Final

Let Me Catch You

You are on a restaurant sitting on the chair beside Jiseok, waiting for Jiho. It is the best restaurant in town, according to the three of you. It became your favorite place, and a witness to all your celebrations. Birthdays, graduation, first job, promotion. You had it all there. You are wondering what is up with Jiho now. He called you yesterday asking to block your schedule tonight just so he can show you a surprise.

Of course, you can't say no to him. He is your bestfriend, and not to mention that you are in love with him. You haven't had the courage to tell him your feelings, though. You are afraid that you might just lose the friendship you had for years. You are satisfied to be with him as a friend. For now.

"Did he tell you what's up?" You asked Jiseok. Maybe he knew. He is his brother after all.

But he shook his head. "No. He just called me yesterday sounding so happy. He's like a five year old who received a lollipop."

You chuckled. "Typical Jiho."

Not long after, you spotted Jiho entering the restaurant. You smiled as he scanned the room to look where you are seated. But your smile did not last long and turned into a bit of a frown. You watched him walk towards your table... with a girl in tow.

"Hey!" Jiho cheerfully greeted the two of you. "Sorry to keep you waiting." He said before pulling the chair in front of you for the girl to sit down. He sat on the other one in front of Jiseok afterwards.

The waiter went to your table and took your orders before Jiho finally introduced the girl.

"So..." He cleared his throat. "The reason why I called you guys here is because..." He grinned. "I want you to meet my girlfriend, Jinri."

Girlfriend. Hearing it crashed your heart, feeling it broke into millions of pieces. You shifted uncomfortably in your seat, but was able to fake a smile.

"Oh, nice to meet you Jinri-sshi." You told the girl with the friendliest tone you can make at this time. You don't want to be rude, and the last thing you want right now is to make Jiho notice your disappointment and jealousy.

"You don't have to be so formal to me." She told you. "Jiho said that we have the same age. Besides, you two are bestfriends, right? Let's be friends as well."

You slightly chuckled. Still, a fake one.

Looking at her, you felt yourself so inferior. She is so pretty. Her brown wavy hair complements her face perfectly. She has cute eye smile. And, the two of them look so good together.

The conversation went on until your food came. Jiho kept on talking even when eating, and you can see how happy he is to introduce his girlfriend to his brother and his bestfriend.

Yes. Bestfriend. That's all you are to him.

Little did you know, a pair of eyes is watching you closely. He clearly saw how uncomfortable you became at the mention of the girl's relationship with Jiho. He noticed all your fake smiles, and shared the same feeling of sadness of a one-sided love.

Jiho wrapped his arm around Jinri's waist as he pecked her on the lips. You can't help but to be jealous. You have been wanting to be the one in his arms all this time. Seeing the lovey-dovey couple in front of you, you faked a cough and quickly excused yourself to the washroom. That is the only way you can think of right now to escape this situation.

As soon as you locked the door to the washroom, tears started rolling down your cheeks. You expected this night to be fun with Jiho and Jiseok, but ended up crying all alone. You quickly took some tissue and carefully wiped the tears away, noting to yourself that nobody should know that you cried. You took a deep breath before deciding to go back to your table, thinking of an excuse so you can go home right away.

"I'm sorry to say this, but I think I need to leave early." You told the other three.

"Why?" Jiho asked.

"My stomach is not cooperating." You turned your gaze to Jinri. "I'm really sorry, but you guys enjoy the night, okay?" You forced another smile.

Jiseok stood up and took your arm gently. "Come on. I'll send you home."

"No need to worry. I'll be fine." You assured him. "I just live nearby, did you forget already?"

"Come on. Don't try to turn me down now. And I don't wanna be the third wheel, you know?" He chuckled.

You smiled at him. "Okay, okay."

Both of you bid goodbye to Jiho and his girlfriend, and went to the parking lot afterwards. You took the seatbelt to put it on, but was stopped by Jiseok's hand. You looked at him confused by his actions.

"Let it out." He said while looking straight in your eyes.

"Huh?"

"I know that you're crying inside. Let it all out. Don't worry, it's just me who can see and hear you right now. No one else. You don't have to keep your feelings to yourself. I'm here."

"W-What are y-you saying?" You asked him, stunned at what he just told you.

He looked away. "You love Jiho." 

You widened your eyes. "H-How did..."

He cut you off. "I was watching closely. You're jealous. You're sad. You're heartbroken."

Reminding you of what happened earlier, you started crying again for the second time tonight. You felt your tears on your cheeks. Suddenly, Jiseok hugged you.

"Let it all out. After this, I don't want to see you cry anymore." He softly said.

"I hate this. I hate falling in love with someone who just sees me as a friend." You rant as you cry in Jiseok's arms.

He patted your head and hugged you tighter. "I know. I know the feeling."

"Huh?" You pulled away and looked at his face.

"One-sided love. I know how it feels." He made a sad smile. You can see right through his eyes that he is hurting inside.

"Jiseok..." You don't know what to say. It's the first time that you talked with him about love.

He wiped your tears on your cheeks with his thumbs. "Are you done crying? Have you let it all out?"

You looked down. "Yeah, I think so." After what Jiseok told you, you don't feel so alone anymore. You did not imagine that even a person as amazing as him would experience the pain that love brings.

He placed his finger under your chin to make you look back at him before leaning closer. "Then, will you give me the chance to take the pain away?"