Part 1

Camera Ready: Shoot!

“You want me to what?”

Byun Baekhyun’s eyes were wide and his mouth agape as he stared at Park Chanyeol for a grand total of six seconds before finally deciding that drooling over his new professional DSLR camera that the latter had just bought wouldn’t make him happy. Not one bit.

He glared at the camera, then at Chanyeol, giving them both an accusing look.

Chanyeol waited for him to come down from his out of body experience, whistling as Baekhyun bit his bottom lip and turned the camera this way and around, just to see if the Sony Alpha A99 was really in his hands.

“So?” Chanyeol sat across from him, drumming his fingers in the manner he knew irritated Baekhyun. The older threw him a dirty look.

“You want me to be an official photographer of a loser group, specifically a losing basketball player,” Baekhyun deadpanned, laying the camera gently in front of Chanyeol. He shook his head ruefully. “No ing no.”

“Even if I give you this camera?” Chanyeol raised a suggestive eyebrow, using that low voice Baekhyun often deemed unprofessional for his line of work. He can’t just have his way with his employees by using that godly y voice of his.

Baekhyun huffed in annoyance. “A camera that pretty would be a waste if not used to capture actual beauties in life,” Baekhyun argued, eyes glued to the camera because oh my damn, he could never afford such technology even if he sold his balls for it. Not that anyone would be interested in buying.

Chanyeol heaved a breath and looked at Baekhyun with a perfectly serious face and a perfectly professional voice. “Look, Baekhyun. We are the official photographers of NBA, our company’s work is to provide people from all over the world with good shots of every play possible no matter which team it is—winning or losing. And you know, Oh Sehun is still a legend, even if he’s having a hard time getting his team to the play-offs.”

“I know that,” Baekhyun countered, matching Chanyeol’s professionalism with his own. They could go like this all day—one second and Baekhyun was Chanyeol’s whiny best friend, then the next second they were the most civilized and professional employees of EXO Images Inc. You could never tell when it is or when is that. “But you could have assigned me to a team that will give this camera and my skills some justice! I can actually tolerate Lebron James, just—just not Oh Sehun okay?”

Chanyeol rolled his eyes and scratched his , a habit so impolite Baekhyun wondered if he sometimes slips up with this habit in front of a client. “Miami is in good hands,”

“Good hands as in Kim Jongin’s hands?” it was Baekhyun’s time to roll his eyes, for Chanyeol had long got the hots for this obviously uninterested guy, but had it in the hard head of his not to give up. He wanted to smack the brunette for such stupidity, and smack he did. Chanyeol gave him an indignant look. “Hey I’m still your boss!”

“Then I’d photograph for Spurs, or Thunders, or Pacers—just,”

Chanyeol took the camera from his desk and reached for its box on the floor. “I guess I’d have to offer this camera to someone else then—”

“No!” Baekhyun cried, plunging into Chanyeol’s desk to take the camera of his dreams. Chanyeol let him.

“I’ll do it,” Baekhyun finally conceded, sullen. He hiccupped and pointed a pretty finger at Chanyeol. “But after this conference I am not photographing for the worst franchise in NBA’s history ever again,”

Chanyeol grinned a toothy grin and gave Baekhyun a thumbs-up. “Fair enough.”

-

Baekhyun swore he could play better basketball than this loser franchise. He wondered how they can still be one of the wealthiest franchises in the whole state of America. Sure, they had won 4 championships before, and made it to the finals countless of times, but Los Angeles Lakers were long past their glorious days. They had to accept the fact that there is a better and still getting better team now, courtesy of Kris Wu. And Oh Sehun was not just at his best after numerous injuries anymore.

Baekhyun perked up and immediately put an eye over the lens of his camera as Oh Sehun got away from Chris Bosh and was sprinting for a fastbreak—

—which he stupidly missed.

How could someone even miss that?

There was no one chasing after him and he just had to do an easy layup—instead, he decided to show off, spun, then tried to dunk and—missed. Baekhyun swore that if he was Oh Sehun, he’d probably be crawling in a cave right now never to resurface again. But Oh Sehun just stood there, laughing, as if he could not believe what happened himself. His teammates tried to laugh it off, but it was actually evident they’re pretty pissed off.

Baekhyun saw Jordan Hill give Oh Sehun’s back a dirty finger—he really couldn’t blame him.

