Poor Vision

Poor Vision

Baekhyun released a deep sigh of exasperation as he stared in the mirror of the bathroom; how could he have been so irresponsible? For a moment, he held up the box of contact lenses, which was now empty, and glared at it as if the death-look would magically fill the box with contacts. When no such thing occurred, he tossed the box into the trashcan with a huff before opening the door and heading back to his room.

Luckily, none of the members passed him in the hall; he was certain they would have caught him and made a large ordeal out of the fact that his eyes seemed to be a different color than normal. However, he would never admit to any of them that he got colored contacts so that he would be able to artificially light the color of his irises. They would never let him live it down; unfortunately, he couldn’t think of a plan to avoid the topic since he would have to wear his glasses, which, no doubt, would draw even more attention to him.

Once in his room, he pushed the door shut and went straight to his bedside table, opening the top drawer which contained some personal items, including a case for the glasses that he had so rarely worn since the group had debuted. In his mind, they would be nothing but a hindrance to him, especially when he was dancing, and he was afraid the fans might not like him as much if he were to start wearing them again.

Of course, the fans’ and members’ opinions weren’t the ones he was the most worried about. Mostly, he didn’t want Chanyeol to think he looked geeky in the glasses. It wasn’t that they were particularly ugly glasses; Baekhyun just thought he looked too different when he wore them; as if he was a completely other person from himself, and he hated to think that Chanyeol might see him that way too.

Just as he was slipping the frames onto the bridge of his nose, the door handle jiggled a little before the door swung open, and that adorable face that Baekhyun adored poked into the room. Baekhyun tried to rush and hide the glasses, but it was too late. In a moment, Chanyeol was across the room and had grasped Baekhyun’s wrists in his larger hands. The giant looked down at him, his eyes full of… But Baekhyun couldn’t place what emotion was held within Chanyeol’s perfect eyes. For a long moment, there was silence as each examined the other, one looking at a physical aid, the other trying to analyze an expression. Finally, Chanyeol decided to speak up.

“Baek, your eyes,” he almost whispered. “They’re so…”

When he trailed off, Baekhyun ducked his head, hiding his eyes as he inserted, “I know, dark. My actual eyes are a lot darker. I would’ve told you, but—“

Chanyeol placed one long finger over Baekhyun’s lips, silencing him as he lifted his chin. “Actually, I was going to say that they’re much deeper than usual. You wear contacts normally, don’t you?”

Baekhyun could only nod in response with the younger man’s finger still pressed against his lips. He had to admit, he was extremely surprised by Chanyeol’s initial reaction, but he could still imagine him growing tired of seeing Baekhyun in the glasses all the time.

Chanyeol seemed to read his mind because then he said, “I like them better on you, actually. You look so cuuuuuuute~” With the end of the sentence, Chanyeol’s grin spread wide across his face, and as he removed his finger from Baekhyun’s lips, he simply replaced it with a short peck on the mouth. Baekhyun’s cheeks were flushed red when the giant pulled away, and this only made Chanyeol smile more, as if that was even possible.

“Well, maybe I’ll wear them more if you like them so much,” Baekhyun managed to mumble just loud enough for Chanyeol to hear.

“Good,” Chanyeol replied cheekily. Then, without warning, he reached up and slid the frames off his boyfriend’s face and slipped them over his own eyes. “Wow~ Baek, you really do have awful vision.”

“Shut up,” the older replied, punching the younger in the arm, though he knew it wouldn’t hurt him. “I’m not going to wear them if you’ll just steal them all the time,” he threatened, adding mischievously, “Anyhow, they probably look better on me.”

Chanyeol’s eyes narrowed behind the lenses before he responded with a sly grin, “Oh, trust me, they do.” With that, he removed the frames from his nose and made to put them back on Baekhyun for him.

“Chan, I swear, if you poke me at all with those…” Baekhyun grumbled in mock agitation, letting his second threat trail off as Chanyeol successfully settled the glasses back over his ears.

“You don’t give me enough credit, Baek,” the younger pouted, poking his bottom lip out as he did.

“You’re such a baby,” Baekhyun replied before placing a peck on Chanyeol’s cheek. More seriously, he added, “So you really don’t mind them?”

Chanyeol’s response was immediate and sincere. “Of course not. I like your natural eye color; it shows me more of your soul when I look into them.”

“You are so cheesy,” Baekhyun replied, grinning despite his words before he leaned up on his toes and planted a firm kiss on Chanyeol’s lips.

 


AUTHOR'S NOTE

I feel like my fluff skills are getting rusty... Oh well. Let me know what you think in the comments, and don't forget to subscribe and upvote! And tell me if there's a pairing you would especially like to see from EXO, BTS, or B.A.P.