4

You and Le Bias

You and (bias’ name) are sitting hand-in-hand on the curb under the beautiful, twinkling stars above. No one’s there besides you two. No passersby, no cars; just the two of you, the dark sky and the impeccable stars above you. It reminds you of the night when he asked you to be his girl.

No one dares to talk. The sound of the serene howling of the cold wind and your steady breathing fill the void of silence.

“This reminds me of the night you said ‘yes’ to me.”

“You remember it too?”

“Of course, how would I ever forget that?”

You fix your eyes to the ground then smile at the pleasing thought.

“By the way, I want to tell you something.” His voice is stern yet hesitant.

“What is it?” You turn to face him. Your eyes are glinting with expectation.

“Promise me one thing.”

“Sure, what is it?” You stick your pinky finger out.

“You’ll never cry for people who don’t deserve you.”

“Never will I.” You smile brightly.

“Then don’t cry for me, okay?”

His words seem to be impossible to put together in a sentence? It must have been his grammar, or no?

You scoff haughtily.

“You almost got me there. Okay, what is it really?”

“I’m not kidding.” His reaction is rigid but somewhat laced with pity, pity for you. “Sorry for everything. I’m breaking up with you.” He slowly untwines his fingers from yours. “Goodbye.”