Baekhyun pushed the review button on his camera and was enamoured at the beauty of the shot courtesy by him. Oh Sehun’s long, lanky limbs were just poised the right way; the tilt of his head to look at the basket emphasized his defined jaw and sweat-covered face. If someone were to see this picture, someone who didn’t watch the game, they would probably imagine a different story, a different outcome for the picture. It was the beginning of a beautiful dunk, of a highlight that will surely mark the NBA history—if only Oh Sehun had made it.

He sighed and stored the picture in his trash folder. It might be a little rude to post it in the internet, with everyone probably hearing about the failed attempt.

Later on, as Oh Sehun guarded Lebron James, his mouth set in a determined line, sacrificing his body to make the shot difficult for his nemesis, Baekhyun snapped another picture of determined face and mentally noted to make another folder full of Sehun’s face, whether or not he make the shot.

-

Baekhyun dragged his lazy to the Laker’s and Pacer’s game, already knowing what the result of this game would be.

Chanyeol had just granted him a pass to the court’s sidelines, where he could take good pictures at better angles. (What do you think you’re doing taking pictures of their backs?!!! The people need to see their faces, their actions and—Baekhyun had left before Chanyeol could finish his rant)

He’s sitting crossed legged beside Laker’s basket, hands poised in his camera just in case the loser group actually managed a beautiful difficult shot worth of Baekhyun’s attention.

So far Baekhyun got nothing but mediocre shots, courtesy of the Pacer’s impenetrable defences. Maybe he should take a picture of other teams as well, show it to Chanyeol and maybe he would yield to assign Baekhyun to another team. Maybe.

Oh Sehun was making a mad dash for the basket once more, having been able to break away from Westbrooks’s arms. This time, Baekhyun knew Sehun was aiming for an easy layup, knowing that their team is down by 15 in the last two minutes of action.

The basketball player ducked and leaned forward and—

—dove headfirst on the floor, knocking Baekhyun breathless on the ground.

It all happened so fast Baekhyun didn’t even have the time to blink his eyes. The impact of Sehun’s fall sent Baekhyun’s body backward as well, tumbling clumsily at the impact and losing his grip on his camera.

The sound of his camera crashing on the floor was swallowed by the crowd’s noise. Sehun’s heavy body was still atop him, weighing him down. He felt the hard muscles of his chest against his own and the sour scent of his sweat. Baekhyun tipped his head to the side and almost crashed his lips on Sehun’s own.

The basketball player blinked at him. Baekhyun stared, horrified and intimidated all at once. Sehun looked so young and pretty, his straight nose a strand of hair away from Baekhyun’s cheek, his eyelashes were legit long, straight and dark, contrasting his pale skin. His red lips were open just slightly to help him take a breath. Sehun blinked again, and Baekhyun seemed to be reminded of the situation. “Ohmygosh get off me!”

Sehun did, the assistant coaches of Lakers helping him up to his feet. He limped back to the bench without giving Baekhyun another glance.

The photographer swallowed, trying to catch his breath and thinking: from where was hereally winded down? From being knocked off the ground or from Sehun’s too-close for comfort face or just his pretty face altogether? Baekhyun pinched his arms to knock some sense to his system.

He hoisted himself up and winced when something dig on his palm that he used for leverage.

.

“,” he voiced out, seeing the shards of glass pooling beside his leg while the others dig into his palm. He stared at the ing expensive but now broken camera, horror-struck and really fearing for his pay cheque and Chanyeol’s wrath.

He gathered the scattered parts on the floor and attempted to piece it back. Of course, it still remained broken.

He felt hot water sting his eyes but pushed it back. He was so not going to cry in public because of some damned camera.

A fellow photographer from a different company went up to him and helped him get the other pieces back. He gave him a sympathetic look. “You okay? That camera was really expensive.”

Baekhyun tried not to get annoyed and forced a strangled laugh to be polite. “Damn right it is.”

The poor photographer just nodded in sympathy and made his way back to his place, snapping a photo for his team. Baekhyun put the parts on his bag and looked over the Laker’s bench where Oh Sehun was sitting. Their head coach was arguing with the referee that he should have called a foul.

Baekhyun glared at the top of Sehun’s bent down head and gritted his teeth.

He’ll make him pay for this.

