Let out the Beast

Growl

His POV

 

Full moon. He quickly closed all the doors and shut the windows. His eyes had started to glow red. No one must see him this way. Especially now that he didn't have his trusty contact lenses. Why did he have to forget them today, of all times? He already knew it was full moon. And when it's full moon, he becomes something else. He didn't even take his regular drink to supress the rage building up inside him. It was the unexplainable rage that made him transform into this beast. He didn't have any control over the beast when he didn't drink his "tea" (because that's what he decided to call it, to hide the fact that it was made up of unusual herbs and spices only he and the old lady, down by the Han River, knew.

 

He could hear fans screaming their names. He could hear his name being chanted. Then he heard security ushering the fans away from the area. Then finally, it was quiet. He always asked to have a separate room whenever it was full moon and they were in another place.

 

When will this end? He told me it would neutralize soon. But when?

 

He sat in the corner of the room and hugged his knees and waited for the pain, thirst and hunger to subside.

 

 


 

Luhan:

 

 

EXO will be performing in Ilsan the next day. I needed to bring my essentials. It was almost full moon. I need to call Miho for my drink. I can't go beast mode during the performance. I just can't. It's not a good thing to be changing into a wolf while you sing and dance to Wolf. Yes, it would be a good trick, but then it was not a good trick. For the audience, it will be like watching a well-executed stunt, but to the staff and the 11, it would look like a freak show and my cover would be blown. I didn't want that to happen. Question will be asked and security called. Worse would be the country's Sector 7 would come and take me away into some facility for mutants or whatever.

 

HE said it would take just a few months for the drink to take full effect. He would not need to drink it every full moon once he was able to control his transformation.

 


His POV

 

 

He felt better today. He had hoped the pain to stop now. It was almost 11 months since he first took the “tea.” So they were right. He was happy. So the problem now was controlling his appetite. He already passed the morphing problem. He would be able to change at will. No more need to hide when the full moon comes up. He smiled a satisfied smile. He had to thank Miho. The old lady knew her stuff well. It seemed like she had serviced halflings like him before, so she was not in the least afraid when he went to her at first. He knew of her existence from Him. Before he came to Korea to fulfill his dreams, He had told him that he needed to take the necessary precautions, so He told him about Miho and her ability to concoct his “tea.”

 

 


 

Luhan:

 

 

Full moon. Almost a year after. The light radiating from my human skin. Before, I was concerned it would make me sick and shiver as I morphed into my true wolf form. Now, I am able to control it. I can be under the moonlight and act as if nothing was happening inside me. But I knew, later tonight, I would have to hunt. I would wait again until everyone else is asleep and go outside to hunt. Thinking about the word “hunt” made my throat dry and thirsty of blood. I was also hungry for raw meat.

 

I finished rehearsing my part and excused myself. I wanted to go home early, so I can start out early. I could give the excuse that I just went out for fresh air and strolling. Yes, that was the perfect lie. I told the managers that I wanted to be excused for I needed time for myself. The series of concerts already done, the managers let me go. We were only rehearsing our parts for the next comeback, anyway.

 

I waved goodbye to the other 11. I saw Kyungsoo, Kai and Sehun preparing to leave, too. Lay ran up to me and asked if I was already going home. I told him I was, and he asked if he can go with me. I didn't wanna be obvious, so I said yes. We set off home. I saw Baekhyun wave to the others and ran to follow us. Well, let the games begin. I thought and chuckled to myself. Everyday, whenever I felt the urge to hunt and the others accompany me home, I always felt it was a game. A game of survival. Not for me, but for the others. Let's see who will survive between you two. But as I was in control of myself, I knew the game was already won, even before it started. Both Lay and Baekhyun would survive of course.

 

I planned to go to the nearest slaughter house and get my prey there. I didn't wanna survey the slum area for criminals. I wanted to fine-dine. I laughed at myself. Fine dining, my . If you consider eating at a posh restaurant, fine dining, well, mine would be eating “clean” meat and blood. Not blood of scumbags. Yes, I help clean out the place of murderers and lawbreakers from time to time. Since I've lived among humans for a long time, I have taken a liking into eating what normal people eat. But of course, there are times when the call of raw meat and blood is strong, so I needed to hunt and get my fill of wolf food.

