{1/1}

Not a Bad Thing

Said all I want is to see you tomorrow.

 

Yixing had a sudden urge to see Kim Joonmyeon, the Korean Theatre major who is in his art history class and despite this Yixing only sees the boy once a week - on a Thursday to be exact.

 

With this new found urge, he dials his number even though it was 2am and the other might be sleeping or studying, Yixing isn't a stalker Suho's roommate Jongdae told him, he dials the other's number. Its on the fifth ring that Joonmyeon answers.

 

“Hello?”

 

His heart skips a beat when Joonmyeon answers, "Joonmyeon..." he lets the name toll off his tongue. He can get used to saying it more often.

 

“Who’s this?” the Korean boy answers and his words slur, he’s pretty much still sleep.

 

Yixing does everything he can to refrain from teasing and cooing at the boy. He sounds so cute. “Its Yixing, I was wondering if you’d like to hang out with me tomorrow?”

 

The line is silent and he wonders if Joonmyeon fell asleep on him.

 

“Joonmyeon,” he calls out again “if this is a bad time -”

 

“No no, its okay. Sure, text me the details in the morning.” Joonmyeon cuts him off.

 

“Really?” Yixing is so ecstatic he bolts and sits upright on the bed. “Thank you and okay. Goodnight!” he says.

 

“Goodnight. Sweet dreams Yixing” he says before the line goes dead and the Chinese boy pretends that the “Sweet dreams” didn’t make his heart palpitate.

 

He’s so high on cloud nine, he doesn’t get any sleep that night, thinking of places to take Joonmyeon and imaging how their date-not-so-date would go.

 

I know people make promises all the time then turn right around and break them

 

True to his word Yixing texts Joonmyeon the details of the date in the morning. In the end, he thinks a simple 8pm movie and some ice cream would be sufficient enough.

 

When that time rolls around Joonmyeon is alone with no Yixing in sight, no calls, no text. The Korean male leaves the cinema very pissed off and truly disappointed, he was actually looking forward to getting to know Yixing.

 

While said boy is knocked out cold on the couch in his dorm due to lack of sleep and a very intense dance practice. It’s Joonmyeon who finds him in this condition and grabs a blanket and puts it over him

 

Though he originally went over to his dorm to give him a piece of his mind for standing him up, and hoping to hang out there instead to make up for the ruined movie plans, he doesn’t have the heart to stay mad at the boy or wake him up.

 

He leaves the apartment, but he’s not so pissed off anymore because Yixing’s sleeping face is so peaceful and stunningly handsome even if he had a little drool running down his jaw. Joonmyeon thinks its so cute though.

 

Its not until a week later Yixing gets the balls to approach him again after their art history class.

 

“Joonmyeon!” Yixing calls out to him

 

Joonmyeon turns around so fast at the sound of his name. “Yes?”

 

Yixing’s voice is caught in his throat because Joonmyeon is so good looking, it takes his breath away literally, also adding to the fact he didn’t know what to tell the boy after missing their movie date? Can he call it that? “I’m sorry about last week. I fell asleep, I was so tired from staying up late and there was dance practice, I didn’t mean to stand you up. I hope you didn’t wait long.”

 

The chinese boy is rambling and his face is red from embarrassment. He pulls his bottom lip between his teeth and Joonmyeon guesses its a nervous habit.

 

“Its okay” he tells the male. He flashes him a small, toothy smile.

 

“Let me make it up to you,” Yixing says quickly “please”

 

Joonmyeon just can’t tell him no. Why would he? He wanted this too. He agrees to go on their next date but not official date.

 

Two months later they go on their real date and its simple. A stroll in Yongsan Park after dinner, they sit on the big bench and a gentle breeze blows and its a little chilly but when Joonmyeon hugs Yixing, the warmth that surges through him blocks out the cold.

 

Joonmyeon tells him how its a bad thing to fall in love with people who breaks promises, granted that Yixing only broke a promise once.

 

 

Its not a bad thing to fall in love with me though” Yixing counters.

 

 

Joonmyeon disagrees though. Who wants to fall in love with someone who falls asleep on their “first” date?