Chapter 1

Only One Shot

The apartment you lived in was quiet, for you that lived alone. You sigh of boredom, your fingers tapping along music that was quietly playing. Your head rolls to the other side and then your eyes lay on a photograph, neatly placed in a frame. The image had you and your parents, smiling brightly. You remember that it was your family's trip to an amusement park. Looking at that photo always made your heart break and shatter because you don't remember the slightest feeling of happiness anymore. It always replayed scenes of you laughing and giggling. 

You wiped the tears that were starting to fall, and then you left your room. The small apartment you lived in was neatly put. Every little object was always exactly where you placed it. The walls were painted a pale blue, making you feel like you were in a hospital. Your tiny couch was black leather, contrasting the light colors in your home.

The only thing that could make you feel not alone was the very sound your stomach growling as you walk through the hallways. Reaching up into the pantry, you take out an instant noodle package, and then quickly assembled the boiler.

While you were stirring your noodles, you heard several knocks on your door. Looking confused because not expecting company, you slowly amble close to the front.

"Who is it?" You ask. 
"Miss ____?" A hoarse voice said. 
Your eyebrows furrow together, still confused. 
"Yes what is it?" You ask once again.  
"Umm Miss _____, this is about your 'passed' parents. I think it would be wise if you open the door and talk to me face to face." 
Your eyes flicker and you laid your fragile hand over your mouth, hearing that it was about your parents. Your hands tremble immediately over the handle and then you cracked open the door with tears welling in your eyes.
"Yes, what about my parents?" You asked, trembling inside. But then you noticed that it was a group of men, not one man. 
"May we come in please?" He asks. You heard his voice and figured that the man had a Russian accent. 

'A foreigner?' You thought to yourself.

"Uh-er sure." You say, and made the door open wider for them to make way. 

The man smiles gently and then made his way. But as soon as he steps in, two of his men behind him quickly grabs you and covers your mouth. They push you backwards, slightly making you bend to loose your balance. You squirm and kicked and clawed at the men's arms but before you knew it, your vision went black, as they banged your head roughly against the wall. 

Your eyesight was blurry. Murmuring and groaning, you shook as you come back to your senses. Your hand tries to ease the discomfort on the back of your head.

You wince from a sudden pain from your leg, but you shrug it off. But as you tried to get up, you notice a new scar, red and bloody. You could finally smell the bloody stench, and your wrinkle your nose in disgust.The gage was huge and then pain came to. Heavier than before, the pain became worse. You wimper and limp towards your drawer, and aided your scar.

Your hands placed themselves on your forehead, trying to figure out what happened. But everything in your mind was blank. You look around, trying to see if anything could help you recite, but everything was nicely put in your house, just like always. Nothing new. Only thing that was different was your scar. 

'I probably tripped, and hit my head' 
Then you looked at the coffee table and saw the sharp corner. 
'Aha. So that's what happened. I tripped and fell, making the table scratching my leg open, and then I hit the ground too hard, and passed out.' You thought to yourself. 
But it still didn't make any sense. You shook your head once more.

Then there was a knock on the door. Your head swifts and looks towards that direction, somehow having a deja vu feeling.
When you opened the door, you didn't see anyone in sight except a enevelope on the floor. 
Your fingers rips through the envelope, revealing what's inside. 

"Get to the party and you'll find out what happened to that pretty leg of yours." -BYG

"BYG?" You muttered. You still couldn't remember anything. You then shiver from the realization that someone was here. 

You look back at the card and the time was read at 4 p.m. 
Anger wells up inside and you set out for the party, wanting to find out for what reason someone would come and hurt you. 

"Wow. What an easy target boss." 
"I know. She's dumb enough to get herself killed." 

 

Loud music rings in your ears, and sweat forms due to all of the body heat around you. You could feel every beat hammer against your heart and adrenaline echoing throughout your body. 
The land you were standing on was swaying, not only due to your alcohol, but because you were on a boat-- a yacht actually. You could hear giggles from every inch of the party, and splashes from the water rippling underneath. 
Couples making out in the couch, disco ball rolling, and idiots getting full on drunk. 
You didn't dare try to go dance, it'll only make you feel even more claustrophobic. The little black dress you were wearing squeezed around your body, somehow making you imaginate you were a sausage. 