-

Baekhyun didn’t know which way exactly he should go. He sneaked in the locker room inside Laker’s home court and had to hide ten times, ducking from table to table, hiding from locker to locker. If someone sees him, he’s in a much bigger trouble than he already was.

He arrived at the changing room and found it almost empty. His hope deflated like a hot air balloon grazing the tip of a needle and was about to turn back when he saw a figure hunched in the farthest part of the room, head hang low, clutching a jersey on his hand. The hair was dark and glossy, and his hands were milky white and slender. Baekhyun could not believe his luck.

He entered the room and locked the door behind him, cracking his knuckles as he walked towards the man. Oh Sehun looked up at the sound of the approaching footsteps. “What—” He said just in time for Baekhyun to pounce on him, one hand clutching his head while the other punched his shoulders. Sehun almost lost his balance on the bench when Baekhyun climbed on his lap, slapping and punching Sehun with every inch of energy left of him. Sehun caught his hands after making sense of the situation.

Baekhyun flailed and struggled in his grip, angry face hissing on him as he bounced up and down Sehun’s lap. The basketball player has the audacity to laugh. “Stop—” he started, almost wheezing in laughter. “You look like you’re riding me and if you seriously want to we could go to a hotel and I can you senseless and make you ride me until you’re sore—”

Baekhyun didn’t have to hear all of it, he spat on Sehun’s face. The man pushed him off the ground, hands blindly searching for a towel to wipe his face. Baekhyun hissed in pain at the contact of his on the hard floor. He kicked at Sehun’s shin and rose to his feet.

“Motherer!”

“I don’t my mother but I can you—”

Baekhyun kicked him again and balled his fists, once again ready to pounce. Sehun rose to his feet and slammed him on the wall before he was able to do inflict any more physical damage. He lifted Baekhyun’s arms in the air and pinned him on the nearest locker, face so  close it’s almost touching Baekhyun’s cheek. The smaller man shuddered, remembering how this person was an athlete, and despite this lanky figure, he was still so much stronger than him. “Ready for some huh?”

Baekhyun acted on pure impulse (when did he never?) and banged his forehead against Sehun. The man didn’t even budge and just stared at him curiously.

Baekhyun’s arms were aching so he shouted, “Let me go or I swear I’m going to scream !”

Sehun laughed at him as if he’s the most amusing creature he has ever met. He probably was. “And you think that will help you? If the other players came back here and found a pretty little doll coming in our lair, we’d probably just you until you pass out and kill yourself out of shame.”

Goosebumps made its way to Baekhyun’s skin despite his attempts to put on a brave facade. He squirmed out of Sehun’s grip until he finally released him, heaving a sigh and going back to his unattended bag.

“Don’t you think you should pay for my camera,” it was not a question. Sehun looked up from where he was arranging his things. He raised an eyebrow. “And why will I do that?”

“Because you were the one who broke it!” Baekhyun cried, throwing his hands up in exasperation. He could not believe the lack of sensibility of this man.

Sehun continued arranging his bag like he hadn’t heard Baekhyun. Baekhyun made his way towards him and slapped his chest. “Yah!”

He didn’t stop until Sehun, for the second time, caught his wrist and gripped it harshly; Baekhyun knew the blood wouldn’t be able to flow to his hands. He gave the taller male a defiant glare. Sehun stared at him quietly.

He seemed to study Baekhyun for a moment, taking in his soft features, a total contrast against his sharp ones, yet he was challenging Sehun aggressively, putting on as much effort as he can muster. Sehun thought he’s beautiful in a cute little cub way.

“What.” Baekhyun squirmed again, this time, not from his grip but from the weight of his stare. The taller male seemed to snap out of his thoughts. He reached on the front pocket of the angry photographer and took his phone out while his other hand gripped both Baekhyun’s wrist to keep him immobile.

“What asdfghjkl—” Baekhyun made incomprehensible noises at the back of his throat, a blush creeping from his neck to his face. Sehun took out his phone and punched in his number.

“Tomorrow, 4pm, Grandeur, Los Angeles shopping mall,” he released Baekhyun’s wrist and patted Baekhyun’s cheek like how he pats a . He left the changing room without another word.

Baekhyun just stared at his phone in horror. Had he just been asked out on a date with the legendary loser basketball player of Los Angeles Lakers?