 

Baekhyun, Lay and I rode a taxi to our dorm. As soon as we arrived, I changed into comfortable clothes. The better so I can move agilely and stealthily as I go and hunt. I excused myself from the two and went out. Lucky for me, Lay or Baekhyun didn't force themselves to come with me. Lay went to sleep and Baekhyun...well, I don't know what he went to do.

 

I wore a hooded sweatshirt and sweatpants. I reached the groundfloor of the building where our dorm was. I stopped and kneeled down to fix and tighten my shoelaces. I didn't want them to hinder me from moving fast tonight. After I fixed my shoelaces, I straightened up and pulled my hood over my eyes. I wore an unprinted dark hoodie and sweatpants, just in case someone saw me, they won't be able to ID me that well, for I'm wearing inconspicuous clothing.

 

I started out into the night. I tasted the air by my lips and inhaling the scent. I walked towards the taxi stand and hailed a cab. I didn't wanna hunt near our dorm. It was off limits. I wanted to protect myself as well as the 11. Just in case I was caught, I would be far away from them. I wouldn't lead my captors to them. I would try to escape. I took out my phone. I the front camera and checked my reflection. I didn't have a mirror with me, so I used the front camera. My eyes had turned red. It was time. I pulled my hood lower and I told the cab driver to bring me to a place near a restaurant. Of course, he wasn't aware I just wanted him to think I was going to eat in a normal human restaurant. He didn't need to know I would be heading toward the nearest slaughter house from the restaurant. And he didn't have to know what I wanted to do there. I paid the cab driver and stepped out of the cab. I went inside the restaurant just to fend off anyone who was on my tail. They would think I was inside, eating. But as soon as I entered the establishment, I swiftly turned back and slid back out the door. I doubt anyone saw me run as fast as I could.

 

As a half human - half wolf, I could run faster than anyone without being detected. It would be like feeling a gust of wind, but you didn't know it was me who ran past you. This kind of ability serves me well on hunts. I ran as fast as I could to the next block. It was dark when I arrived at the next block and I saw an alley. I broke into a jog and turned toward the alley and stopped when I felt that no one was there. I sniffed and inhaled the scent of the air. I smelled warm blood and meat. I was near my destination. I had researched before for the nearest and accessible slaughter houses in Seoul. Eversince I came to Korea, I had made it a point to research for the slaughter houses, in case I wanted to fine dine. Sometimes, I find it too much if I hunt people. Yes, the meat and blood is satisfying, especially a grown man. But I just couldn't bring myself to eat people all the time. Even though some of them really deserved to die. You could say I've been fine dining most of the time, then. Hahaha. What a sick word.

 

I've had a total of 20 scumbags for my meal eversince I came to Korea. I wasn't proud of that number, though. As much as I wanted to have a normal wolf meal from time to time, I wanted to steer clear of humans. I wasn't really a monster. Or I just didn't wanna be, even if I knew I was. It was a good thing I could control my transformation now, so I could act and eat like a normal human.

 

I walked stealthily toward the scent of food. I dare not transform yet. I would do that once I locked my prey. And in the slaughter house, it wasn't a problem. I would just strip and morph, before I go in and attack. That is why I need somewhere far from unsuspecting people. After I ate, I'd just go back to my clothes and walk away as if nothing happened. But I would be full. Satisfied. I curled my lips into a smile as I saw the liht of the slaughter house from a distance. It was a good distance from where I stood now. But because of my heightened sense of sight, I was able to see from afar. Only downside was, my eyes were red this time. If someone saw my eyes, they'd probably run fast, afraid of what I might do to them. And they would be correct. I didn't want people coming near me right now. I might just take a bite and make a meal out of them. I shook my head. No, Luhan.

