Valentine

My Valentine

(Taecyeon)

It's a special day for every couple out there but for me, it's just a normal day, just like every other day. I just don't think it's worth it spending money or time on it because it's really just another day. There are many girls who had asked me out in school for the past week but I rejected them. It would be really unfair to them if I don't feel the same way so I'd rather not accept them. To me Valentine's Day is just a scheme to overcharge people for buying cheap chocolates, a little flower and some plain soft toys. It's daylight robbery, if you ask me. 

Since all my friends are out on dates, I decide to go to a nearby bookstore by my house. Yes, I'd rather spend my Valentine's Day on comics and ramen. 

"No dates tonight?" My mom asks as she puts away magazines that were scattered around on the table. "I thought Na Yoon was forcing you to be her date since a month ago. How come her mother told me that she's going out with Joon?"

I laugh. "I rejected her and pushed Joon to her because he likes her anyway."

Mom shakes her head at my doing. "I like her though. She's cute, pretty and so cheerful. Maybe a little clingy but she's so lovely!"

"You can date her then," I roll my eyes. Mom throws the towel at me but I ducked and avoided it skilfully. "Alright alright, I'll be at the bookstore!"

I leave and then realise that the light drizzle has upgraded to rain. Why does it rain when I'm about to leave? Sighing, I go back in to get an umbrella but there was none. How can there be no umbrella at home? I decide to just go in the rain even though it's pouring heavily. I grab an unwanted magazine and put it above my head before running off to the bookstore. The rain is getting heavier than before and I am stopped at a traffic light. I am so drenched when an umbrella sheltered me suddenly. I turn around to see this angelic looking girl. Is she real? Her skin is fair and soft, and her eyelashes long and thick. Her eyes are bright and filled with warmth, her cheeks are tinted with natural blush. Her hair is a deep brown and it looks asolutely lustrous. She looks up at me and smiles a little. Her lips. Her lips look so soft, so moist and plump. It is the colour of a rosy riped apple. Although I am a guy I can tell that her face was totally free of make up. She is a natural beauty. If I didn't know I would say she's a model but she doesn't seem like the type that would model. Her figure is perfect. Slim, slender and curvy at the right places. This feeling is so unfamiliar. I've never felt this way before. It's not just lust, it's something more. This rain... Is it love rain? 

Just then, the lights turn green and we run across the road together. Since I am taller than her I take the umbrella from her and shelter us from the rain. As soon as we reach the bookstore I shake off the water on her umbrella and return it to her.

"Thank you so much," I bow slightly out of politeness. 

"You are welcome," She says. Her voice is so smooth and soft. It reminds me of silk scarves. Do I sound gay?

"I'm Taecyeon," I say while putting out a hand for her to shake. She shakes it and when our hands touch, I swear the touch is like no other. Her hand is so smooth and soft like tofu.

"I'm Suzy," she smiles. "It's nice to see you but I have to go, bye!"

Before I can say anything, she turns around and starts to walk away. 

"Wait!" I call out. "Wait Suzy!"

She turns around and looks at me in curiousity. She then walks back to where I am. 

"What is it?" She asks. I take in a deep breath. This is my first time. I can do this.

"What are you doing tonight?" I blurt out. She smiles slightly while shaking her head.

"Nothing, probably going to study a little. Why?"

"Let me buy you something to thank you for helping me just now. A meal or a drink or something." I think I sound desperate. Gosh.

"It's fine though. I don't know you, how do I know if you won't do something bad to me?" She asks with her brows furrowed together slightly. I chuckle lightly and shake my head.

"No way, I just purely want to thank you that's all so don't worry about hidden intentions." Actually she should because I do have a hidden intention. I want her. For the first time I actually want a girl innocently and I may even like her. I don't even know. Is it possible to love at first sight? It's something we hear about all the time but never actually experienced it.

She thinks about it for a while, keeping quiet. I then take in a deep breath again.

"So... Will you be my Valentine?"

 

 

(This is inspired by Taecyeon's song in Dream High )  <3