-

Baekhyun fidgeted and paced back in forth a good distance away from Grandeur. Truth be told, Baekhyun arrived thirty minutes earlier because he was just that excited nervous about this. He told himself he was here for the sole purpose of discussing the damages Sehun had done to his camera and was looking for a compromise. He hid behind a pillar where he can see who enters the restaurant where he couldn’t be seen. It was finally time for Sehun and Baekhyun to meet up, but Baekhyun decided to show up late just to be an . Who knows? Sehun might just be toying with him and has no plan of showing up. Baekhyun wouldn’t be able to take the humiliation.

He was nervously watching his clock minute per minute since 4’oclock as his anxiety grew by the lack of Sehun’s presence. He did not dress up, cross his heart.

“Do you need more lookouts?”

Baekhyun jumped in surprise, eyes wide as he turned towards the owner of the voice. Standing there, with all his glory, was Oh Sehun dressed in a simple apple green polo shirt in a pair of royal blue skinny pants that hugged his slender legs so sweetly it should be immoral. Baekhyun gulped because 1. He was so busted, 2. Oh Sehun was ing gorgeous and 3. He was royally overdressed and yet not as pretty as Sehun. He made these gurgling noises at the back of his throat and gave a constipated smile towards the amused athlete.

Sehun’s eyes raked his body from head to toe, then went backward—

“Hi! What a coincidence, meeting you here!” Baekhyun sputtered. Sehun raised an eyebrow and Baekhyun wanted to facepalm because where the hell is my ing brain when I need it?

“Umm, how long have you been standing there?”

“Long enough to know that you came thirty minutes earlier to spy on me and arrange your hair every minute—”

“Please stop—” Baekhyun wanted for a fire to burn him alive now.

“—and wow I never thought you’d put so much effort in dressing, I’m ashamed, I’m only in a pair of comfortable—”

Baekhyun buried his face on the pillar. “I don’t want to hear it—”

“—clothes and you were debating whether to call me or not in fear that I won’t show up.”

Baekhyun, so to speak, was now slumped into the floor, a puddle of liquidated embarrassment. Sehun hoisted him up by his underarms (he hoped it wasn’t wet!) and led him towards the restaurant where he can continue embarrassing himself.

-

“—and my boss was a ing for—” Baekhyun stopped. “Holy !”

Sehun frowned at him. “What?”

“I am telling you my biography and I don’t even like you and—buy me a camera now!” Baekhyun fretted, realizing that three hours had passed and he was still in the restaurant with Sehun, ordering his sixth plate of god-knows-what-good-food while he tells him how of an idiot Chanyeol was.

“You don’t like me?” Sehun tilted his head to the side, a hand on top of the table to support his cheek to observe Baekhyun with an obvious amusement. Baekhyun blushed despite vicious attempts not to.

“I don’t! First of all you belong to a loser franchise when you yourself is a loser who still asks for a high salary even though you can’t give your team a championship and disabling your team from having a better player because all of the money goes to you!”

Sehun said nothing.

“And I was just asking for a replacement of my goddamn camera that wouldn’t even hurt your credit card—”

“Do you know that the cost of what you’ve ordered was more than the price of your camera?” Sehun gave him a lazy smile, eyes skimming the numerous plates in front of Baekhyun. Baekhyun stared at him in shock, at a total loss for what to say. Baekhyun was never at a loss for what to say.

Sehun laughed at his face so hard he almost knocked off his glass. Baekhyun looked affronted. Sehun laughed again.

Baekhyun pouted and splashed the glass of water beside him. It was Sehun’s time to stare in shock.

For a second, Baekhyun thought he would punch him, bury him six feet under and come out of the restaurant whistling in bliss. Sehun apparently had different plans. He threw a shrimp on Baekhyun’s face, the seafood sticking on his nose. It left a trail of sauce as it slid down Baekhyun’s face.

Baekhyun got pass the initial shock and threw a clamp in return, hitting Sehun in the forehead. Sehun wasted no time to grab a handful of rice and sprinkle it all over Baekhyun’s hair. Baekhyun got up and threw the plate of fish on Sehun’s expensive shirt. Sehun faked shock and took advantage of Baekhyun’s hesitation as he splashed down the remaining sauce of the shrimp.

Sehun was glad he booked the VIP booth where they can have privacy.