 

I looked for a safe place where I could strip and hide my clothes. I wouldn't wanna take the risk and leave my clothes near the slaughter house. What if someone finds it and had it DNA tested? I mean, I'm sure there would be strands of hair sticking on my clothes, so no. It would be too much of a risk. I found a god place to hide my clothes and I stripped. I swiftly transformed and paced back and forth in my wolf form, before I broke into a run toward the slaughter house.

 

In my wolf form, I could smell my prey very well. I would have a feast tonight. I wanted to have a feast. I can't just ask my managers to buy raw meat and devour it in front of them, so I rather hunt and have my fill like this. I laughed. It sounded like a dog whimpering. I almost forgot that I have already transformed. I chuckled then. With my padded paws, I was silent. No one heard me walk towards the entrance of the slaughter house. But of course, I wouldn't pass through there. I would need to go at the back and go inside through the window.

 

I found an open window and climbed up using the wooden crates outside as ladder. Before I went in, I listened for possible humans inside who were roving. None. I smelled the air. No humans. Just food. Glorious food. I my lips and bounded down the window and inside the slaughter house. The usual slaughter houses already stocked with at least 5 animals ready to be slaughtered for the next day. I knew I wanted more than one. I wanted at least 3. Hahaha. Just kidding. I would only get one. I walked to the animal pen where they kept the cows and pigs to be slaughtered the next day. It was dark. But because I had nightvision as a wolf, I didn't need to turn on the lights. If there were security cameras, it would be weird to find a wolf turning on the lightswitch, wouldn't it? Anyway, the animals sensed their doom was near, when I approached the pen. I dared not change into my human form, I couldn't risk being caught inside a slaughter house. EXO's Luhan caught in a slaughter house, . And attacking a pig. That would be hilarious.

 

And then, I attacked. I caught a cow. I dragged the cow by the jugular to the corner. The other animals were noisy. Panicking. They couldn't get out from the pen, so they were just running around in circles. But I didn't mind them. I ate my fill. I had to dispose of the carcass in their proper garbage disposal. Yeah. I was a clean predator. I didn't wanna leave the place in a mess. After I ate, even if the animals were noisy, I worked to drag the cow's carcasss outside in the big garbage bin.

 

And then I saw it. Something caught my wolf eye. From a distance, I saw a long bottlebrush tail ran swiftly into the shadowy part of the block. It couldn't be. Nah. Probably just a big dog. But I didn't bring down my guard. Not now, when there is a possibility that there is another one like me.

 

I hesitated running after the shadow. I broke into a run and went to where I hid my clothes. Before I changed back, I listed well to the surroundings for suspicious movements and noise. There were none. I smelled the air. No human. And more importantly, no half-wolf. I changed back into my human form and put on my clothes. I went the way I came from and stopped just a feww meters away from the restaurant where I asked the cab to drop me off. I waited until I saw people coming out of the restaurant before I ran swiftly near the entrance and slipped in. This time, I didn't turn around to go out. I wanted people to see me come in. But before I sat at an empty table, I made my way into the men's room. I had to make sure I looked clean and didn't smell like cow. I chuckled as I made my way there.

 

The restaurant staff saw who I was and left me to go in the men's room before they asked me what I wanted to eat for the night. When I was inside the comfort room, I checked my reflection in the mirror, fished out my phone from my pocket and checked the time. Whoa. That was a record. I was only gone for 30 minutes. I smiled to myself. I also fished out a little bottle of cologne from my sweatpants pocket. I dabbed it on my pulse points. Of course, I had to smell good. It would be a shame if people come near me smelling like a bloody cow. It was a good thing there was no blood on my lips or teeth. I grinned and checked. Nope. All clean. I fished out a little box of breath mints from the other pocket and popped one in my mouth. I looked in the mirror again, making sure my eyes were back to the normal brown ones. When I was sure, I replaced my phone in my hoodie pocket and went out. I was ready for my facade. I would order just a sandwich and tea and make it seem like I was eating. But of course. I eat human food too.

 


 

His POV

 

There was someone there. He knew it. There was someone. He saw it...saw him. He knew it was someone like him. It even looked in his direction. He knew it knew he was like him. He was glad he was able to hide before he caught his scent and followed him. He needed to go back home and forget hunting tonight.

