?" Mark opens and closes his mouth. "Uhm, I don't get it. What kind of things?"

"Hug him?"

Mark looks. "We hug."

"Right." Jaebum replies, putting the mug down. He scratches his head. "What about cuddling?"

"Aren't hugs cuddles?"

"Smartass." Jaebum sighs. "Don't you want to kiss Jackson?"

"He kissed me once- -"

"On the lips." Jaebum points out. He must have seen something on Mark's face (something like, ohyeahI would like that, uhm). "Why don't you tell him?"

-

"Guys?"

Bambam and Yugyeom stop talking to each other. They are playing with their phones on the bed.

"Yes, hyung?" The maknae asks him with a small smile.

Mark returns it. "Do you know where Jackson is?"

"Jackson hyung?" Bambam looks thoughtful. "He's out with Jinyoung hyung and Youngjae hyung. I heard them talking about food. They're out for dinner or at the supermarket." He says helpfully. "Getting something to eat for sure."

"Oh, I see." Mark nods. "I'll wait then."

The two are getting back to their cellphones. Mark is about to close the door when he stops because Yugyeom throws a question at him.

"Something wrong? Did he break your stuff again? Took your shirt without asking? Wait, that's Bambam."

"Hey!"

Mark lets out a small chuckle. "Nothing like that. I just have to tell him something."

"About the team or- -"

"Nah, it's personal." He admits, eyeing the floor. He looks up at them. "I have a crush on him and I think- -well, Jaebum thinks and he's convinced me that I should think so- -that I have to tell him."

"You like Jackson hyung, Mark hyung?" Bambam's eyebrows look like they're going to touch his hairline.

"Yes." Mark says with decision. "And I want to kiss him."

"Oh." The second youngest member seems disappointed at first. Then, after a second, he's sporting a tentative smile. "Okay, but if it doesn't end well, I'm always here, okay? For the both of you."

"Well, that's one blunt way to reveal your feelings for a guy." Yugyeom mumbles, impressed. "Two guys."

"What's wrong with liking both of the hyungs?" Bambam is scowling.

Mark just blinks.

"How are you going to confess?" The maknae inquires, ignoring the other guy's question. "Thought of a grand gesture? Jackson hyung is definitely the type of dude who likes grand gestures."

"Is he?" Mark bites his lower lip. He them, now feeling uncertain all of a sudden. "Should I think of something big? It's just a crush."

"It's not just a crush, Mark hyung." Bambam shakes his head. "It's Jackson hyung we're talking about. Come here, let us help you."

-

"The chocolate sticks aren't for you, Mark hyung." Jinyoung berates him. He slaps his hand. "They're Jaebum hyung's. He asked me to buy them. Eat an apple if you're hungry."

"But apples aren't made of chocolate." Mark comments, rubbing the sore spot with his free hand. He's clutching a piece of paper with the other. 

Jinyoung notices it. "What is it? If it's a shopping list, good luck to you. I'm not going out a second time."

"Jesus, man, why are you so mean today?" Mark rolls his eyes. "It's a love rap."

"A what?" Jinyoung doesn't wait for an answer. He takes the paper from the older. Without the other's consent, he starts to read it.

"Oh, boy, don't you dream to be the one?/
I've got everything that you want./
Follow me and I'll show you how good I really am,/
oh, boy, you want to know it, yeah, tonight,/
your smile, boy, it's so big it hurts,/
you're so bright, you could be my personal sun./
Tonight, oh boy, be mine. Tonight, oh boy,/
let me show you, I can be in your tomorrow/"
 

Jinyoung gapes. "This is so ugly."

Mark scrunches up his nose. "If you read it like an elementary student with a poem, it will sound ugly for sure. You're supposed to rap it."

"Rap or not, it'd still sound ugly. Trust me." Jinyoung eyes him.

Mark deflates. Then, he says, irritated, "Bambam and Yugyeom wrote 40% of the lyrics."

"Not that the remaining 60% is better." Jinyoung tells him with a face. He folds his arms on his chest. "Since when do you take advices from the maknae line?"

"It's the first time- -"

"And hopefully the last." Jinyoung says, exasperated. "Why did you let yourself be persuaded by those two?"

"It is a rap." Mark replies, defending himself. "And I'm a rapper."

"It's still an ugly song. It's not romantic at all." Jinyoung repeats. He sighs. Then, he looks at Mark for a couple of seconds. "Who's this lucky person?"

A part of Mark wants to keep on arguing, but he just huffs in the end. "It's for Jackson."

Jinyoung widens his eyes.

"What?"

"Uhm, maybe it's cool. Like, yeah, he'll like this. Forget what I said."

