Chapter 1

Drunk In Love

It was just like any other morning in EXO dorm, the members were busy doing their mourning routines, not to mention the noisy youngest boys who like to whine to their hyungs.

 

Kyungsoo was in the kitchen making the whole band’s favorite breakfast meal which was pancake with cold maple syrup that’d be served later once the pancakes done, he kept yelling to the younger ones not to be noisy.

“God, Hyung... Look at them, so immature.” Kyungsoo spoke to Minseok, Minseok was there in the kitchen too, he helped Kyungsoo brewing coffee and tea. Minseok just chuckled, Kyungsoo was one of the most thoughtful but without his realization, Minseok saw him as a noisy junior too, he liked to scold people like a mother but sometimes he could be overly quiet as Minseok is.

In the other hand, Kyungsoo was one to be grateful for the existence of Kim Minseok in the band because it is very rare to find someone who is as composed as Minseok in EXO, even Yixing is not as composed as people might think he is, Kyungsoo was grateful Yifan was not the oldest of them all. That would be weird.

“But they are lovely, right?” Minseok said with a smile, Kyungsoo did not reply though he agreed completely.

 

“Hyungie, what are you making?” suddenly the second youngest came into the kitchen, seeing Kyungsoo was busy in front of the stove he went to Minseok and hugged the oldest’s arm, knowing that Kyungsoo hates it to be disturbed when he’s cooking.

“pancakes.” Kyungsoo answered, “Hyung, help me bring the maple syrup from the fridge. The cakes are ready.” He continued, not turning his head from the stove. Minseok gave Jongin a sorry look as he teared the arms-lock between them then walked to the fridge. Minseok could feel the atmosphere in the kitchen tensed a bit, but he told himself not to presume anything.

Jongin pouted, folded his hands and leaned to the table, “Hyung I’m here too, why didn’t you ask me to do it instead?”

Minseok who was grabbing the bottle surprised by the younger’s question and he was sure as hell Kyungsoo did too. Even Minseok realized that Kyungsoo never really treated Jongin the way he treated the younger members, Minseok kept asking Kyungsoo why but the latter refused to answer.

Minseok grabbed the bottle and decided to step in as Kyungsoo seemed lost and couldn’t figure an answer, “now, now Jongin, stop bugging Kyungsoo, go call the others the breakfast is ready.” Minseok swayed his hands to shoo Jongin out the kitchen, Jongin just sighed and pouted but walked out anyway.

Once Minseok believed Jongin was out of ear-shot, he nudged Kyungsoo’s back, he hadn’t turned around. “I think I deserve a thank.” Minseok said with a playful tone, Kyungsoo, still not turning his face to Minseok, replied “I was about to answer but you cut me, I don’t owe you anything.”

Minseok smiled and shrugged, something obviously went wrong but he understood if he was not in place to ask. If Kyungsoo wants to tell then he will, no need to preach.

 

---

“Gege, look at this!” Zitao practically zoomed his cellphone in front of Yifan, showing a post from instagram and it was a picture of a pup, Yifan’s eyes moved to the poster’s username and noticed that it was Zitao’s cousin.

Zitao pulled back his cellphone and went to scroll down the newest posts in his instagram home. “I never had a chance to have a dog, I want one.” Zitao mumbled and Yifan did nothing but stare at the youngest chinese, “you’re not expecting me to buy you one after this, are you?” Yifan asked with a raised eyebrow. Zitao turned his head to the older and grinned, “only if you want to.” And Yifan could only sigh.

 

Junmyeon was walking by the living room and saw the two and kind of overheard the last part, “Huang Zitao, what are you putting Yifan to this time?” Junmyeon asked with a teasing tone and hand on the hip.

Zitao pouted, “I’m not putting him to anything.”

“don’t always call Yifan for everything, you make me feel offended.” Junmyeon joked,

“why do you even feel that way?”

“you always go to Yifan when everything happens it makes me feel kind of useless.” Junmyeon explained, everything was meant to be a joke,

“he’s right, he’s EXO’s leader too, not only me.” Yifan nodded in agreement as he pointed to Junmyeon with his chin.

 

Zitao sighed and stood up, walked to Junmyeon and hugged him from the side, “all right, all right, I will be fair from now on.” The younger snuggled to the korean leader cutely, until a certain chinese member walked by and spotted the scene.

“What happened here?” Yixing asked, afraid that he’d missed an important occasion,

Zitao backed away, he grinned mischievously at Junmyeon and Yixing.

“I’m sorry Yixing Ge but trust me it wasn’t like what it seems.”

Yixing cocked his head “what do you mean?”

In the other hand, Junmyeon who noticed Zitao’s evil tease felt his cheeks warmed up and maybe a little redder, he gave Kris who had always been doing nothing an alarmed gaze and a sign to help him right there.

Kris sighed and stood up from the sofa, “now, now, Huang Zitao, what did I tell you about teasing the elders?” he embraced Zitao’s shoulders and led him away from Junmyeon and Yixing.

 

Now only Junmyeon and Yixing left,

“so?” Yixing raised an eyebrow,

“so?” Junmyeon replied with the same question tone,

Yixing laughed then patted the leader’s back, “let’s go to the kitchen. Kyungsoo has made pancakes for breakfast.”