The yacht soon came to a stop against a harbor and everything was once again, still. You close your eyes in ease, knowing that the yacht has stopped moving. You decided to have a seat at a bar counter. One finger swirls around the circular tip of your wine glass, ironic how you were in a club filled boat and yet boredom still invades you. 
You sigh and then you brought the glass close to your mouth until a hand comes and snatches the glass away, connecting to someone else's lips. 
"That was my drink!" you pouted as your hand lifting up, halfway died to take it back. 
"I'll buy you a new one." A deep voice said.
"Thanks, but no thanks." You said, grasping back your glass. 
"Ouch." The man chuckles sarcastically. 

You examine the figure and came to a conclusion that the man was wearing a sleek, black tux, with a wide smile spread acrossed his face. Your eyes travel down and then you saw his name tag glistening and clipped onto his front pocket. 
Your eyes widen and a tiny gasp escapes from you because of the familiar name you read from the invitation card.

"B-bang Y-Yongguk?" 
"Wow. It's the middle of the party and you still don't know the host?" 
And then you realize that his name matched perfectly with the initials. You had to get out, you didn't know anything but it could probably be a trap. 
"Actually I know the host's name. I just didn't know what the host would look like, I pictured him better." You said, tapping your fingers on the counter.  
"Hmm well usually parties like these have handsome men like me" he snorts. 
"Well I'm not much the party person then." you say, and then motion your hand to wave at the bartender to come closer. 
"Yes miss?" The clerk asks.
"Can I have one more glass of wine please?" 
"Make that two actually" Yongguk adds, making you eye him with a pesky frown. 
"Yes boss." The bartender says, and then walks away to make your drinks. 
"See, even he knows who I am" 
"Well I don't work here." 
"You can work for me," he winks, and then his arm slides around your shoulders. 
"I'd rather not." You note, roughly slapping away his arm. 
Then the bartender arrives with your drinks. 
"Forget it." Waving your hand in the air, and then guided yourself out of the way.

Yongguk sighs and then takes a sip from the new glass of wine. 

"You sure know how to work with woman Yongguk" The bartender laughs. Yongguk looks at the clerk with a glare, and then returned his eyes to you walking away.

"...Do you know what they're up to?" The bartender adds, more sternly than before, making his eyebrows furrow together. 
Yongguk returns his gaze back to the bartender, setting down his drink. He his lips and waited for a moment. 

"Himchan, tell Zelo to order his group to face towards the windows. That way if we get attacked, we can easily jump. Also tell Jongup to command his group to look for what else is here. Get your team with Daehyun's and look for my signal after Youngjae puts our targets on lockdown"
 

"Got it." Himchan replies and then strips off his bartender costume. 

Yongguk got out of his seat, examing the room. Then he found his target. 
Von Rainor. Drug and gang lord. Ranked number 14 on gang lord's list of this century. Von was a foreigner. Russian with tanned skin. Killed his own teammates to obtain the gang lord role, which made him the perfect suspect. 'sick' Yonnguk thought. Rainor had a salt and black pepper colored beard. The tux he was wearing was a dark shade of purple with black stripes. 
Eyeing the suspect surrounded by girls, Yongguk sets himself down to a seat facing towards Von, taking a glass offered from one of the many woman. 
One woman eyes Yongguk and smirks, laying her hands over his chest, rubbing his shoulders. 
Yongguk, playing along, smirks back.

"Ahh Yongguk, so that's your name. What a nice party you have here." Von mentions, after looking at Yonggguk's name tag. 
"No please, this was nothing. I'm glad you're having a joyful time." Yongguk says, waving his hands in denial. 
The wave was also a sign for Himchan to wait his turn. HImchan sees the signal and raises a hand to signify his teammates to hold their fire. 

"Ah no, how could I? Fantastic party!   I have to compliment!" 
"Ah well, then it was my pleasure." Yongguk smiles, and then interlaces his owns fingers together. 
"How's business going for you? I can tell you've done very well."
"Yes actually, it's been quite excellent."
"Your team?" He asks. 
"Out having some fun." Yongguk answers, sipping the amber-colored liquid from his cup. 
"Ahh that's good to know. Good thing you're giving your team some fun time. When I was you, all we did was work my boy." Von says, wheezing as he laughs. 
"Anyways Yongguk, I have a question my new good friend...umm, well...How's your boss?" He adds, pouring another drink in his cup. 
Yongguk stares at Von with death glinting in his eyes. 
"What?" Yongguk mutters sternly. 
Von lifts up his posture and stares right back, pretending to look dumbfounded.  
"I asked, 'How is your boss?' " He whispers, a smile slowly curling up his face. 
"You ." Yongguk says and then quickly shuffles and then pulls a gun and aims it towards Von. 
Everyone paincs and screams from the sight of the pistol.

" EVERYONE DOWN AND HANDS UP OR YOUR ING HEAD WILL BE BLOWN OFF!" Daehyun commanded, pointing his gun towards random people.

Von slowly brought his hands in the air, chuckling inside. 
"You ! I knew it was you!" Yongguk spits.
"Oh really? Why haven't you gotten me sooner then?" Von says, an eye brow curling up in curiosity. 
" off, there's more then one suspect." Yongguk says, and took sight with his gun." You think it was this easy? Think again Yongguk."

Yongguk lifts one hand and that was the signal for Himchan. Without anyone knowing, several people working under Von were shot in the head. "Woo-HOO!" Himchan screams and jumps with excitement.The yacht was filled with chaos from everyone's screams. 

You came back into the room and heard screams everywhere. People run past and push over you after the sound of gunshots. You stumble through everyone, until you trip and fall upon something that felt sturdy. You lift yourself up and then realize that you were ontop a dead man. You let out a frightened scream and scramble away when you saw a hole driven through the man's head. Then you saw the several other men on the ground, dropped dead with the same shot. You panic and tremble in fear. A crinkly paper looked similar and you crawled towards it and slip it out of the man's tux. You found that the picture had you plastered on it. Your eyes widen in fear and you almost gagged from the brain fluids flowing out of the corpses' heads. Your hand covered your mouth to stop your gag reflex and you ran with the rest of people outside, holding tightly onto the picture. But that's when the scar of your leg starts to ache. You wince from the pain but you ran as far as you could anyways. 

Just when Yongguk was about to pull the trigger, a leg came and kicks the gun out of his hands. He looks at the young woman who was once massaging him, and she comes and screeches at Yongguk. 
Yongguk was too late to prepare himself from her attack, and then several rough kicks were blown to his sides. Within a short second, he grabs her arms and punches her out of the way. 
She low kicks and trips Yongguk just when he was going to grab the gun. 
"!" He yells, frustrated. 
They both scrabble onto their feets, facing each other. 
Yongguk sees Von taking his chance to escape. '' He hisses and then glares daggers at the girl. And then he notices her fighting structure. 
'She's in kicking major' he analyzes. 

She comes at him first with a fake punch, that Yongguk quickly dodges, and then a kick to the side of his ribs. He flinches in pain and leans to the side. She comes again, but that was his chance to grasp her leg and jam it with his elbow. She yelps, but then she flips her other leg and connects it to Yongguk's face. 
Yongguk stumbles but doesn't fall, then he tightens his grip around her leg. He takes this chance to lift her up and drive her roughly against the wall. She jabs her elbows on his back, but Yongguk raises a fist and then repeatedly punches her. Her legs wraps around Yongguk's waist and she bends backwards, using all her strength, she throws Yongguk off. She looks around and grabs one of the metal stools and then breaks it ontop of Yongguk's back. He shrieks in the sudden pain, his arms hover over his ribs, protecting them from the low jabs she gives him. 
She throws a few more kicks, and Yongguk quickly dodges it all. A combat knife flips from her hand and she takes several missed jabs at Yongguk. He hits every arm movement she makes with the knife, and then finally knocks it out of her grasp. He drives forward again, gripping one of her legs. and then jabs it with his elbow once again, eventually breaking her knee. She screams in torment, and cries onto the floor, grasping her knee. 
When Yongguk came to, he seizes her by the shoulders and s his knee into her ribs. He then takes her head, and shot his knee up her chin. 
Blood spewing from each mouths, she rolls on the floor, her hands trembling over her dislocated knee. Her screams were silent, painful cries that wheezed for air.

Yongguk's pants and then dawdles towards the gun. He picks it up and then points the tip of the gun on her head. 
He kneels, still holding the gun and asks, "Who the are you? Do you work with him?" 
"...off" she said, gasping for more air. 
Yongguk lands his knee on her shoulder, securing her down, and then makes a hand squeeze her injured knee. 
"Answer the ing question." He commands, making the tip of the pistol dig deeper on her skull. 
She cries in torment and then quickly whispers.
"A-agent of element l-lieutenants. Under R-rainor's c-commandments." 

Yongguk sighs. 'Just a gang member' he thought, and then slowly loosens his grip on her.

