Soothe

Soothe

Bambam was stalled every time Yugyeom would ask if he could rest a bit on his lap. Like a desperate plea, he cannot turn down a friend’s request. He would carefully pet the latter’s hair until he falls completely asleep. Bambam would feel really happy when Yugyeom could comfortably rest because of him, even for just a short while.

 

JB initiated the practice to resume after Youngjae got back with the refreshments he bought from the nearest convenience store. After a few chats the others stood up and propped themselves for another round of training.

 

“JB-hyung, what shall we do with him? Should I wake him up?”

 

“Let him rest.”

 

After two more hours of non-stop dancing and singing, Bambam’s eyes began to droop so he leaned back against the wall. Resisting the urge to sleep, he blinked and rubbed his eyes. Slowly the practice room’s atmosphere became sullen and everyone was so tired that not a single word is uttered. All you can hear were heavy pants and sighs. Bambam gazed through the empty space and checked how Yugyeom was doing. He looked like a baby sound asleep. He felt a bit envious and pitiful at the same time.

 

He knew that Yugyeom had to work twice as hard as the others to cover for his shortcomings. Though he is young and his energy is still at its peak, studying and training are two complicated things to do at the same time. And handling both, Bambam knew the struggles Yugyeom was already facing. But how he handles things with a bright smile, Bambam had always liked how the younger could do such.

 

 JB knew that they could not continue with this kind of feeling so he decided to conclude the practice for today and resume it after s had some decent rest.

 

“Okay! Everyone, time to rest! Wash up before you sleep so that your rooms wouldn’t smell like sweat, okay?” JB’s voice echoed clearly through the practice room, followed by a high pitched bawl from Jackson and Youngjae. Bambam smiled in relief, he felt that if they would do another run, his muscles would collapse and tear down.

 

Everyone was grabbing their bags and was about to go when Bambam realized that Yugyeom was still sleeping. He put his bag down and approached the younger. The other members on the other hand, like in queue, stopped and followed Bambam.

 

“JB-hyung, should we wake him up?” Youngjae said as he looked at how peaceful their youngest member is sleeping. He doesn’t want to wake him up, but they had to get back to the dorm. It does not like they could leave him behind and let him sleep alone at the practice room.

 

“He looked damn cute when he’s sleeping like this. HAHA! It feels like you want to cuddle him and pet him,” Jackson jokingly said. Mark and Jinyoung nodded in synch in agreement to what Jackson said and they started making weird faces mimicking Jackson petting Yugyeom, missing the small glares Bambam was throwing to them.

 

“Hey stop crowing around him, you act as if it was your first time seeing him sleeps like that.” JB ushered as he paved his way going to the young boy. He was about to wake him up but when he saw the small lop-sided smile Yugyeom was making as he was sleeping, he felt a bit guilty, “I mean, how he can comfortably sleep here in this sofa?”

 

Then Bambam placed his hand on JB’s shoulder.

 

“I’ll accompany him hyung. Just give me a few minutes. You guys can go back to the dorm already.”

 

“Are you sure?”

 

Bambam nods and laughed a bit when he saw Jackson making a weird face. The others quickly head back to their dorm leaving the two behind. Bambam knelt down and stared at the sleeping Yugyeom. Serenely watching how calm the latter is resting, he gently brushed a few strand of hair away from the younger’s face, letting the back of his hand linger a little on Yugyeom’s soft puffy cheeks before pulling away.

 

He crutched himself comfortably by sitting, back leaning against the sofa where Yugyeom was sleeping. He fixed his hair a bit and brows on his hand phone.  

 

“To tell you honestly, sometimes I like getting caught in situations like this with you...” Bambam kept his phone back on his bag and twisted his upper torso so that he could see Yugyeom’s face. He put his elbow on the sofa and propped it so that he could rest his head on it, “I feel like these are the few moments where I could do something for you. It had always been you looking out for me, and I feel like it’s a bit unfair because I can do nothing in return, even though I am older.”

 

He stood up and gently leaned forward to plant a kiss on the younger’s forehead, “I know you have been through a lot of stress lately. You know you could always talk to me, even for the most random things, I will listen. You can always count on me Yeom...”

Bambam moved his face away and started fixing Yugyeom’s stuff. He carefully placed them on the younger’s knapsack before putting the backpack on. He positioned himself as he carefully sticks in one of his arms under Yugyeom’s legs and the other under his upper torso. Trying to stand up, it was a struggle for him because Yugyeom was taller and much heavier than him.

 

Wiping off the sweat on his forehead, he thought of a better idea. He later then positioned Yugyeom to sit on the sofa. Then, he wrapped the younger’s arm around his neck area and held the guy’s thigh. Putting him on his back would be more convenient since Yugyeom was really tall. Slowly he stood up and shuffled going to their dorm. And yes, Yugyeom was still sleeping like a rock.

 

“You are quite lucky that I am being nice to you, eh. How many of your other friends would constantly carry you back to bed if you slack like this, especially when you are this tall and heavy?” Bambam said jokingly as he heavily pants, careful not to hit Yugyeom’s head on the door frame as they enter their dorm. It was really quite, it seems like they are already sound asleep. They entered their room and Bambam positioned himself so that Yugyeom could lay his back on the bed. He bent backwards and then let go of his hold on the younger’s legs. Then he breathed a sigh of relief.

“Don’t you know you are really heavy?” he cackled a bit.

 

Hastily, he grabbed a piece of fresh shirt from Yugyeom’s cabinet so that the younger could change. He lifted Yugyeom’s shirt gently and slipped the white shirt he’s holding. Then Yugyeom shifted and grabbed him on his side. Bambam is now tangled on Yugyeom’s tight grip. It was so fixed like a bear’s hug that he gave up resisting.

 

“Hey, are you awake?”

 

But Yugyeom gave no response. He just hugged him like that. Bambam can feel his face is already flushed red, and heat is already seething from his face. He shifted his body to face Yugyeom and the latter let go of his hug.

 

“I am always here, do you know that?” Bambam whispered, as he admired Yugyeom’s cheeks and pinkish lips. He loved how he felt, being so close like this to him; almost feeling each other’s heartbeat, almost sharing each other’s breath.

 

“So please, don’t change. Okay?”

 

Bambam flashed a weak smile before burying his face on the younger’s chest. He can feel Yugyeom’s arms held him tighter. So he rest himself on the younger’s arms.

 

“Thank you.”

 

Bambam heard Yugyeom’s weak voice. But he needed not to reply, he just hugged him back tighter and it would explain everything well.

 

The night breeze was not that warm after all, and the skies were not that bright. The moon was not showing itself and hiding under thick layers of cloud. The night sky was sullen and the stars are hiding on its shade. It was not the perfect night but as they say, you just need the right person to make everything perfect.