Distance

Distance

 

 

"Hyung, I like you."

Sunggyu could just stare. He is beyond shock. He processed what the younger has just said, and leave abruptly. Because he is not ready.

He is ignoring Woohyun openly. He plays with Myungsoo a little too much. He smiles, laughs, and whispers at the visual a little too much.

Woohyun is showing that he's hurt openly. He stares at the two with a hurt expression. Everyone notices.

They are distancing openly.

The whispers are no longer being shared. The leader's eyesmile is no longer being thrown towards him. His idiotic laugh has gone north for summer. The only remaining is his sad smile.

Woohyun is trying not to be broken.

***

"Woohyun, let's talk."

The talk ended up with Woohyun being on the top of Sunggyu. "I can't..." The younger whispered and leaned forward, "handle it." And he closed the distance.

Sunggyu's trying to push the latter away, he's trying to turn his head to the side to avoid the kissed. The younger didn't let him. He managed to sit on the leader's tummy and use his hands to hold the leader's face.

The elder could only press his lips sealed--not returning the kiss, and shut his eyes closed. He still closed his eyes when Woohyun broke the kiss. And then he felt something dripped to his cheeks. He opened his eyes.

His heart breaks.

Woohyun is crying silently. Sunggyu escaped from the scene because he will definitely break even more if he continues to see Woohyun cried.

***

Woohyun apologized that night.

"It's okay, Woohyun-ah. I'm sorry, too."

Woohyun is back to his greasy self. Saying Sunggyu is his Juliet in an interview and turning Sunggyu to face him when they rehearsing. Sunggyu doesn't know how to react, but he can't help but smile when they both turned away.

Then Woohyun injured his shoulder. "Hyung, can I have a kiss?"

"No."

***

His injuries hasn't even fully healed when Woohyun got caught in an accident.

Sunggyu feels like his whole world has been crushed down. Sounds cheesy and he never thought he would experienced this kind of feeling. He ran to the hospital after hearing the news. Why didn't they tell me before this damn Weekly Idol recording?

***

He barged into the room and failed to notice the younger's eyes that lit up with happiness to see him.

"You did this on purpose, right?" He scold the younger.

Woohyun flashed a hurt expression. Sunggyu hates it so much he just wants to punch the expression away. Woohyun stays silent. Sunggyu also hates it.

He hates it so much he started to cry.

"Hyung?!" Woohyun is shocked yet kinda pleased to see the leader cries because of some reasons. "Hyung, why are you crying? Don't cry, I'm okay. You should go home, you must be tired."

" you..." The elder whispered so softly Woohyun thinks he heard it wrong.

"What?"

", I hate you." Sunggyu said louder and grabbed the younger's face.

To kiss him.

Woohyun gasped. The elder's lips feels too soft. The kiss is too slow. But he likes it. No, he loves it.

He closed his eyes and kissed back with all his might. The pain is long forgotten.

They broke the kiss, filled their lungs, and kissed again, and again. They're not broken anymore.

***

Woohyun stays at the dorm the next day listening to the radio. Infinite is on air. He misses the elder.

"Thank you, give me lots of love..." It's Sunggyu now talking, and the next thing he said brings Woohyun close to tears. 

"Woohyun-ssi, I love you."

He breaks into a wide grin. He could only close his eyes and feel every inch of his fiber warming, and hope Sunggyu finished the recording soon, so he could call the elder and tell him the same thing.

 

-End-

 

 

A/N

What. Have. I. Write.

This is embarassing.

I'll just go hide somewhere in the corner.