Baekhyun took the bowl of soup but Sehun wrestled him to it, using his height advantage to get the bowl. In the end, it splashed down the both of them when Baekhyun’s hand slipped and Sehun had to grab whatever part of the bowl to keep it smashing to the ground.

They both stopped when the manager entered the cubicle in fury, eyeing the mess the customers had made. His eyes widened when he realized who the other person was. Sehun gave him a disinterested look, “I’m going to pay for everything, and more.” He left the words hanging, daring him to defy him. It was clearly stated that you didn’t see Oh Sehun in this restaurant with a pretty baby faced brunette boy.

The manager turned around in a haste to call for a janitor. Sehun’s face was smug.

But then he looked at Baekhyun’s red face and he broke out in a grin. “How would you like to shower in my condo?”

-

Apparently, Sehun’s condo was not just condo condo but a luxury condo.

Baekhyun huffed in annoyance as he tried to make sense of the countless products in Sehun’s bathroom, wondering how someone could be so vain. He settled for a bottle of Mark & Spencer body wash and revelled on the unlimited supply of hot water in Sehun’s flat.

He came out an hour after (obviously not the amount of time he usually spends on shower because hot water is limited on his apartment okay), towel wrapped around his torso, feeling fresh and clean and smelling glorious.

Just then, Sehun decided to appear from his room, wearing only a pair of SpongeBob boxers, and all the way up. Baekhyun blushed and sputtered nonsense before finally forming a coherent sentence, “What are you doing here almost —”

“This is my flat. Are you telling me I can’t roam around my own house with only my boxers on? Or would you rather that I walk stark —”

“Would you stop?” Baekhyun demanded, huffing in annoyance. He stared at Sehun with a petulant look on his face. “I don’t have anything to wear,” he mumbled, his already red face turning redder and hotter.

Sehun blinked innocently at him. “I don’t see how that concerns me. You could walk around here too, if you like.”

Baekhyun thought of throwing anything his hand touches but remembering that he only has a towel, he clenched his fingers around it to keep it from falling off and stripping him of the remaining dignity that he has. “It was you who started the food fight!”

“I didn’t throw the water first?” Sehun put his hands on his hips and stared at Baekhyun. The latter squirmed under his gaze.

“Come to my bedroom,” he announced, voice low.

Baekhyun was so embarrassed he can’t feel his face. His mouth fell open as his mind conjured up images of Sehun’s lanky body pressed against his own, his straight nose nuzzling his entrance—

“No, ah, I’m, ugh, ah, uhm—”

“I thought you have nothing to wear, so I am going to let you into some of my clothes,” Sehun was ing shining in glee; he didn’t even cover up his amusement. Baekhyun chewed on his lip and stared at everything but Sehun’s abs. “Or do you have better ideas? Ones that wouldn’t need clothes? I’m in it for it.”

Baekhyun swore Oh Sehun was a sadist in his past life, and still was. He felt his lips move to form, “Let’s go,” before he’s dragging a very entertained Sehun in his own bedroom, camera agenda completely forgotten.

-

“You what?”

Baekhyun revelled on Chanyeol’s horrified funny face for a moment before remembering what was currently at stake. He didn’t tell Chanyeol how ridiculous he looked.

“I didn’t, he did,” Baekhyun said, voice bored as he picked on his nails that needed clipping. Chanyeol slapped his hands in agitation. “Do you know how much that cost me?”

Baekhyun scoffed and resumed on picking his nails again. “That wasn’t even your own money.”

Chanyeol slapped his forehead like it’s the only appropriate thing to do at the moment. Well, truth be told, it was. “I should have given Jongin that camera,” he muttered when he thought Baekhyun wouldn’t hear him.

“I’m still here you know,” Baekhyun reminded, smug. Chanyeol gave him a hard glare.

Baekhyun caved in under Chanyeol’s stony expression. What can he do, it wasn’t his fault? “He would replace it okay!”

Chanyeol’s expression did not falter. “Make sure,”

He made his way to the pantry to get a cup of coffee. “Or say goodbye to a year’s worth of pay cheque.”

Baekhyun shuddered and tried to think of ways to survive a year without salary.

He didn’t come up with any.

He really needed to harass Sehun more.

-

Baekhyun shifted his weight from each foot, huffing as Sehun refused to answer his calls (with the capital S because he called 50 times already) and was not opening the door for him. He punished the door courtesy of his rubber shoes once more. He was acting so uncivilised that the thought of his mother reprimanding him for it was enough to make him stop from murdering Sehun’s door.

A few seconds later, the door was thrown open by a very annoyed, very messed-up hair, and very y Sehun, who is barely covered in his Hans brief, the expanse of his slender body exposed for Baekhyun’s eyes to feast on. Baekhyun felt his breakfast lodged in his throat. He opened his mouth to speak but was cut off when he saw Sehun’s couch.

There was a girl sprawled on the sofa, buck , legs spread wide and a lodged inside her . She was massaging her large s, completely oblivious to Baekhyun’s horrified face. He turned to look at Sehun who stepped forward him and said, “Baekhyun—”

He stepped backward and tried to speak again. In his second attempt to do so and failed, he bolted, fast and hasty like he’d never been. The image of Sehun pushing the inside her and out enough for Baekhyun to throw up in the nearest thrash bin outside the elevator.

He wondered why he felt so disappointed.

-

Baekhyun just had to do with his old camera as of the moment.

Now that he only has a lower quality of camera, he had to come closer the sidelines to get acceptable shots somehow. He wondered why earning money was so difficult.

Sehun had only had three minutes in the ballgame so far, and Baekhyun was so relieved because he didn’t think he could look at Sehun’s face and not be reminded by the scene he just witnessed in his flat.

Of course it was normal and healthy and perfectly normal, Baekhyun convinced himself. Sehun is popular and good looking and rich and, err, used to be the king of the hard-court so it’s only fitting that boys and girls would come running to his flat to surrender themselves to whatever kink Sehun wanted them to do. This did not appease Baekhyun. He thought rumours are just rumours after spending a day with Sehun who did not seem all that bad. Turned out, he really was. News flash, Baekhyun.

He huffed and focused his camera on Steve Blakely instead. He felt disappointed though, because his shot on Steve was not as beautiful as his shot on Sehun. He blamed it all on the outdated camera.

It had crossed Baekhyun’s mind to come up to Sehun after their game but the reminder of his Hans brief and those slender hip made him turn towards the exit. He felt a tug on his arm. “Baekhyun,”

Said guy stared at Sehun in shock, the heat of Sehun’s palm rendering him motionless. He felt his body burning with the contact. He took his arms back hastily. “What.” He tried to sound his usual annoying self, but it only came out as a soft purr of ‘whhh’

Sehun’s flushed face stared at him in concern. “Are you mad? Why didn’t you talk to me after the game?”

Baekhyun frowned. “Are you finally going to talk to me about my camera’s replacement? Because if you aren’t, then there’s no need to talk.”

Apparently, this wasn’t the answer Sehun was expecting. So he came up with lame excuse to justify his actions. “My clothes.”

Sehun didn’t know why Baekhyun blushed at this. He started these gurgling noises at the back of his throat again before answering, “I’ll bring them next time.”

-

The next morning, Sehun didn’t expect to find a delivery boy in front of his door, asking for his signature in a piece of paper. Sehun took the pen angrily.

He threw the package on the floor and grabbed his phone to dial Baekhyun’s number. He picked up on the fourth ring.

“Did you receive the package already—”

“I remembered precisely that you said you’re going to bring them,” Sehun growled into his phone, voice ier than scary from Baekhyun’s perspective. Baekhyun tried not to think of how Sehun would growl like that in the bedroom—

“Didn’t the package reach you?” Baekhyun was confused. He spent $50 for the delivery service just to avoid seeing Sehun.

“You didn’t bring them to me!” Sehun snapped, kicking on his couch even though Baekhyun wouldn’t be able to see it. He heard him grumble on the line.

“What do you want me to do?” Baekhyun’s annoyed voice was evident even through phone. Sehun kicked his couch again out of sheer frustration.

“I want you to come here in my house!” Sehun yelled.

Baekhyun cringed and moved his phone slightly away from his ear. “Why?”

“Because I want to see you!”

“Why?”

“Because—just come here because I need someone to play with NBA2k14. If you didn’t arrive here in thirty minutes, I would tear Los Angeles down to find you. And if I did, it won’t be pretty,”

Baekhyun didn’t doubt Sehun’s capabilities and was out of the door before he had the chance to hang up.

-

Sehun, Baekhyun found out, was really horrible at basketball when it is on play station.