 

 


 

Luhan:

 

That facade went well. I even ate up the sandwich and burped. I went out of the restaurant smiling. There were a few fans who took my picture. I obliged and waved at them as they giggled and snapped away on their mobile phones. I bet my face would be all over Weibo and Twitter in just a few minutes. I bowed my head down and pulled my hoodie again to cover my eyes. I hailed a cab and gave the driver the directions back to the dorm. I leaned back and closed my eyes. I wanted to sleep so bad. I was so full.

 

The driver called my attention when he arrived in front of the building. I opened my eyes and thanked him. I paid and stepped out. I was about to walk towards the entrance when I saw someone, from the 10th floor window, jump down to the deserted street below. That window was EXO's window. I froze. He probably didn't see me. The window was to the side of the building and I was right in front of the entrance. If that person looked down before he jumped, he'd have spotted me stepping out of the cab. But I guess he was in a hurry. Why? Who?

 

That kind of move. I know it. It's not human. It's something else. It's someone who's in human form but a wolf inside. No human can jump that high and survive. I ran towards the street right below the 10th floor window. I only caught his shadow as he ran away into the dark night.

 

I knew it. I wasn't the only one. There was another one. But who is it? Is it one of the 11? Staff? Managers? Who? My senses were not working properly since I have been among people for a very long time. Or maybe, just maybe, I wasn't able to sense the existence of the other one, because I was already immuned to his scent. I hope I'd be able to get a long vacation. I wanted to roam free. Somewhere safe. Somewhere I can be myself again; shed my human form and be one with nature; under the moonlight. Then maybe, when I come back, I'd be able to sniff out the other one.

 

This other one, he can also control when he morphs. That's why I can't sense him. I didn't want to fight him, whoever he was. I claim my territory, but I was a lone wolf. I have no pack brothers who will be with me if I fight the other one. Who knows, he had a pack somewhere.

 

One thing I am thankful for being around people, I was able to control morphing into my wolf self. No amount of moonlight can make me shed my human form and turn into a wolf this time. I can control when I can turn back into my wolf form and human form at will.

 


 

His POV

 

It was now or never. He couldn't bear not hunting. Not tonight. He was just too hungry for raw meat. He had to go back to the slaughter house. The other one would've been gone by now, right? It was an hour sincehe saw the other one there. So he checked the others who were sleeping and when he made sure no one saw him, he opened the window. He didn't want to go through the door, afraid he might meet someone and asked him where he wanted to go, alone. The other boys were either asleep or out shopping or eating somewhere. He was safe to move the way he wanted. He first made sure to wear the most inconspicuous clothing. He risked jumping from the 10th floor window, thinking nobody would see him. There were no people around the building. As his feet touched the ground, he broke into a run. Little did he know that someone saw him. Someone who just stepped out of a cab. Someone who saw him earlier. Luhan.

 


 

Luhan:

 

Determined to find out who was the other one, I stayed up that night. I didn't turn on the lights in my room. I shared a room with Sehun, Chen and Xiumin. Not one of them were back yet. They were probably still out shopping or eating. I opened my window a little. I wanted to be able to smell the other one, in case he went back up through the window. It was a probability that the other one would climb the building and come back inside the way he went out, to avoid meeting people at the building's lobby and elevator. I sniffed the air. I froze. There it was. Another wolf scent. I knew that scent. It was half human, half wolf. I adjusted my eyes. I knew my eyes turned red while it adjusted in the darkness. I walked to the window and peered down. I waited. The scent was coming nearer. Just a few seconds more and I'd see who the other one was. I prepared myself. And then I saw him. He was half running, half jogging. The wolf scent was more pronounced now. It was mixed with cow's blood. I stifled a laugh. So this one went hunting too. I racked my brain for the other EXO members who were hungry at the rehearsal. I was lost. All of them actually said they were hungry. I growled a little.

