Us Against the World

YulTi collection (One shots)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Gonna start this one shot with an apology again, I'm sorry I don't know what was running in my head when I started this today.  I don't even know what to put in here hahaha. Sorry if it's lacking, I'll try to make it up someday hahaha.

Oh well, I still hope you'll enjoy it :)

I over heard my girlfriend talking on the phone.

 

"No dad!" she protested.

 

 "I don't care! Take everything!" 

 

"No! You can't take this unit! This is mine!" 

 

"I don't care dad!" then she threw her cell phone on the other side of the bed. She grunts in frustration as she cried with her hands covering her face. I sat beside her, threw my hand around her shoulder to comfort her. 

 

"That was my dad" she said in between sobs.

 

 I was not surprised a bit because lately, she's been arguing with her father. My heart ached seeing her so miserable like this. This is my first time to see her in so much pain, and I may have caused it. I wanted to brush off the thought of letting her go but seeing her like this made up my mind. I sighed heavily as I sat beside her. 

 

"Maybe they are right. maybe your dad is right" it pained me to say every word of it but if this is what it takes to bring back Tiffany's smile then so be it.

 

She lifted her head from her hands and looked at me in disbelief 

 

"You're not ing serious right now?!" 

 

I wanted to say I was joking, but this is serious. This is Tiffany's happiness we are talking about and I would not joke something so serious. 

 

"No..."

 

"What are you saying?!"  She countered in bewilderment 

 

"I stood up for you, I chose you and now, you tell me, they're right!?" I tried my best to stay very calm but I can't especially if Tiffany's screaming at my face like this. 

 

"What do you want us to do?!" I asked her "They took everything from us Tiffany, everything!" I continued looking dead deep in the eye.

 

"Not everything" she trailed off "I love you" she said with trembling lips.

 

I can't fall for this. I need her to break up with me, I need her to go back to her normal life. I don't want her to suffer with me. I can't have her suffer because of me. 

 

"What could ing love do?!" I said throwing my hands on the air.

 

"I don't want to go back" she persisted 

 

"No! You have to go back to your parents!" with my last word, I dashed outside her condominium

 

 

After few minutes of wandering around absent mindedly, I found myself drinking. I felt the burning sensation running through my throat as I engulf this unfamiliar glass of jack. I am a regular drinker here in this club but I never had the gut to try hard drinks like this. Also, this is the first time I've been here, alone. I usually go here along with my friends or, most of the time, with my girl friend. I flinch at the thought of my girlfriend. I left her, just left her like this. I took another shot glass of Jack and just threw everything in my mouth. I took my bag and fished for my wallet, I almost handed him my credit card but I remembered my account’s been frozen so I harshly threw the remainder of cash in my wallet to the waiter. ! What have I done? I gotta get back.

 

I rushed out of the bar and made fast striding steps back to my car. I curse myself guiltily for letting my emotions; once again, get the best out of me. I ran out, I ran out on her when all she ever did was fight for me. I wanted her to be happy again but with what I did, I don't think she'd be what I wanted her to be. She's right, we still have our love. Everything may be gone, but at least I still have her, but I just pushed her away. I shook my head vigorously shaking off the stupidity I just did. I pushed the up button of the elevator impatiently wishing it would come faster as I do so. I waited for it to come to the ground floor then few seconds later, I entered and pushed the 4th floor. I rushed to open the door of her, but now "our" shared apartment. 

 

"Tiffany!" I cried checking the bedroom first. There she is, lying on the bed with her head buried under the pillow. I can see her fist clutching on the bed covers. I can hear her crying. I sighed heavily; I know that somehow, I was the reason behind these tears. I walked at the edge of the bed and reached for her back leg caressing it slowly. 

 

"Tiffany, I am sorry" I said feeling my voice crack. 

 

I waited for her to say something but all I heard were sobs. I lied beside her and leveled my face to hers then pulled the pillow off her grip, revealing her reddened and wet face. Clearly, while I was out having a drink, she was here crying. Guilt was doubled when I saw her face. I wiped the tears on her cheeks with my thumbs. 

 

"I am so sorry for leaving just like that" I said sincerely, holding her cheek. She held my hand and opened her puffy eyes.

 

"It's not your fault" she said with pained expression on her eyes.

 

"I am the reason why your dad is treating you this way" with those words, Tiffany's eyes locked to mine.

 

"You are the reason why I am happy. For the first time I feel happy, for the first time I feel like everything doesn’t matter as long as I have you, for the first time I feel free.  I want you, I want to be with you. I chose you" she said with sincerity.

 

"Maybe... you need to go back..." I tried once again, but was cut off when she loosened her grip on my hands.

 

"No! I would never" she declared.

I have to admit that a part of me felt happy and secured when she said those words cause I would also do the same thing for her. 

 

Me and Tiffany have lived a prosperous and bountiful life.  We never had to work just to get anything we want. If we need something or want something, we could just ask our parents will be receiving it in a snap. No questions asked, no conditions made, that is how easy our life is, or was. 

 

Tiffany is a successor of the Hwang family. The Hwangs basically own probably 3/4 of the hotels here in Seoul, alone. And I am not talking about cheap stake hotels, I am talking about top caliber, five star hotels known all around the world. As the only successor, she was pampered from head to toe. Nothing she asked that wasn't given. If she only asked for her parents to get her the moon, they would ramble for ways to get it. Ok moon was probably over the top, but you could get the logic. You'd think with all these in her hands, she'd be a lazy brat and a diva. Completely, she's not. She graduated as the top of her class in Harvard and is, was the CEO of Hwang Corporation in the United States. Ah yeah, not only they have hotels in Seoul, they also have plenty in California, Las Vegas, and New York. To think of all her achievements at a very young age, you'd think she'd be tough or be hard on her workers. Everyone gets surprised when they actually meet the boss. She's the complete opposite, total opposite. She's the kind of boss who smiles and greets every worker in the morning, she parties with them and have people cater if someone has a birthday amongst her people. Yeah she's that reachable and close to her workers. With this closeness, the professionalism and respect remain intact among her and the workers. 

