Chapter Twelve

Beneath your crescent eyes


11:43pm
June 11, 2014


It has been a week since my life changed. 
It has been a week since Shinhye's life changed. And for a week, I am now for sure that it was her who made it stop all those nightmares. I am sure it was her, but as if she doesn't know a thing. Or maybe she doesn't really know a thing about how strange my life is. 

I am staring at my ceiling, how strange that the same ceiling I'm start back in day seems to be colorful now. As if the sun is shining over this roof. Royce haven't been bothering me, but I can really sense that he'll back and knock me for once. I am actually getting ready for that, but even I'm prepared for myself, I don't know how to prepare Shinhye from this. She doesn't know anything, I don't want her to be scared at me. Not in every damn way. 

"Not sleeping again," she sighed. It's been a week since I am sleeping on my couch and she was in my bed. That's our routine. "You are always staring above like the ceiling will fall."

"I'm just thinking about random things." I smiled. "You?"

She faced me. "Me?" She pointed at her self, "I am waiting for you to sleep, so I can sleep." She sweetly smiled at me.

I sit on my couch, "why do you have to do that?"

She didn't respond but just that sweet smile that it seems never going to be fade out. 

"Then I guess I need to sleep now," I lose again. Because I know if she said she'll wait for me to sleep for her to sleep, she will really do that. I guess that was her extra good personality. Or maybe people back in that time seemed to be that good than now. 

She giggled like a kid. 

I closed my eyes with a smile on my face. I am going to sleep now, and will wake up hearing her giggles.


***

 

8:45am
June 12, 2014


Brand new day. I opened my eyes as I stand in my couch. Brand new day and everything seems to be clean. Everything. 

"Shinhye?" I called her name. She didn't respond, where did that girl have gone again? I knocked on the bathroom but the door wasn't lock. It's too early for her to leave again, and I'm not drunk - I haven't been drinking hard. I took little steps as I hear a sound of sizzling. I immediately went to the kitchen and found her there. I raised my left eyebrow. "What are you doing?"

"Cooking," she hummed.

I went near to her and she's frying eggs, bacon, hotdog - she's frying everything on my fridge. "I just thought you how to fry yesterday and you are applying it already." I smiled at her.

"Of course, girls should be the one preparing these things." She excellently fried everything, I think she is really a good cook in her times it just that technology is very different now so she needed some help. But everything was flawless. "Just sit there, let me handle things." 

"What time did you wake up? It seems to me you haven't slept good." I can see a hint of eye bags on her pretty eyes plus she keep on yawning in front of the stove. 

"People back in my time just sleep 3-4 hours," she chuckles.

"Don't lie to me, Shinhye." I laughed back. "Sleep is the type of thing that will never change over the time. Even it will be the end of the world, people will still sleep long."

"You are smart, Jung Yonghwa." She played along. It doesn't really feel that she came from that time, it feels that she was just a country girl came from the city. And we have the same age, I really felt comfortable with her. She placed the food in front of me. "You can just get your coffee, I don't know how to do that," she pointed at the coffee maker. "You haven't teach me how to use that." 

I stand up automatically and placed two cups. "Then don't bother learning, so I will be the one to make." 

She was just grinning. 

"What's that?" I asked, because she placed a loaf of bread on her plate. "Don't tell me you are making a hamburger?" 

"Of course, that's why I fried all of this. Egg, bacon and hotdog and you have cheese filling." She explained like an eight year old kid memorizing the sandwich her Mom has done. 

"Stop stuffing and making burger like food. You are looking like a kid." I gave her one of the cup I made. "You are a beautiful lady, you should act like one." 

She pouted back, "don't you know in my time, I was just sipping bitter teas and biscuits?" 

"You never told me," I answered.

"Well, I told you now." 

"You always win, give me points too." I sipped my coffee. "You always do what you want."

She successfully stuffed all the fried food on the four layered loaf bread. Then she cut it into half. "You don't have to nag me, I will always give you half of this." She placed the other half on the plate and delivered it to me. "Here, I think it's yummy." She stuck her tongue out.


"What do you want to do today?" I asked her, while eating what she had done. And the hamburger-like she made is actually delicious and healthy. 

"I want to sleep today," she yawned. 

"See?" I worriedly said. "I told you I was right. Once you are done eating just let me do the dishes. Go rest."

"Did you sleep well?" Hence, she asked me back. 

"I told you, I have been sleeping soundly ever since you came." I said. "But, that wasn't the point now, Shinhye." 

She sipped her coffee gorgeously, "I heard you stammering like a cold kid after every time you said you are going to sleep." She looked at me. "And magically you go back to your sleep once I held your hand. I don't want to say this but you are getting mad at me now." 

I bit my lip. "What do you mean?" I am worried about her not getting sleep, but it happens that I was the one who's making her like this. "Then why you didn't just wake me up?"

"I prefer not to." She smiled. "I'm thankful that you are having good nights because of me."


I placed my cup on the table as I watch her eating. "This can't continue," I sighed. I don't want her to be like this, she'll wake up and go to my couch until I will be normal. "Can we just sleep in one bed?" I asked her. 
I guess that's the only thing that can solve her sleepless nights.