♡Chapter♡

Its What Binds Us

Life at the Lee household was never easy. Having parents who owned Lee enterprises has never helped Lee Yejin fit in. She was always the odd child, she could never fit in.. anywhere. The only person who understood her was her mother. Her father saw her as too childish. Her brother, Taemin, saw her as too childish.

 

Yejin's life fell apart the day her mother died. She thought her life was done for. And for awhile she blamed her mother's death on her younger brother, Hyunsoo, She thought it was his fault her mother died since her mother died 2yrs after Hyunsoo's birth. Her mother had been very sickly and it was a matter of time till her time ended, it was a wonder how she made it for 2 yrs. They knew her mother was going to die. But no one told her.

 

But soon Yejin learned to hate a young child for something they never wanted to even happen. Of course Hyunsoo was also scarred, he was only 3 and his father always jumped towards any chance to scold the poor child.

 

"Yah! Lee Yejin it's dinner time! Come eat with your family!" Yejin heard her stepmother yell.

 

Yejin shook her head. This woman tried so hard to win Yejin's affection. Sure she was nice, but Yejin would never see her as her mother. That spot was already taken.

 

Yejin only headed downstairs so Hyunsoo would not feel isolated at dinner. Yejin wondered how could people be so cruel to a child. She shivered at the thought that she once treated this child the same way they had, she was no better than them.

 

As she took her seat at the table she felt all eyes on her. Dinner was awkward as always. 

 

"Noona, how was your day?" Hyunsoo asks while smiling at her. His mouth was stuffed with food and he looked adorable.

 


"You don't talk while eating at the same time," Father scolds. As usual any chance he gets and he screams at the poor kid."If you can't even listen to my simple rules while your a kid, I only hope it won't be this way when you grow up," He grunts in annoyance.

 

Yejin was about to open to defend Hyunsoo, but the stepmother beat her to it. 

 

"Woohyuk, he's just a child!" The stepmother said.

 

"No, dad has a point he should grow up," Taemin says coldly. 

 


Hyunsoo had tears in his eyes. It broke Yejin's heart to see her brother cry.

 

Yejin stood up. "Shut up Taemin! You're such a jerk." 

 

He was about to reply. But dad beat him to the chase.

 

"Sit down Yejin, this doesn't concern you," Father said. 

 


"No! I'm sick and tired of how you treat Hyunsoo! He's only a child! How could you treat an innocent child like this! You sicken me! Even worse he's your son!" Yejin was infuriated.

 


He smirked "This is exactly where your mother went wrong with you. It's simple my house my rules, you can go." 

 


"I would be glad to leave this hellhole," Yejin says with a little smile on her face. 

 

As she was about to take Hyunsoo. Her father said aomething. "I said you can go, not Hyunsoo." 

 

Yejin stares at him in disbelief.

 


"Honey, she's just a child you don't mean it do you? Yejin, he doesn't mean it sit down so we can eat as a family." 

 

"No! I mean it, get out of my house!" He growled.

 


Hyunsoo was frightened he didn't know what was going on. He could barely understand what was going on. 

 

"Appa, please," He whispered.

 


Everyone turned to look at the 5yr old the little boy was clinging onto his fathers leg. 

 

Woohyuk felt his heart break for a moment. Hyunsoo resembled his mother so much. He was an exact replica. 

 

"Hyunsoo..." Woohyuk was at a loss of words. 

 


"Just go to your room! And don't come back out! Your grounded!" Woohyuk immediately said, regaining his composure.

 

"I'm sick of your rules! I don't care anymore!" Yejin was in full sobs mode right now."You hate me and I know it! Mom was the only thing holding you back!" 

 


Everyone was silent when they heard the front door slam shut.

 


"Father," Taemin said, "I can go get her."

 


"No leave her, she'll come back." The stepmother, Gyuri, was gobsmacked, this family was so complicated.


~~~


Life always treated Minji right. She had the perfect grades and the perfect life. She was the class valedictorian. And she had the perfect boyfriend.If Minji had the perfect life, why didn't she feel like it? Was it the fact that Minji ex-best friend and her were done? Was it the fact that she was dating her ex-best friend's brother? 

 

Minji needed fresh air, so she headed out for a walk. She had a lot on her mind lately. Her parents were so focused on her future and her grades. Did they ever care to ask if their daughter wanted what they planned for her. Also they had specifically told her to not date until she had come of age. in other words until she was done with medical school in America.


But Minji couldn't bring herself to breakup with Taemin, he meant too much to her. When she was stressing he was there to make her laugh when she wanted to cry. He was her beat friend. When he had family problems Minji would be there to listen to his problems, and he would be there to listen to hers.

 

Minji had taken a seat on a nearby bench. she had heard sobbing. Who would be at the park at this time? itwas seven and many family's would be having dinner. Minji got out of it by saying she was studying, and of course her parents were very pleased with that. 

 

"Are you okay?" Minji asked the stranger. Minji looked down to look at the face.

 

She recognized that face instantly. it was the face that resembled Taemin perfectly. it was his younger sister, Yejin. 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Hey guys I'm here with chapter 1 I hope you guys in Enjoy lots and Don't forget to subscribe and comment! Your opinions of what I'm doing right and wrong help me a lot!!!