Chanyeol x OC

EXO One-Shot Collection

One-Shot Requested by: 61chanyeolminded

 

6 months.

 

It had been 6 months since Y/N started dating Chanyeol. Chanyeol was the best boyfriend ever. He gave Y/N everything that she wanted, cared for her, and most importantly, loved her deeply. Y/N felt like she was the luckiest woman on earth, except for the fact that she felt that Chanyeol treated her not like a woman, but a girl who knew nothing about marriage.

 

“Why can’t we get married? It’s been 6 months already!” Y/N pestered.

 

“Y/N ah, what’s the rush? I’ll still be here for you even if we don’t get married!” Chanyeol said while walking away from her. He was getting frustrated as each minute passed by, as Y/N had been talking about this topic for quite some time already.

 

After Chanyeol said that, Y/N became very quiet. Tears were b in her eyes, ready to fall out anytime. Growing uneasy at the increasing silence, Chanyeol turned around to get a glimpse at Y/N to see if she was all right. Guilt rose up to his chest when he saw Y/N’s hurt look, and he tried thinking of ways to apologize Y/N.

 

“I guess you never really loved me did you?” Y/N accused, as tears started streaming down her face.

 

Chanyeol was angered; not just angered, but extremely furious. What did Y/N think of him to be? Did she seriously think that he was just playing with her the whole time? The more he thought about it, the more upset and infuriated he was.

 

“Stop acting so immature! Getting married isn’t everything! Did you seriously think that I was playing with you the whole time? This is ridiculous!” With that, Chanyeol left stomping out of the house.

 

Walking away from Y/N that day was one of the worst mistakes Chanyeol had done in his whole entire life.  It signified the end of his relationship, his happiness. He blamed himself for being so hotheaded; if only he had calmed down and talk to Y/N regarding why he did not think it was time for them to marry yet. Although he knew this matter wasn’t entirely his fault, he still regretted his actions.

 

Unfortunately, as the saying goes, “What’s done is done.” There was no way Chanyeol could turn back time to take back his words. He wanted to apologize to Y/N for walking out on her, but no matter how he tried, he could not get in touch with Y/N. Her phone number, address…everything had changed.


2 years had passed, with no news of Y/N.


A part of Chanyeol still hoped that Y/N would return to his side. He missed the dates with Y/N, the food Y/N cooked for him, the hugs and kisses they shared together, but…all those would never happen again. They would remain as memories forever– nothing more.

 

It was then he received a letter on that fateful day, when he realized that it was time to forget Y/N once and for all.  He would be lying to himself if he said that his heart did not clench in pain when reading the letter, because his heart did. “I have to be strong, I can’t cry…” Chanyeol constantly reminded himself, but who was he kidding? His face was already smudged with tears, eyes puffy from crying.


He stood far away from the Wedding Chapel, admiring her in the wedding dress. She looked so stunning, to the point that he almost could not recognize her.  Her wedding gown emphasized her elegant figure, her small waist that he used to wrap my arms around.

 

A pair of arms slipped onto her waist and hugged her close to him. Y/N smiled at him lovingly, and so did the guy hugging her. This time, Chanyeol did not feel jealousy in himself anymore. After receiving the letter from Y/N that day, he had made up his mind– to forget about Y/N.

 

A smile tugged at Chanyeol’s face as he tore the letter that Y/N wrote to him into slips. Leaving the letter wouldn’t do him any good; he had to forget about Y/N and move on.

 

“I wish you all the best, Y/N.” Turning around, Chanyeol walked away, never looking back again.

 

As he left, a slip of paper that he had torn fell onto the ground.

 

“I loved you, Chanyeol.” It read.