Ten

Her past; his future.
Hyun joong felt like bashing his head against the wall. How could he have been so careless as to sleep with Chae young; his boss? Damn you Tiffany, he cursed lightly but he knew it wasn't entirely Tiffany's fault. Tiffany had said to kiss Chae young, not to sleep with her.

He got off her awkwardly, quickly donning his underwear and jeans. "I will be right back," he muttered before running off to the bathroom. Once inside he slammed the door and leaned against it. What is he to do about this situation? He just slept with her on his couch; his sofa; his turf and he hadn't used a ! What if she gets pregnant?

He went to the tap and washed his face. He really shouldn't dwell on regrets although he isn't feeling remorseful for what he did, the best thing would be to make sure this doesn't ruin their relationship. He would quickly rectify the situation and make it easier for them both.

He walked back to the sitting room and found her dressed and seated on the couch, eyes glued to the floor as she clutched and unclutched her hands.

He flopped down beside her, his arm behind her head. "I don't think I will date Tiffany anymore." He remarked.

Chae young whipped her head to stare at him. "You wouldn't dare. Why would you want to do that?" She asked, her embarrassment forgotten; and that was Hyun joong's intent.

Hyun joong shrugged. "Tiffany has always been too jealous. I need a break from her everyday's nagging."

Chae young shook her head, "You are really incorrigible. Knowing Tiffany she would come look for you."

"I know but I know how to handle her." He gave her a sunny smile. "Are you hungry? Should I prepare something or should we go to a deli?"

Chae young stared at him for what seems like an eternity. "Why are you doing this?"

Hyun joong frowned. "Doing what? I cook for you when I can and mind you, you were the only one I cook for besides myself and I do take you out all the times."

Chae young looked away briefly, her cheeks flooded with heat. "I wasn't talking about that. How can you behave as if we weren't tangled on the couch few minutes ago?"

Hyun joong laughed before clasping a hand over his mouth when she gave him a death glare. "You made it sound funny. Tangled? I thought people got tangled in sheets not on the couch." He broke off on a muffled curse when she cuffed his head. "Do you want to kill me?" He grumbled as he rubbed his head.

"Do you want to die? How can you take this as a joke? I haven't been with a guy in five years and now I slept with you and you are taking this as if it is the usual."

Hyun joong heard the hurt in her voice and felt like a first class jerk. "Mianhe Chae young. I knew it was all my fault. I shouldn't have asked you to agree to a kiss but I can't undo what just happened and I don't want to." He took her hands in his. "I don't want this to make things awkward between us. I have seen you before anyway," he said with a sly smile. "We have always been friends Chae young, let's not make this to destroy that bond. Do you understand?"

Chae young nodded. "You don't regret this?" She asked feebly.

Hyun joong shook his head. "I don't. I don't regret anything about you Chae young. And...you are far from being inexperienced. Your skills are terrific." He murmured with a wink while earning himself a jab in the ribs. "Ouch."

"Shut up Hyun joong. You know what? I think I need that food."

Hyun Joong stood up. "Anything for you Chae young." He winked at her before walking off to the kitchen.

Chae young felt like ahuge load have been taken off her. At least she wouldn't feel awkward around him, that is all that matters.