FLASHBACK: Summer Camp

Goodbye Summer [EXO fanfic]

CHAPTER 2

            “It’s him. It’s Park Chanyeol.”

FLASHBACK: SUMMER CAMP

            I pushed my glasses up the bridge of my nose and wiped the sweat that was trickling down my chin. I redid my ponytail into a messy bun to keep my tresses off my face. We just finished canoeing and, boy, that was one grueling activity! But Hyeri was with me and it was fun riding with her and Hyojin. Good thing I didn’t sign up for rock climbing—or bungee jumping. This summer camp could be the death of me.

            The boys, on the other hand, were getting rowdy and they kept throwing each other off the canoe and into the freezing water. Not wanting to get involved, I crept up the camp cafeteria and sat at the farthest corner of the lodge.

            I noticed that the students huddled into certain groups. Near the door sat the adventurous campers sharing their escapades of the day. At the right side, the girls (the popular ones) flirted endlessly with the jocks, who enjoyed the attention just as much.

            Hyeri and Hyojin finally arrived and settled themselves at our table. We each had a plate of croissants and a thick slice of homemade pizza. Hyojin threw a disgusted look at one of the jocks who winked at her. Turning to us, she said, “This camp is great. The activities are fun. The food is superb. You know what ? The people.”

            “Naw. There are lots of nice people here,” Hyeri defended.

            “Oh yeah? No wonder lots of hormonal teenage guys flirt with almost all the girls they see. How is that ‘nice’? So immature,” she retorted.

            “F-Y-I, I could name some of my respectable friends that I’ve just made and it’s not even the last day of camp.”

            “You wouldn’t be able to call them friends once this camp is over. Not one of them would probably even remember your name,” Hyojin sneered.

            I decided to interrupt their charade before it turned into a heated argument when I saw some guys approaching our table.

            “Could you please stop bickering? My ears are already bleeding and ‘hormonal teenage guys’ are coming over at this moment.” And under my breath I added, “Probably ‘cause you’re too loud.”

            Hyeri smacked my hand. “I heard that.”

            Hyojin was fuming. “Uggh, just what I need.” She squinted to take a good look at them. “Great, it’s Luhan and his minions.” I sputtered out my apple juice and laughed at her remark.

            “You know them? They look so cool,” Hyeri mused. She practically gaped at the incoming boys.

            “That’s disgusting, Hyeri-ya.” I grabbed her arm and she snapped out of her reverie.

            “We’re in the same school. I don’t know how they did it, but those guys are popular. They make me sick,” Hyojin pointed out.

            When they reached our table, I felt a little scared. There were five of them. They were only wearing beach shorts. And they were dripping wet.  Hyojin gave them a long stare and finally broke the silence.

            “Sorry for stating the obvious, but you’re wet.” Facing us, she said, “Soo, Hyeri, these are Luhan, Kris, Chanyeol, Baekhyun, and Sehun,” she pointed at no one.

            The blonde, who I assumed was Luhan, grinned, “Me and the boys decided to have a good swim. Would you like to join us?” They high-fived and chuckled at the idea. I rolled my eyes and suggested, “Why don’t you flower boys visit that table over there? I’m sure they’re very willing to join you.” I hope they’ll get the hint and leave us alone.

            Instead of leaving, one of them, the tall, dark-haired one, a handsome one at that, stooped down to me and said, “Hey there, my name’s Chanyeol. What’s your name?” And to Hyojin he asked, “Is this your little sister? She’s so pretty. What grade is she in?”

            What a jerk! Just because I’m 5’3 doesn’t mean that he had to talk to me like I’m in kindergarten. I am especially sensitive when it comes to topics concerning my height. I raised my eyebrow and answered, “What do you take me for, a kid? I’m entering college this year, pabo. My name is ‘why-don’t-you-jerks-buzz-off’. Nice meeting you.” I gave him my nicest smile. He looked hurt and I suddenly regretted saying those to him. What if he really did think I was still in grade school?

            “I was just asking, miss grumpy. No need to take it out on me. Are you sure you guys don’t want to join us in taking a plunge? Maybe you should think again.” And with that he took my glass of apple juice and poured it all on my head.

            Hyojin suddenly shoved Chanyeol away from me and exclaimed, “Yah, Park Chanyeol! Stop it!” His friends were shocked at what he had done and they slowly tugged him and started backing away before they could create a scene, which they already did. 

            “Jung-ie, are you okay?” Hyeri was frantically wiping tissues on me. I shoved her away and stood up from our table. I needed to get away. I’m not going to cry in front of everybody. Especially in front of the guys.

            “Yah, Park Chanyeol! Apologize to—” I wasn’t able to hear Hyojin’s scolding when I stepped out of the cafeteria. I breathed deeply and trudged to the edge of the lake. Everything was red. I gripped my knuckles until they turned white.

            “Damn you Park Chanyeol. You just messed with the wrong girl.”

A/N

            Was it too short? I had to make it short, cause the first chapter was way too long. What do you think about the story so far? Any comments, suggestions, violent reactions? Feel free to comment!

            By the way, who’s watching Roommate here? I just looooove the show! I’m totally Tao-biased before but then my heart can’t help but fall in love with Chanyeollie too! EXO members are really bias wreckers!! Now I find Baekhyun y, Kyungsoo adorable, Sehun hot, and Chanyeol drop-dead gorgeous. But Tao is still my UB. He’s just too cute to be replaced as #1 in my list. Anyways, saranghae yorobeun! Keep reading this story and spread the word! Don’t forget to vote! EXO jjang!

Your author-nim’s accounts. Follow if you want:

Instagram: angelishiii

Twitter: mspauleenangeli

Tumblr: dokidokipasha