 

 My family's quite okay. Okay meaning my family owns few restaurants here in Seoul and out of the country, and well planes. Yeah I am talking about airplanes. We have our own airlines which make it easier for me and anyone whom I please to travel with anytime I wish to. My family and Tiffany's family have been friends for quite sometime now. They meet once in a while for business or just for fun. Yeah, they're business partners too alright? We manage some of the restaurants in their hotels. 

 

The first time I met Tiffany, I felt really different. I knew she'd be the person I wanted to be with. Call it love at first sight. Turned out, she felt that way to me too, at least that's what she told me weeks after we started dating. 

 

Our families found out about relationship and they're very furious about it.  They threatened us to take away everything from us if we didn't break up. Hence, the phone conversation of Tiffany earlier and our current situation now.  We tried to escape from them, we left everything we had, our positions, houses, everything.  But still, this wasn’t enough for them to stop breaking us apart. 

 

 

"I'm sorry I haven't been with you these past few days" I said sorrowfully as I pulled her near my chest. 

She closed her eyes and shook her head. 

"As long as you're still with me" she whispered weakly to my chest. “Please don’t push me away.” She begged me.

 

It hurt me so much to see the person I love the most beg.  After hearing her words, I’ve decided to finish this.  I decided to stop pushing her away, and I will fight for her, I will fight with her now.  If she says she’s happy with me, then so be it, her happiness is what really matters to me, so I took my phone in my pocket and dialed my mom’s number.

 

“Mom, tell dad, I’m not going back.”

“But Yul, you know what your dad can do. Please don’t do this to yourself.” 

 

“Mom, I love Tiffany, I love her. And I don’t know if I can continue to live without her.  It’s going to be hard I know but it’s worth it.” I told my mom and squeezed Tiffany’s hand to assure her that I am fighting this battle with her.

 

I can only hear my mom sigh.  I know Tiffany’s and my mom have been working behind our dad’s back to make sure that we are still alive.

 

“I’ll talk to your dad about this.  And I’ll see what I can do.”

 

“No mom, you’re already doing enough.  It’s alright, thank you.  I’ll face him.”

 

I hang up the phone and spoon Tiffany on our bed.  We stayed like this for a while. 

 

“I’m sorry I keep walking out on you” I told Tiffany while kissing her shoulder.

She turned around to face me, she cupped my head with both her hands and kiss my lips lightly.

“You always come back, that’s what really matters.” She said while rubbing a tear that escaped my eye.

 

“I won’t leave you, anymore.  We will face this.”

 

Then a bang in the front door terrified us. 

 

“TIFFANY!” screams the familiar voice.

 

We looked at each other and immediately got out of the bed.  True enough, we were right.  It was Tiffany’s father along with her mother who was pulling his arm.

 

“Please don’t do this to your daughter, Tony.” Tiffany’s mother says while being dragged as she tried to pull her husband out of the door.

 

“Dad, what are you doing here?” Tiffany asked. “I told you, I won’t go back.  I’m staying with Yuri.”

 

“Do you know how much you disappointed me?  I want you to be happy, Fany.  I don’t want people to hurt you.  I want a normal life for you.” Mr. Hwang said, trying to stay calm.

 

“Dad, I am happy.  I am happy with Yuri.  Did it come to you that you are actually hurting me?  I don’t care what other people think.  The hell I care! You, of all people, are hurting me the most dad.” She said while wiping off a tear in her eye.

 

“Tiffany, STOP THIS! I CARE ABOUT YOU!”

 

“YOU ONLY CARE ABOUT WHAT OTHER’S WILL THINK! NOT ME! IT WAS NEVER ME” I pulled Tiffany for a hug.  I don’t want her to say anything that she’ll regret.  I know how much she loves her dad.  Of course, I understand how she feels.  Heck, I’d stand up for her as well if my dad does the same. 

 

“Uncle To…”

 

“Don’t call me uncle!” she lunged towards me and Fany.

 

I turned around so he wouldn’t hit Fany.  He was now inches away from my face, I can see anger in her eyes.

 

“You did this to my daughter!” Mr. Hwang said gritting her teeth. 

 

“Stop it!”  Tiffany freed herself from my arms and started pushing her father.  “It was never her fault!  I love her dad don’t you get it?!”  

 

“Tiffany stop.”  I told Tiffany pulling her back to my arms, I rubbed her back whispering nothing but “I love you” to her ears, it did calm her down a bit.  She sobbed, and let go of me.  She then faced her dad once again. 

 

It was then I froze, I found her dad pointing a gun in her.

 

“Alright, if that’s what makes you happy dad, do it.” Tiffany said without hesitation.  There was nothing but anger in her voice.  “Just don’t hurt Yuri.”

 

“Please stop this, don’t do this to your own daughter.” Tiffany’s mother tried to take the gun from him, he’s now trying to shove her away with his free hand.

 

“If you don’t get away from her, I would not hesitate to hurt my own daughter.” Mr. Hwang said.  I can see the pain in his eyes, he loves his daughter, his precious princess.  And he wants nothing but happiness for her, but in the normal way.

 

Still, Mrs. Hwang struggled to put down a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter