RAP MONSTER: Coffee and Red Converse

Almost but NOT QUITE: Miss Right

"Coffee is best enjoyed when savored. If you become impatient with it, coffee can burn you instead. 

The redness on your skin will vanish but the stinging pain will remain for quite sometime."

"Sometimes its not the shoes you're wearing that matters, it is how well it fits your feet."

It was already your third cup of hot caramel macchiato and you knew you'd be having your fourth soon when you stood up to join the line in front of your table near the counter. A tall guy with his platinum blonde hair stood before you. He busy with his phone and you were distracted, distracted by the fact that he was creating the most noise in the coffee shop that night. He was talking to someone, or to some people over the phone. Their conversation was loud and you were close to him, it didn't help that you were just an inch or two smaller than him or that the your prior caffeine intake heightened your sense. You can't really pick. There were voices of different men, one, two ... Three or four? There were voices of different boys all talking at the same time, you were lost. You heard laughter, demands, whines and even screams but the guy who's back is facing you just replied nothing but a sigh and a small nod while he hung his head low. The guys on the phone kept talking but he just kept silent and it was obvious that he was not interested in the conversation anymore.

 

 He ended the call and turned to face the barrista. His armsbumped into yours but he didn't notice. The simple skinship, his arm lightly rubbing into yours made your heart skip as he went one to order for 9 men. He let out his mental note to order two more coffees for their managers too. Once he was done, he thanked the barrista and you saw his deep dimples for the first time. He smiled for the first time. He smiled right? You kept on asking yourself when you finally realized that his gaze met with yours and he was now actually smiling at your direction. That's right, he was smiling at you.

 

''Is something wrong?'' You heard him say as your face unconsciously turned into a darker shade of crimson. ''Eh?'' he heard you say so he just softly chuckled and repeated his question ''I said, is something wrong? Possibly with my face? Or like have we met before?'' He asked you in a slower pace. You blamed your books for slowing your brain or basically your senses down. You were just relying on your coffee to keep you awake and his presence is not helping. Everything was in slow motion and your vision was zoomed in, zoomed in to his face. In that moment all you could see was him, your perception was clouded by him. He woke your senses up and clogged it with his being.

 

Two big hands secured each of your shoulders and turned you to face the counter. He eyed you from head to toe. You mentally stomped on the floor and pulled your hair. You didn't saw him he nod and smiled approvingly while he looked at you in your body hugging white v-neck tee paired with your torn skinny sapphire blue jeans finished with your favorite red converse which boasted your prominent s-line. You had your hair up into a messy bun, exposing your milky white skin and obvious collarbone.

 

''Order already.'' You heard him whisper as you faced the barista whose face blatantly showing signs of impatience. You heard his sultry voice again and you felt as if he was coyly giving you a command. You knees were already shaking weakly but you knew you have to keep standing up. You are determined, you're not going down like this, and you’re not going home without his name and number.

 

''Hot caramel macchiato.'' You were able to say. ''Venti'' you added. The barista offered you bread but you just shook your head and she asked for your name. ''____'' the stranger heard you say. You saw his figure leaning on the counter as he patiently waited for his order. You finished your transaction and went back to your seat.

 

You decided to go back to studying and wore your black plastic rimmed wide glasses. Thoughts about him still bothered you and you hated it. Your scratched your head and pulled your hair several times again and again only to fix it again into that messy bun.

 

''____'' You heard someone call in a familiar voice. You looked up and just mumbled a groggy ''huh?''. You swept your books to the side and stood up from your sit causing the person to pill the hot beverage he was holding into your direction.

 

''Ouch! ****'' You mumbled under your breathe but he heard you. The pain brought by the hot coffee woke up back to reality, it lightly burnt your skin, leaving a red mark on it and stained your shirt. You just sighed and looked up again.

''I'm sorry.'' You heard him say. His face was not like before. The smiles were replaced with worry. He didn't dare touch you but his eyes got fixed on your crimson arm.

 

''I'm alright.'' You just said with a smile and started fixing your things. You were panicking, anxious and embarrassed. You just showed how clumsy you are in front of this cute guy. You just wanted to go home, escape this reality and erase this memory.

 

''I was just about to hand you your coffee. They called you a few times but you were not responding so I thought of handing it to you.'' You heard him say. After shoving everything in your bag and wiping your arm with a tissue you turned to face him, showing him your sweet smile for the first time. ‘‘It’s okay.'' You chuckled. ''I'm okay, its just a little burn. That's all.'' You said and bowed to him.

 

''See you again.'' He said as you turned to leave. You just retorted with a bow and tried your best to cover the dismay that was slowly showing in your face. He could have asked you for your number right? He already got your name; all he needs now is your number. He returned your smile and gave you a little smile.

 

You made your way to the door when the skies above read your mood. The rain started getting strong again, it was already raining even before you met him but since you were studying, you were too distracted to notice it.

 

''Want to share my umbrella? I can't really use it since my hands are full.'' You heard the same voice again. You turned to see him standing behind you.

 

''uhmm.. Okay.'' those were the only things that dryly came out from you. The guard handed you the umbrella that corresponded with his number.

 

With that, the two of you stood under the same umbrella and walked towards the bus stop where a sea of people squeezed the two of you together. The smell of damp streets, the sweat of other people and the smell of coffee distracted you from the sight of this beautiful person with you. He folded the umbrella, handed it to you as well as the coffee he just bought.

 

He ran into the pouring rain and hailed a cab before he went back to you. ''Let's go home?'' you heard him say. You looked up to him and smiled before giving him a small nod. He removed the snap back that was hooked on his pants and placed it on your head before he took one of the coffee trays as well as the umbrella then held it for you. He guided you to back seat of the cab, before he entered and sat beside you.

 

The whole cab ride was quiet, your eyes was fixed on the street outside but your mind was already wandering into different places. So many thoughts were floating on your mind and he didn't want to bother you, thinking that you were still upset with him.

 

''Big Hit ...'' was what you read when you realized has stopped for the first time.

 

''That's right.'' he said. ''Wait for me here. I won't be long.'' he told you and the cab driver. He took one of the coffee and handed it to you.

 

''I'll be back.'' He said with a smile showing off his deep dimples again. He ran through the pouring rain and into the building to deliver the coffee. He performed the punishment to him for losing the game with groupmates. With that, he excused himself from them and went back to you.

 

''Did you wait long? I'm sorry about that.'' He said and smiled apologetically again. You shook your head and he patted it.

 

''Drink up!'' he said and placed the cup in front of your face.

Just like before the cab ride became quiet again. The cab stopped again in front of an apartment building. He paid the cab driver and held the umbrella for you. The two of you went in to one of apartments before you snapped back to your reality that it is not your place.

 

''Welcome to my place.'' You heard him say as big boxes welcomed you. The place was clean and huge boxes were every where.

 

He went to one of the open boxes and took one of his white tees as well as a pair of slippers before pulling you in after you removed your shoes. He handed the things to you before he helped you with your bag and took the fresh towel from his bed.

 

''Clean yourself before going home.'' you heard him say before he gently dragged you to the bathroom and closed the door.

 

Just like what he said, you cleaned your self. You took your time and enjoyed the warm water touching your skin. You looked at the burnt area of your skin and realized that the redness is gone but it still felt sore. You didn't realize how much it hurt until he was gone.

 

After taking a bath, you wore the clothes that he gave you. You looked at your jeans and saw how soaked its hems were. You noticed the scissors that was laying around his almost empty bathroom and used it to crop your jeans into shorts.

 

You went out of the bathroom and saw him changed into a male tank top and comfortable jersey shorts. He smiled at you and you noticed the medicine kit on his lap. You sat beside him and he carefully started taking care of you. You two started talking to each other, you found out that him buying those coffee was just a punishment and he learned that you were studying for an exam. You two felt close for that short moment.

 

''Thank you for taking care of me, I'm going home.'' You said as you wore his slippers and carried your bag to the door.

 

''___ call me Namjoon.'' You heard him say before hearing big steps coming from behind as he wrapped his arms around you.

 

''____'' he repeated your name gently this time, with his strong muscular arms now around you and his face buried into the wetness of your hair. His thick lips touched the softness of your nape.

 

''Will you stay for tonight?'' He whispered against your skin as his grip tightened around your body and then the wrong things that night suddenly felt right. You knew what was about to happen next and you didn't object it. You just felt that things naturally fell into their proper places.

 

The two of you had , sharing the night passionately and fell asleep into each other's arms. The next morning when you woke up you realized that he was not around. Your clothes were neatly folded on top of the table beside his bed where a box of food, obviously from a convenience store can be found.

 

''I left early. I have practice. I'm sorry I couldn't wait for you. Eat the breakfast I made /he scratched it but it was obvious that he wrote it first/ bought you. It was still hot when I bought it but its probably cold now that you're reading this. Have a safe trip home or to school. Ace that exam! I know you can do it. And by the way, you looked cute with your messy hair and glasses... I like it.'' you read his letter.

 

After finishing your food and fixing yourself, you then left for school. You had his snap back which says ''Rap Monster'', and wore his slipper to school because your red converse were still wet. Just like he said, you aced your exam. Your thoughts before and after the exam were all about him. You were excited to meet him again but you were not able to get his number or any other means of contact except knowing his address. You excitedly went back to his place immediately after your test and knocked on his door when one of his neighbors who came from shopping saw you knocking on his door.

 

''He moved out earlier today.'' The old lady told you.

 

''He moved out? Do you know where he could possibly gone to?'' The old lady just apologized and shook her head. She only encountered Namjoon for a few times as he was busy with his training and school. He writes songs during his free time from training and underground gigs.

 

You just bowed to the old lady as she entered her unit. You rested your back against the door and sat on the floor waiting for him till the day turned again into the night. You patiently waited for him but he didn't come back.

 

''And I almost fell in love with you Namjoon...'' You just said as you looked up into the sky.

 

A few years later, while you were hanging out with your boy friend in your apartment the two of you decided to watch TV. While waiting for the scheduled movie replay to come on, he switched the channel on a music program. You froze in your seat when you noticed and saw a familiar face on the screen, wearing a replica of the cap that you were still keeping.

 

''Look bae! He's wearing the same cap as your favorite snap back! I didn't know that Rap Monster was a statement or a brand?!.'' you heard your boyfriend say but you ignored him.

 

 

 

 

For those who wanted a happy ending:

 

''So what’s your ideal type?'' You heard the MC ask BTS.

 

''Let's start with our leader!!!'' Jimin cheered and Rap Monster just glared at him as he took the microphone.

 

''I've always described my Miss Right as someone who looks good in White T-shirt, jeans and red converse.'' Rap Monster answered and smiled in front of the camera.

 

''Oh, you're so specific huh?'' the female MC questioned him.

 

''This friend kept a girl's red converse at home. Up to now he still has that red converse with him. He's taking care of that pair of shoes but he wouldn't let us know who the lucky owner of those shoes is.

 

''He had it the day before we moved into our new dorm.'' J-hope added into the playful banter. Rap Monster just smiled and scratched the back of his neck before talking again.

 

''If your red converse is missing then come to our fan sign and get it from me.'' He said coyly as he looked at the camera and it zoomed on him.