 

I saw the other one prepare to launch himself up the wall. I saw he was skilled. He glided from window ledge to another. Man, he was good. I would have to practice that myself next time. I decided to wait for him by the window where he was supposed to come in. I went out my room and squatted in front of the still-open window. I had both my hands on the floor, supporting my stance. Just in case the other one pounced and attacked, I would be able to spring up and dodge him. I didn't know if it was EXO or a staff or a manager, so I can't be sure how to handle him. I wanted to know so bad. At least, there would be someone I could confide in. Someone who would share the same curse as me. Someone who would understand my absolute situation.

 

I waited with bated breath. I could hear the other one's heartbeat coming closer. His scent nearer. Then I saw his hands gripped the window ledge. It was now or never. I steadied my breath. Luhan, steady... I took a deep breath as I saw the other one pull himself up and balanced himself on the window ledge before he snapped his head up, knowing someone was there, who was waiting for him.

 

As he snapped his head up, I saw his eyes. Red like mine. Our eyes met. A growl escaped my lungs and he too, growled.

 

Kai.” I managed to growl out his name.

 

Luhan.” He managed to choke out my name in return.

 

Then both of us froze. I was tasting the air, tasting his movements. If this was going to be a battle for territory, I swore it would be bloody like hell. But surprisingly, he eased his stance and slowly sat on the floor, sniffed at me and sighed. I did the same. We stared at each other for a good 20 minutes before any one of us spoke.

 

So, you are not alpha.” That was a statement from Kai, not a question. I nodded. “I'm not alpha either.” He added. I just nodded again.

 

How long...have you...?” Was the first thing that came out of my mouth. I was curious, I know.

 

About a year and a half...you?”

 

About the same.”

 

And we both laughed. It was nice to know that there was finally someone who would understand me. Someone who shared the same curse. It didn't seem like a curse anymore. We spent the next hour talking about how we were transformed.

 


 

His POV

 

He was safe. No one else knew. He made his way slowly to the front of the building. But as he neared the building, he caught another's scent. What the ? There was another one here. He thought he was the only one. Well, aside from his Beta. Who the was it? This building had EXO's dorm and he was EXO. But who was the other one? He crept to where he hid his clothes and changed back. He casually walked back to the front of the building and entered. He met a few people in the lobby, he nodded in greeting. Before he went up, he walked straight to the groundfloor comfort room. He wanted to make sure he looked as human as possible and that no trace of blood be found in him, even the smell. He dabbed cologne in his pulse points and popped in a breath mint that he fished out from his pocket. As he wet his hair and combed it with his fingers, someone got out from one of the cubicles. The person was wearing a hoodie and shorts. And he was short. And had owl-like eyes.

 

Damn it. EXO member. .

 

Oh, hi Kyungsoo.” He greeted.

 

Kris hyung.” Was the reply, as Kyungsoo nodded.

 


 

Kyungsoo:

 

Whew. That was close. Really close. Good thing I wiped that blood off my face before he appeared. He might have smelled me. I'd be dead if he caught me with blood on my mouth. I don't know how I'd explain it to him. No one should know what I was. Not even my borhters. EXO was precious to me, and I didn't want my “condition” to be the reason for EXO's downfall.

 

But wait, where was Tao? I thought they went out together? Ah, probably went up ahead. I excused myself and went ahead of Kris hyung. He looked like he still needed a few more minutes fixing his hair. He nodded at me and I went out of the confort room, walked towards the nearest elevator and punched in 10th floor. As I stepped inside the elevator, I saw Tao walking towards the men's room. He caught my eye and nodded. I thought I saw red eyes, but when I looked again, I could only see the back of his head and the elevator door closed.

 

 


 

Luhan:

 

Kai went to take a shower after I did. I was happy I found someone like myself. I would never feel alone now. I smiled. I took out my phone and logged online. And for sure, I saw my Weibo homepage flooded with the fan pictures they took as I stepped out of that restaurant. As I laughed, the lights to my room was . My roommates were back. I saw Xiumin and Chen step inside. They looked exhausted. Chen stretched himself out on his bed and closed his eyes, but he didn't sleep yet. Xiumin sat on his bed with his back firmly pressed to the wall and his legs stretched out. He moved his head side to side and leaned back on the wall. He remained like that until Sehun came in. The maknae had taken off his shirt and was half- when he entered. His brow was creased and he was grinding his teeth. If you asked me, it sounded like he was growling low. He sat on his bed and pulled a clean shirt from under his pillow and put it on. I pretended to focus on my phone, but I was watching him from my peripheral view. I saw him straighten the shirt he took of and it had a tear on it. Not just a small tear, but a large rip. Like a sharp claw had torn it.