Baekhyun squeaked in delight when he had beaten the athlete for the fourth time, using the same character that was Lebron James whom Oh Sehun hated. Sehun threw the controller on the floor. “Dammit!”

“Wow I could be an athlete in play station,” Baekhyun marvelled, purposefully being a jerk so he could piss Sehun off. Sehun seemed thoroughly affected. “Why don’t we battle it out on real hard court, huh?”

“Oh puh-lease,” Baekhyun shook his head ruefully. “I don’t wanna spend the day smelling your sweat.”

“Would you rather we spend it on the bedroom?” Sehun raised a suggestive eyebrow and Baekhyun punched him in the gut. “You are not lodging a up my !” he bellowed.

Sehun blinked at him before looking truthfully apologetic. “I am really sorry about that. I didn’t know you were coming,”

Baekhyun his lips and looked the other way, not wanting Sehun to see his expression. “If you did know I was coming, you wouldn’t be having with that girl?” he tried to mask his curiosity with his annoying voice, aiming to taunt.

Sehun smiled at him, the sincerest smile he had seen since meeting him. “No,”

Baekhyun’s eyes shined bright like diamonds in the sky. “Why?” he asked, voice a little squeaky than normal.

Sehun broke out into a grin. “Because then, I’d just have you sprawled on the couch and lodge my in your hole instead.”

Baekhyun whacked his head, blushing and wondered why he even tried.

-

It seemed that Baekhyun had found a new hangout for he had been in Sehun’s flat for the third time this week. He was going through the cabinets for snack when he opened a particularly large one and saw the medals and trophies and certificates, neatly tucked away there. He frowned.

He brought as much as he can with his hands and emerged at the living room to find Sehun fiddling with Baekhyun’s phone. “Why were you keeping these inside the cabinet?”

Sehun gave him a sideway glance and got up from the floor. “Take those back.”

“But these were your achievements, you should be proud!” Baekhyun cried, pulling a face.

Sehun pinched the bridge of his nose and took the trophies from Baekhyun. Baekhyun turned away and hugged it tightly. “I am not letting you put these back that dungeon again.”

“Baekhyun, just take those back.” Sehun’s voice sounded agitated, but Baekhyun didn’t care.

“I am going to find a tape and display it on the living room!” Baekhyun pushed, ignoring Sehun’s grey expression. He started to put the trophies on the table when Sehun knocked everything off. “I said quit it!” he thundered.

Baekhyun was so surprised that the medals and trophies fell of his arms. He stared at Sehun’s pained face in shock. “I—why?” Baekhyun asked, reaching for Sehun’s arm. The athlete shied away from his touch. “Those were never going to happen anymore.” Sehun said quietly as he picked up the awards off the floor.

Baekhyun bent down and stared at him.”I could never bring my team to championships anymore, and I’m not even old,”

Baekhyun stared as Sehun stocked away all the reminders of his glorious days, his expression unreadable and his body rigid.

Maybe Sehun cared about basketball more than anyone in his team, Baekhyun mused afterwards.

-

“Need help with that?”

Baekhyun had been cursing bloody hell for the past thirty minutes because he hasn’t gotten any good shots yet and it’s the end of second quarter already.  A guy with a very sharp cheekbones and sparkling cat eyes smiled at him from the corner, a Nikon D800 slung over his neck.

He looked at Baekhyun’s shabby Pentax K200D meaningfully. And if only the arena wasn’t an ocean of raging hormones and fangirls, Baekhyun would have been sure they guy was clucking his tongue at him disapprovingly. He found this offensive but let it slide for the sake of his gorgeous feline features.

“Yeah, well, those fans have better cameras than me, and this is my job,” he joked, waving the camera around.

The man smiled at him as if he understood and moved closer to him. “I’m Chen, the official photographer of Knicks.”

Ah, those better franchises. Baekhyun almost wanted to cry for himself.

But then Chen’s smile was so kind that he believed this can’t possibly be that bad, right?  

Baekhyun handed him his camera and this time, he really did hear the cluck of his tongue. “You’re not going to get anything decent with this kind of camera.”

Baekhyun was about to retort something nasty but then the second half of the game started, and Sehun chanced a look on his direction, raising an eyebrow and directing his gaze at Chen. Baekhyun scooted a little, just a little closer to Chen and pretended to be immersed by whatever the photographer was explaining about right focus and grid. He was rewarded by an evil glare from Sehun.

