Two

Your Personal Bodyguard (ft. Tao)

“Noooooona!” a whiny voice echoed through the practice room, making you sigh for the nth time.

“No, Tao, whatever it is, fill up your drink bottle yourself, get your towel yourself, change the song yourself,” you called back, not even bothering to turn around to confront the source of your annoyance.

You heard more moping and muttering, as Tao dragged himself to complete whatever task he'd wanted you to do for him instead. It amazed you how your boyfriend could go from being a fierce martial arts fighter to essentially acting like a child trapped in an adult's body. You tried to take your mind off him, as you worked on your dance routine in front of the mirror, perfecting every last turn and twist. You were shocked out of your concentration when you heard a high-pitched shriek and the sound of a chair being knocked to the ground. Rushing to the source of the sound, you found Tao on the floor, clutching his ankle. He simply pouted at you, and said "Noona, this is what happens when you don't help me reach the top shelf."

You sighed deeply, heading over to your boyfriend to pick him up. You could tell from the occassional genuine wince or whimper that he was actually hurting, but of course, he made sure to whine even more than necessary to make you feel as guilty as possible. You wrapped up his ankle in the best way you could, then helped him limp into a taxi from the SM building to take him back to his dorm. 

Back at his dorm, you resigned yourself to the role of being his personal caretaker. You fetched lollies for him, a hotpack and popped his favourite movie into the DVD player. As Tao settled into his fourth snack of the afternoon, a chocolate milkshake you'd prepared, you finally took a break from caring to his needs to snuggle with him instead. As much attitude and sass you give him for his rather childish behaviour, deep down inside, you are always concerned for him. People as gentle, emotional and fragile as him are rare to come by, making you extremely protective of your sweet boyfriend. Tao snapped you out of this little reverie with a quiet "Thank you baobei..."

You looked at him, and weren't surprised at all to see tears b in his eyes. That's what you loved about this boy. The smallest gestures of care meant so much to him and he had no problem expressing this. 

"Let's just say we're even, yeah? You're my personal bodyguard - " you began.

"And you're my personal nurse!" he finished excitedly, comfortably snuggling into your neck.