 

I didn't ask him how his shirt got torn. I just deduced that some sasaeng found their nails into his shirt and tried to rip them off him. Or that's what I wanted to tell myself. The problem with half-breeds like me, was that we were totally undetectable when in human form, unless we were about to change or just changed. Kai's case was the latter. He just changed to his human form and he still had red eyes, so I knew and his scent was all over. If indeed Sehun was also a half-breed, he would have changed into his human form completely an hour before he came back home. If he was that careful, then I wouldn't detect his wolf scent.

 

But then I noticed something. His shoe had drops of blood on it. He was not that careful. I smirked. So, it wasn't just me and Kai, huh. Sehun was one of us. I knew because I inhaled the scent of blood and I could make out human blood. It didn't smell like him at all. It was someone else's blood. Sehun was hunting humans. OMG. I froze. Without even thinking, I scrambled up and held him by the wrist and dragged him outside the room. He looked confused as to why I did it. I dragged him outside Kai's room and knocked on the door.

 

Kai shared a room with Kyungsoo, Suho and Lay. Kai opened the door. I nodded at him and somehow, he understood what I meant and he silently went out the door, closed the door and followed me. I was still gripping Sehun's wrist tightly with one hand. I could feel my eyes turning red at that instant. I stole a glance at Kai and I saw his eyes turn red as well.

 

I brought Sehun and Kai outside the dorm and led them farther to the corner of the 10th floor, near the emergency stairs. I pushed Sehun to the door that led to the stairs and Kai followed.

 

You are hunting humans?” I couldn't stop myself from blurting that out. I hunted humans too, but I just wanted to know if Sehun was hunting humans whenever he felt the thirst and hunger of hos wolf self. He stared at me, confused.

 

Hyung, I... I don't understand.”

 

You know very well what I mean, Oh Sehun.”

 

Sehun-ah. We know what you are.” It was Kai. He looked every inch a wolf-man with his red eyes and dominating stance.

 

When Sehun looked at Kai, he shivered. He saw the red eyes. Then he slowly turned his head to me. I knew he was expecting to see red eyes on me, too. And he was not mistaken. He froze when his theory was confirmed. He bowed his head and his breathing quickened. When he looked back up, his eyes were crimson red.

 

Yes, I am a half breed.” Was his reply.

 

...and you are hunting humans.”

 

Yes, I was. Tonight.”

 

You mean...-”

 

I don't always hunt humans, hyung.”

 

That's a relief.”

 

Are you...-” Kai started to ask.

 

No. I'm not alpha.” Sehun replied even before the question was complete.

 

Neither are we.” Kai replied.

 

I am Alpha.”

 

All three of us froze. There was someone else by the stairs. That voice. So clear. We knew he was telling the truth. He was an Alpha. Just the voice itself sounded like an Alpha. We turned out heads toward the stairs. And someone appeared, walking up the stairs. Someone was behind him. His Beta. OMG.

 

Kris.” His eyes were glowing crimson red.

 

Luhan.” He nodded. And someone behind him appeared.

 

Tao.”

 

Lu-ge.” Tao nodded at me.

 

Before anyone could speak another word, the door to the emergency stairs flung open. Red-eyed Suho and Lay were hissing, teeth bared. Not another one. Two. .

 

Suho was Alpha, Lay was his Beta. It was obvious.

 

Oh. My. God.

 

Red eyes to red eyes, exchanging looks and smelling the air, hissing and growling. Everyone was tasting the air. Testing the atmosphere. There were two Alphas, two Betas, three normal halfbreeds. And how many halfbreeds do we have again? Seven halfbreeds in here.