"Hyung! Rainor got away." Zelo said. 
Then he sees Yongguk and the girl. 
"Oh sorry. I-I thought we were on a m-mission." Zelo coughs.
"We are, you idiot" Yongguk says as he got up and flicks Zelo's forehead. 
"Hold her down." Yongguk instructs. Zelo quickly does as he says, rubbing his forehead from the hard flick. 
Zelo was more kinder than Yongguk though, holding her down with precise force. 
All four of the others comes and runs in. 
"Status?" Yongguk asks, wiping off the string of blood from his lips.
"I got my team after Rainor. But still, no sight of him or the others. " Himchan informs.

"And whose this?" Daehyun asks, nodding his head towards the girl.  
"Little distractor. Gang member, lower level. Looks like a kicking major. That's all I got when I asked her." Yongguk answers.

". We failed this ." Daehyun says and punches the wall, making little parts of it fall.
"Not quite. I've set a tracker down on him. I took a shot at his ankle, he shouldn't really be running so fast by now, unless he brings a tourniquet with him at all times. " Youngjae adds. 
"You never know, he's got his high quality team with him here. And we've only killed 18 of them. There's a high chance one of his medical majors could've brought it along with them." Himchan mentions.
" we're screwed. We should've taken him when we had our chance. Out of all the others, we knew something was up with Rainor." Daehyun says as he face palms himself. 
"Gu-" Jongup tries to speak.
"Well it then. We're going to have to report this to the boss." Yongguk sneers, flipping open his phone.
"G-" 
"Man. The boss is gonna give us some serious ing punishment.We literally had him around our finger!" 
"GUYS." Jongup finally yells. 
Everyone's attention turns to Jongup and they see him pointing at the girl.
"We could use her." He indicates at the young woman Zelo was holding.

"Didn't you say she was a under commander? Gang member. Kicking major, like you said, based on her leg muscles. And seeing at how fast everyone on Rainor's team escaped, most are probably kicking majors, and therefore his elements too. We've killed 18. If we stick to statistics of their bodies we can come quickly to realize what they major in. Therefore we can prepare for our next attack, which leads to her." Jongup nods his head towards the girl once again. Everyone looks at Jongup with amazement, wondering how he came up with all of that, but Jongup ignores their looks and speaks up again. 
"We can use her for location matters or even try to..." 
"Try to what?" Yongguk hisses. 
Jongup takes a deep breath and starts to speak again, exchanging eye contact with Yongguk.
"Try to...negotiate." He suggests.
"No! You're crazy! We're not negotiating." Daehyun jumps in. 
"No. Not negotiating, how about acceptance? She has skills. And she looks about 17. Still young considered as a young woman. We already know half of Rainor's gang; brainwashed. We could give her mental and physical training, therefore, aids her and us at both times." Youngjae notes with his arms crossed.
Everyone was in silence of the suggestion. 
"Fine. Let's go with that. But if she doesn't agree with our terms. Someone's going to have to put her to sleep." Yongguk states.

Zelo lifts up the girl. Her body limps dead asleep, covered in bruises and blood due from Yongguk. 
'Thats what she gets from picking on hyung. Idiot.' Zelo snorts to himself.  
"Is it her muscles or her damn weight?" Zelo asks, as he puts her arm around his shoulders. 
"Who cares just hurry up to the van." Youngjae says and indicates his fingers towards outside and walks off. 
"Daehyun and I are gonna take pictures of the place real quick. So sorry that I can't help you!" Youngjae mentions. 
"Yea, you too!" Zelo yells back.
Youngjae walks backwards while laughing at Zelo's struggle, and then finally left. 
The girl starts to stir and then stumbles and lands on Zelo's chest. Her weight fully depending on his body. He ignores her weight and started to move until he loses his balance and he waddles with every step.
"!" Zelo squirms and then finally falls.
His face starts to flush and becomes flustered when he sees the girl's body right on top of him. Steam seemed like it was coming out of his head like a train, and his blood boils in embarassment. 
"Dammit! Yah! Wake up!" Zelo shyly stirs, shaking her, unable to awaken her.  
But then he remembers the bruises and thought that she could really be injured. He stops his complaining and chews on his bottom lip.  
'Dammit. Where's Xora when we need her.' He sneers. 
And then he gently picks her up, supporting her by her shoulders first. He stands and instead of holding on to her, he picks up her entire body.
He leads them both outside, her cheek crouched underneath the crook of his neck, breathing slowly. Zelo steals a glance at her and smiles to himself, realizing that she's not so evil in her sleep.

