One Click

One Click

Hankyung scoured the crowd through his little silver camera, grinning at the happiness radiating from the carnival. Everyone was tiny and miniscule through the small square of a screen. Every once in a while, it would go black with a loud "click", notifying Hankyung that a picture had been taken.

Right after one specific click, he was about to move the camera again when a black camera came into view. Hankyung narrowed his eyes at the small, pixelated picture of the man on the screen, his own camera poised in front of his face.

The latter was tall and muscular, a hat hanging off the back of his head. A scarf was looped loosely around his neck. However, Hankyung couldn't see his face since a black camera was blocking him from seeing it. He slowly lowerd his silver camera, his eyes focusing on the man that was standing about thirty feet away from him. The other lowered his own camera, revealing thick eyebrows, large eyes, and a prominent jawline.

Hankyung took a liking to him instantly.

A smile threatened to take over his face when a hesitant, dimpled one began spreading across the stranger's. Hankyung didn't know what came over him to make his way through the crowd towards him, but it was too late to turn back once he stood in front of him.

"Hi." A tentative word escaped the man's lips, coated with a deep, rich voice. Hankyung gave in to a grin of his own, cocking his head slightly to the side.

"Hello." Came the equally quiet reply.

A comfortable silence settled between them, leaving Hankyung to his thoughts. Not an hour before, he had wondered why he was going to this carnival in the first place.

But standing in front of this tall stranger now, he somehow knew that he was the reason. It was an almost magical feeling.

Ten years later, Hankyung lay on the couch with his fingers intertwined with that same person he had met at the carnival, who he now knew as Siwon. Hankyung glanced sideways in the dark room they were in and noticed that his gaze was fixed on the television screen.

He briefly wondered what would have happened if he had chosen not to go to that carnival.

He would've never met this man that was now sitting beside him. He also would have never experienced that magical feeling that had occured that day.

Hankyung squeezed the latter's hand, receiving a comforting squeeze in return. His eyes closed in peace.

It was amazing how one click started it all, and even more amazing how one click had changed his entire future.