 

Kris and Suho met eye to eye. Kris, the taller one crouched a little lower, eye level with Suho, who stretched his neck from side to side, a low growl escaping his lungs. Lay and Tao were behind their respective Alphas, in ready to pounce stance.

 

Kai, Sehun and I backed off a little. Instincts made us back off. Even though we were EXO as humans, the situation was different. There were two Alphas. And it felt like there was going to be a territorial battle. Like what I expected with me and Kai earlier. It was a tense moment. Anytime, any one of them could lose it and attack the other. If that happened, I knew I'd have to make a run for it. There was 90% chance that the two Alphas would change into their wolf forms and battle it out. Right there and then. At the emergency stairs. That was something I didn't wanna see or experience.

 

Kris snorted and stretched his head to one side. He let out a soft growl and smirked.

 

Gotcha, Suho.”

 

Suho yelped. Yes. Instead of attacking Kris, he snorted and let out a soft growl and yelped. Like a puppy.

 

Who's the big bad wolf?” Kris was joking now.

 

Shut up, hyung. I didn't know...”

 

Oh, it. Seven of us? Really?” Kris furrowed his brows and looked at us one by one, except Tao.

 


 

Explanations done, all seven of us went back inside the dorm. We had a secret to keep. There were still five of us who were normal people. We wanted to protect them from ourselves. And we wanted to protect ourselves from them. Because of the newfound information and knowing we shared something in common, Kris and Suho decided to call for pizza. It was almost midnight. But it felt like there was a need to celebrate our newfound secret.

 

As we entered the dorm, we saw Chen and Xiumin sitting comfortably on the couch in the living room. They had on a knowing smirk. And before we know it, they moved really fast and were standing in front of us. Both with red eyes.

 

Nine down, three more to go.

 

The secret's more than halfway out. Kris grunted as Kyungsoo went out of their room to “check” on us. Pizza had arrived and we were kind of noisy. Xiumin told us that the managers were still out. Probably having their own fun time. It was free day tomorrow anyway, so it was okay to stay out late.

 

Hey, Di-oh. Join us.” Kris invited him. Kyungsoo hesitated at first, but sat beside Kai. He took a slice of the pizza and bit into it. “Careful, Di-oh. You might leave some sauce around your mouth.”

 

At that, Kyungsoo froze and choked on the piece of pizza he just swallowed. Kai thumped his back, Tao handed him a glass of coke. It felt like it was an inside joke between Kris and Kyungsoo. Kris eyed him carefully and Kyungsoo sipped on his coke and swallowed hard. There was a hint of panic in his eyes. Kris must have hit something personal.

 

The door to the dorm opened. Chanyeol and Baekhyun entered, panting. And as they closed the door, a gust of wind came in. It smelled of... blood. Human blood. Every head snapped and turned toward the door. All eyes turned to scan Chanyeol and Baekhyun's body for wounds, but found none. My eyes flicked up to meet Baekhyun's. It was red.

 

Uh-oh.” Was all he could say.

 

Chanyeol turned around, possibly to feel if his eyes were back to normal, but it was too late. Secret's out. All 12 of us. Because I caught Kyungsoo's heavy breathing and a little growl escaping his lips as the air around us was filled with the scent of human blood. I turned to him, as did Kai and Tao. His eyes turned red as it met mine.

 

So... We are one.” It was Kris who spoke.

 

And like a rehearsed dance-step, each one of us changed and howled into the night.

 

 


 

Just an experimental one-shot. I hope you like it. I miss OT12, so I thought to write a one-shot about them. I just wrote this now, and I wanted to finish it to post it right away. Hehehe. I miss Kris so much, I wanted to feel his presence on this one. I hope I gave them all justice. Even though the lead is Luhan, and their origin as halfbreeds is not discussed here, I hope you still liked it. This story is about OT12. Until next story. Xiexie nimen. ♥♥♥ 

P.S. Would you like me to write a sequel? I'd like to know what you think. ^^

 

 


 

 

I decided to write the prequel. But it's still in the works. I want it to have the important details that would answer most of the questions. Hehehe. Here is the link: Big Bad Wolf