Chapter 1

Desire

THIRD PERSON POV

He woke with a start. The dream he just awoken from still replaying strongly in his mind, as though each and every sensual moment was on a constant loop. He wanted to stop having these dreams, the dreams that made him sweaty and aroused. The dreams that made his desire grow with every tantalizing second. The dreams that made him realize how much he wanted you.

He was in each of your classes from middle school and now into high school. He noticed you every day from the start. How your hips and hair would sway in time with each other. How your smile always reached and lit up your eyes and how you had the magical ability to make anyone’s day a whole lot brighter. You were his star, his universe, his everything. The only problem was, he had no idea if you even noticed his existence. He was positive that you went about your day without noticing the stares you would receive from his loving gaze. Little did he know though that you felt the exact same way.

 

YOUR POV

Beep. Beep. BEEP. BEEEEEEEP!!  You turned with an angry glare over to your alarm clock. The stupid thing just woke you up from the single best dream you’ve ever had. Despite the time being 10 minutes later than when you normally get up, all you wanted to do was roll over, make a cocoon out of your blankets and go back into dream land where you were with him.

He was the center of all your desires, filling your thoughts 24/7 and never letting go. You two rarely talked to each other. You barely even knew each other, despite being in the same class every year since middle school. Regardless of the force field that seemed to be determined to keep you two from moving closer than 10 feet of each other, you desperately wanted to find a way to become more than just classmates; you wanted to be in a relationship with Mr. Perfection.  You had an inkling that he felt the same, if the glances you got were any indication of it. But unfortunately for your sorry self, you were too chicken to do anything about it. Apparently he was too, because all he could do was stare. Not that you minded of course.

Finally, after the 100th blast of the alarm clock, you angrily emerged from your cocoon like a butterfly determined to take over the insect and arachnid world and made your way to the bathroom to wash up for the day. Wearing your grey and blue uniform and hair pulled back into a high pony tail, you decided against makeup and made your way downstairs for a little breakfast.

You lived with your parents, but each morning they would leave for work much earlier than you would ever decide to get up, so mornings were spent with you staring at whatever happened to be in your line of sight while eating your simple breakfast of toast and fruit. After breakfast was forced down, it was time to make your journey to school. You were certain that the creator of school was some relative of Satan, but between your friends and him you it up and dealt with it.

Finally reaching the gates of Hell, you took notice of a brown haired boy quite obviously staring in your direction. Keeping a cool and calm exterior but internally have a miniature celebration you walked past what you felt to be your life long crush and entered the giant mouth of the school and into the beast.

 

HIS POV

7:45 am. I made sure to be here once again earlier than any sane person, just to see her. School starts at 8:00 and I know she makes her way here for 7:50. Five minutes should be plenty of time for me to find front row seats and watch the beauty that is ______ walk into the school.

7:48 am. She is coming today right? What if she is sick? What if someone broke into her house and kidnapped her?

“Man, calm down. Freaking out is not going to do anything. There is still two minutes to go. There’s still time to wait.”

I tried calming myself down, but before I could slow my raging heart beat the goddess of the earth was walking through the gates. Unfortunately for me my loud and obnoxious friends where right behind her, so my viewing time was cut short.

“Hey man staring at your lover?”

“Kai, you know they aren’t together yet. He doesn’t have the courage to ask her out.”

“Oh right my bad. I thought a miracle might have happened and today was finally going to be the day.”

“Sure, cause that-“

“Are you two done making fun of me and my love life?”

“Pathetic love life is more like it.”                   

“Sehun and Kai, I swear I will kill you in your sleep.”

“All right guys, that’s enough. C’mon we have to get going to class before we are late.”

Leave it to Suho to be the mature one that’s worried about our education. Unfortunately for me, I can’t help but worry about what Sehun and Kai said; maybe they are right. It would take quite a force equivalent to that of a natural disaster for me to ever get the courage to ask the girl of my dreams out.