The Kite Above the Trees (ft. Sehun)

The Kite Above the Trees (ft. Sehun)

You jogged at a leisurely pace through your favourite park, relishing in the dim morning light. This was your daily habit, getting up before anyone else and simply getting some exercise whilst enjoying the sights your city had to offer that most people ignored in the hustle and bustle of modern life. The river beside you twinkled and shone, the birds were just beginning to wake up, and you felt invigorated. Amongst the trees, you saw a chequered purple kite rising up, twirling elegantly yet playfully. You smiled at the sight: someone else had also gotten up super early to enjoy some time in the park. But suddenly, you stopped dead in your tracks. There was no breeze today… the air was absolutely still… how was this person flying a kite? The thoughts rushed through your head, confusing you, scaring you and intriguing you all at once. As you continued to watch the kite, it began doing complicated tricks, twirls and manoeuvres. Oookay, you thought. That is definitely impossible. Tugged by your natural curious instinct, you began trying to trace your way to where you guessed this person was flying the kite from. Peeking from behind a tree, you observed the young man flying the kite. He had an elegant frame, tall and slender. His features were sharp and mesmerising: this boy could be a model. He would’ve been intimidating and cold had it not been for the childish smile plastered on his lips as he controlled the kite. But that’s when you noticed… he was literally controlling the kite. Every now and then he’d lightly flick his wrist, as if he was the conductor of an orchestra, guiding the path of the kite. Sometimes he’d puff out his cheeks and blow out a light gust of air that seemed to have a huge effect on the kite, throwing it into beautiful spins. Eventually he seemed finished with his leisure time, letting the kite fall to to the ground and beginning to pack it up. You had been so amazed by the spectacle you witnessed that without even thinking, you stepped out from behind the tree and began clapping. The boy shot up, eyes widening and mouth turning into a little ‘o’ of surprise. He slowly began backing away, clearly scared that he had been caught.

"No no no! Don’t run, please! That was.. amazing," you called out desperately to him, reaching out a hand and willing him to stay. This boy was simply too incredible to scare off like this. 

You beamed at his now relaxed expression, as he gingerly took a few steps closer.

"You thought… that that was amazing? Not freaky or scary?" he asked, self-doubt evident on his face.

You vigorously shook your head, wanting him to realise what a great gift he had.

"That was beautiful and you should be proud…" you trailed off, suddenly shy under the intensity of his somewhat loving gaze.

"I’m Sehun!" he grinned at you, his nervousness seeming to dissipate as he felt accepted by you. 

You introduced yourself too, to which he eagerly replied “Can I show you some other stuff too?” 

You couldn’t help but fall in love with his childish enthusiasm as he ran around the park, showing you all sorts of tricks like blowing leaves around, pushing you on the swing without actually using his hands to push you and making the water of the nearby river ripple. Soon enough, your early morning shenanigans in the park became a regular tradition between the two of you.