Diary entry 212

You only have one chance you know.


“Darn it! I forgot my shopping list.” That’s what I thought as I headed back to the workshop. Tomorrow would be April 19th, my boyfriend Himchan’s birthday. Because I knew how long he has been away from home I was determined to give him as Korean a birthday as I could. I researched miyeok guk recipes and had made kkakdugi kimchi a day in advance. But now I’d forgotten my list of ingredients I would still need. “what were the seasonings for galbi again?” I wondered half aloud as I turned the corner of the street.


The next thing I heard was a screech of brakes and a few well chosen curses in Filipino. A pickup with four heavy set men had nearly hit me. I cursed right back at them in a mixture of English, Filipino and Korean and picked myself up. They had hardly slowed and were well out of site before I reached the garage door. It was opened up, that meant lunch was over and the guys would be getting back to work soon.
“…..-ssi come help me!” It was the low voice of Bang YongGuk. I blinked trying to adjust to the gloom inside the workspace. After a few seconds I saw YongGuk leaning over a prostrate form. “What happened?” I exclaimed dropping my empty shopping bag and purse on the nearby workbench. “Accident” he grunted. I could see now that it was JongUp. He was unconscious and his head was bleeding. I knew this was not the time to ask needless questions so I stuck to my knowledge of nursing. “Did you move him?” I asked kneeling down beside the younger man. “Yes” YongGuk answered, “I dragged him out of sight of the door, I didn’t want to attract attention.” “For future reference, NEVER, EVER, move a person with a head or neck injury unless they are in the middle of the street with cars rushing by!” I said taking off my jacket and pullover.
“what happened here?” DaeHyun had come back from lunch. “No time to explain” I snapped “get me the first aid kit from the office”. I turned to see the Maknae of the company Zelo standing in the entrance. His eyes looked the size of dinner plates. “Zelo-ya go and fetch some warm water and a clean cup and towel. Oh and bring the soap!” “What do you want me to do?” Asked YongGuk. “Go and get a pack of ice from the freezer and while you’re in the kitchen bring the salt and a lighter.” He nodded and went. I turned back to my patient. I bent down again to check JongUp’s breathing, it was very faint but still regular. I measured is pulse, it was a little too fast. I pulled up one of his eyelids, thank goodness, the pupil contracted, that meant there was less damage then I feared. 


“Here Nunim” Zelo set down a bowl of water and a cup next to me. “Give me some soap” I directed him. Next I had him pour some of the water over my hands using the cup. It caused a puddle on the floor but no one took the least notice. Yongguk returned with the ice, salt and lighter. “Oppa, shake the salt into the water until I say stop.” I said pointing to the bowl. Using the towel soaked in the salted water I started washing away the blood from JongUp’s forehead. A gaping hole In the skin became visible, just in front of his temple. I applied the Icepack (wrapped in a second towel) to slow the bleeding, then checked the wound again. “Will he be alright?” A quiet, slightly husky voice asked from just behind me. Himchan-oppa had returned. “It’s only a superficial cut but he may have a concussion.” I said. Turning around I saw that Himchan had his jacket off and was washing his hands. He came back over and started unpacking the first aid kit. “ Disinfectant, Sterile gauze, cotton bandage, a sticking plaster.
“There that should do” I said putting the last touch on the wrappings. “Has he been conscious since it happened?” Himchan asked, clearing away the bandaging materials. “Not since I got here. Are there smelling salts in the kit?” “I didn’t see any.” I picked up the scissors that I had used for the bandage and grabbed the end of my long ponytail. “Noona what…?” yelped DaeHyun as I cut off a chunk of hair. “YongGuk oppa, do you have that lighter? Good now can you two help him up into more of a seated position?” I asked. I lit the hair and held it near JongUp’s nose while Zelo and Himchan propped him up. He sneezed and blinked, then looks around dazedly. “Why am I on the floor?” He asked, he tried to shake his head to clear it and let out a low groan. “Just take it easy, you hurt your head but you’ll be ok hyung.” Said Zelo. They helped JongUp to a chair and I went to the kitchen to get him a cup of tea.


----Later---


“Luckily JongUp wasn’t hurt too badly.” I thought as I came out of the kitchen to call the guys to come to dinner. I was about to open my mouth when I saw them all sitting around YongGuk. Zelo handed him something that must have been a flashdrive because he connected it to the laptop in front of him. Curious I came closer and looked over DaeHyun’s shoulder. What I saw made me let out a gasp.
A video switched on and a man with a black scarf around his face walked back to a chair with someone sitting on it. It was YoungJae.


……………………..

 

 

Well that was my first Chapter... Please comment what you thought of it (note that this is my first fanfic so please don't be too harsh)!!

Saranghamnida!!