"WHOAH! Not that your fooling around, you're fooling around woman too?~" Daehyun sings, watching Zelo drop her on the back seat. 
"Shut it hyung." Zelo says lowly.
Youngjae and Daehyun both snicker and continue to look around for clues. 
"Jello, can you hand me that bigger lens please. And check the laptop to see if the tracker has moved." Zelo does what Youngjae asks and he keeps his eyes on the tracking system, checking to see when the tracker would pop up. He grabs a ball and plays with it, throwing it up and catching it when it falls. A sly beam forms on Zelo's face and he catches the ball once again. He holds the ball up and aims it at Daehyun. With all force, Zelo threw the ball, and when he did, the ball connected to Daehyun's head. 
Daehyun stumbles from the hit and falls to the ground. 
"YAH! YOU'RE DEAD ! GET OVER HERE!" Daehyun screams, rubbing his head while running towards Zelo. 
"AHA! Sorry hyung! I guess you were fooling around too haha!" Zelo laughs and starts to run. 
"YAH! YOU TWO IDIOTS WE'RE ON A MISSION!" Youngjae yells. 

While still inside the yacht, Jongup quickly looks around for clues and analyzes the bodies for what they major in. He cuts open the black slacks and scans the muscles of the legs. 
'Kicking major. Just like I thought' 
He looks down, rubbing his hand against his forehead. 


He stands up, done examining the dead human bodies on the floor. But then he notices something that looks somewhat like a photograph. He kneels back down and then his fingers brush through the dead body's tux and gently pulls out the picture. He sees a normal looking girl. His fingers looks for more and out came about five other photos. Jongup scrunches his eyebrows, trying to figure out why there was pictures of this girl. 
He checks the others, but only one possessed those photographs.
'Probably his wife.' Jongup thought. 

"Yo Jongup, time to go. You got everything set?" Yongguk asks. 
"Yea, I've placed explosives on every corner. Cops should be coming in about 20 minutes. We need to be about 270 kilometers away or we'll be part of the blow up." Jongup says, looking around. 
"Good. Alright let's go then." But then Yongguk notices the photograph Jongup was holding onto.
"What's that?" Yongguk asks, indicating towards the picture. 
"Hmm? Oh this?" Jongup says, lifting up the image. 
"Nothing, probably just a picture of family." He says again, handing the picture to Yongguk. 
Yongguk's eyes flickers wider, noticing the familiar face.
"W-where'd you find this?" 
"I er- found it while looking through the bodies. Why hyung?" 
"B-but...W-why...is she some connection?" Yongguk asks.
"Hey, time to go people." Himchan comes in, knocking on the wall.
Both Yongguk and Jongup look at Himchan. 
"W-what? Something on me?" Himchan asks, shaking his hair. 
"Himchan, remember this pretty little face?" Yonggus asks, showing Himchan the image.
Himchan furrow his eyes and tries to recite. 
"Yea, the one at the bar. Right?" 
"Yea. Got any ideas why she was here? Who invited this chick?" 
"Hmm, I don't know. Let's ask Youngjae. He's the brain when it comes to this. Let's go." 
Yongguk hesitantly nods his head and then puts a hand on Jongup's shoulder, and leads them both out. 

Yongguk and the other two arrives at the van. 
Youngjae and Daehyun eyes them while they were fixing everything up. 
"Anything unusual?" Youngjae asks, handing a camera over to Daehyun. 
"I don't think we should be taking pictures. This is a mission, not vacation. That's what's unusual." Daehyun answers saracastically. 
"I wasn't asking you, you idiot." Youngjae laughs, trying to hit Daehyun's head. Daehyun playfully dodges the swat and starts chuckling. 
"Don't start or you'll end up like Zelo." He snickers, nodding his head towards the youngster that was sitting in the car, rubbing his head from the previous knuckle-sandwich Daehyun gave him. 
"Alright, I have your warning." Youngjae laughs, putting both of his arms up in defeat. Youngjae and Daehyun's attention turns back to Yongguk when he lifts up the image between his fingers. 
"This girl. One of the guys had about five to six photos of her. I want to know more about who she is and how she's related to this concept." He states. 
Youngjae takes a look at the picture and nods his head. 
"We'll look it up when we get back." He says, sorting out the cameras back into the bags. 

"Alright, let's get rolling. Cops should be here any minute." Himchan says as he climbs in the van and lightly smacks the door.