 -

where are you? :(

Mark's not really a guy who uses emoticons a lot, but he's got a crush on Jackson and even if he initially thought that it was not a big deal, maybe it is since all the members make it look like that. Plus, he wants to kiss Jackson.

He's not the guy who kisses anyone. On the lips.

ice cream w/ youngjae hahaha nothin for u, er!

Typical. Here is Mark, sending a special emoticon and there's Jackson, calling him er and laughing.

He still likes him, though.

Woah.

Jackson Wang is being an annoying and Mark still likes him. So much even. There. It's definitely a big deal.

come back. TO ME. :(

Jackson replies, hahaha :P ice cream ice cream. l8r

but i have to tell you an important thing

the thing can wait. ice cream can't. ice cream always comes first.

i hate you.

hahaha

Mark is starting to feel a little worried because, how can Jackson just laugh when Mark's telling him that he hates him?

And oh, .

If he feels troubled just because of something silly like a hahaha, then it is absolutely a big deal.

Maybe, it's more than a crush?

Mark stares at his cellphone. At the text.

He swears that his fingers start moving on their own. >.<" come back hoooooome. can you come back hooome?

capital S.

It doesn't help that Jackson's reply to him is nothing more than the first line of 2ne1's Crush.

-

"Where's Jackson?"

Youngjae looks at him, puzzled. "In your room."

"Oh." Mark says. "I didn't see him- -I was waiting for him to arrive and- -Okay. Look, just thanks."

-

Mark opens the door. He inhales deep.

This is it.

There's nobody in his and Jackson's shared bedroom, though.

He's about to turn around- -no, he's just turned around and he's about to start looking for the guy when he sees Jackson behind him with a half-peeled orange in his hand.

Jackson beams at him. Great. " The ice cream was delicious. Do you wa- -"

"Shut up for a second." Mark says, because he needs to concentrate. He sees the other frown at him, but he concedes anyway, and Mark gulps because oh, god, Jackson. It's just Jackson, a part of him says, but it doesn't work. He puts his hand in his pockets, decided to start with the rap so that he can finish this quickly.

The problem is that the piece of paper is not there. 

Not even in the other pocket, and where the hell did he put it?

"Well?" Jackson asks impatiently. 

Mark doesn't need that at this moment. He looks at the guy who's now purposely tapping his foot on the floor because he likes being an irritating er like that. He wants to throw things at Jackson, but then he also wants to kiss him because Jaebum has put the idea in his mind and Mark's thought about it all day. 

And he really wants to kiss Jackson.

"Sometimes being cute isn't enough, you know? Didn't your mom teach you that sometimes you should talk because other people can't read your mind?"

Even if he's a .

Mark sighs, frustrated. What can I do? Hell. What if- -? Well, why not. He'll lose nothing if he tries. Ignoring Jackson's mocking look, he takes a small breathe, before,

 

"You don't get it Jacks, I'm a pretty boy,
quit playing hard to get you'll never find a better boy,
so come along with me if you wanna do it right- -"
 

"- -woah, woah, woah. Why are you singing Follow me, now?"

 

"- -cause I can show you how to have a good time, all night.
So tell me whaccha think, doesn't it- -"
 

"- -what the hell, Mark? What the- -"

 

Mark stops rapping. He massages his temples. "You're the only one who can give me a headache while I'm trying to confess to you. Jackson, my god." He breathes out, cheeks red, because it turns out that he isn't able to say things like that with a straight poker-face. "You're impossible." He complains, but he can hear himself and it's fond and- -

everything.

"I like you?"

He dares to look at Jackson. The latter is grimacing at him.

For a second Mark thinks that he's going to be rejected and oh, nobody told him that it's a possibility. He himself hasn't thought about it obviously and he feels like a moron.

But Jackson is talking a second later,

"You're such a ridiculous idiot," and it's fond too, and Mark is staring at his lips and then, he yanks on Jackson's hand. The orange falls on the floor, but who the ing cares?

Mark doesn't.

Jackson's lips taste of vanilla and orange and mint and something else. They're not so soft, they're a little chapped, but they're addicting.

And Mark can totally Jackson's lips, so no problem.

Yay.

-

"Hey, Jaebum."

The leader a brow at him. "Yeah?"

"Does the fact that I think we made love instead of just had means that I'm in love with Jackson?" Mark asks seriously, scratching the tip of his nose.

"Oh, hey, that, eh, it means," Jaebum splutters, "too much info, dude. I can't- -"

fin.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 [A/N]
 
TOLD YA: This is STUPID, but I GOT7s, I wrote this because yeah-gotseven, my favorite blog, recommended my fanfic YAY! So,
 
 
And PLEASE, COMMENT or
 
Kidding. I won't. /lol
But let me know your opinions. Anyway, gotta go. Always remember that
 
The  gifs belong to oneday-everlasting.