The third quarter onwards surprisingly became bearable for Baekhyun. He finally had amazing shots, courtesy of Chen, and he learned a lot from his expert fingers.

He also noticed how Sehun’s eyes were on him every timeout or when he was subbed, and one time, he caught him staring while he was shooting. Baekhyun could not decide whether he’s really just posing for the camera or if he were really watching his every move.

It would be easier to accept the former theory because the second one just seemed so disturbing. And it makes something inside his stomach coil with nervousness.

 

After the game, before Baekhyun could even thank Chen properly, there was already a firm grip on his wrist, dragging him from the court and into the parking lot. He was met by the sweaty mess that was Sehun. He looked at him grimly. “Wow, congrats. Knicks.

Sehun’s mouth was set into a determined line. “Look, I’m sorry—”

“No,” Baekhyun cut him off, frowning. “Why were you saying sorry?”

“Because we didn’t win?”

Baekhyun scoffed at him. “Actually, I don’t care. I already know you guys are losers.”

Sehun had really wanted to retort at this, but then he remembered that there are more important matters to be addressed. He dragged him in a darker and more secluded area of the parking lot. Baekhyun struggled on his grip. “Are you going to me?” he muttered.

Sehun stepped on his foot on purpose. “Hell no. If I wanted to you, I could have done that when you were playing Tekken on my apartment.”

Baekhyun pouted and blushed as he remembered emptying Sehun’s fridge and almost treating Sehun’s flat like his own these past few days. He was just thankful for the lack of light to give his flushed face away.

“Okay, who were you with?” Sehun asked, the moment they reach a place seemingly good enough for Sehun to talk. Baekhyun tilted his head and frowned in confusion. “Who’s who?”

“That guy you were snuggling with in the arena!” Sehun hissed, hand gripping Baekhyun’s wrist tightly. It was only now, that Baekhyun realised, that Sehun was still touching him. “I thought you were supposed to be working.”

Baekhyun didn’t like Sehun’s accusing tone. Not one bit. He decided to reveal his inner ness, which by the way, was really not hard to do. “What is it to you?” he said, even though they weren’t really snuggling.

Sehun’s face turned a shade darker. “Were you flirting with him?”

Baekhyun yanked his wrist free. “What is it to you?!” he screamed.

“What’s the name of this er and I’ll pay him to stay away from you—”

“He was only helping me with the pictures!” Baekhyun kicked his shin. “God, what is wrong with you?”

There were a lot of things going on inside Baekhyun’s mind. Like how he doesn’t have the right to pay anyone because no one owns him, or how weird he’s acting this way, all possessive and like his boyfriend, or he still hasn’t replaced his camera. Instead of voicing out those, he took this moment to bask in the frustrated mess that is the great Oh Sehun. He looked like he wanted to strangle Sehun or clutch at his hair. Baekhyun saved his hair its upcoming demise by saying, “It’s because my camera donkey balls and you wouldn’t even buy me t—”

All arguments died down the moment Sehun pulled his little frame against his hard (and sweaty!) chest, his big hand on his head as he whispered, “Okay, I’ll buy it, I’ll buy it.”

Baekhyun’s muffled ‘what? Really?’ was answered by Sehun’s, “Just promise you won’t be that close with another guy ever again.”

The photographer scrunched his nose in disgust but nodded anyway. He could not exactly remember when Sehun started getting all possessive and has a say in everything he does. But he figured, since he’s going to get his camera anyway, he’ll indulge Sehun a little.

-

Baekhyun waved the camera in front of the flabbergasted face of his boss/best friend Chanyeol. There were bread crumbs around his mouth, and he would have commented on how unprofessional it was, except, he’s enjoying the view of rendering someone speechless.

He snapped a few pictures of Chanyeol and smiled when it appeared just exactly the way he wanted to.

When he started to giggle, that’s when Chanyeol finally awoke from his stupor. “Wait, Canon EOS 5D Mark III?!”

Baekhyun nodded grimly. “Yep, the one and only.”

“How did you get your hands on that camera—” Chanyeol tried to reach out for the device, just one touch, he thought. But Baekhyun was quick to put it behind him, where even Chanyeol’s long arms cannot penetrate.

“Oh Sehun.”

Chanyeol frowned and squinted his eyes at him. “Is that an Armani Polo shirt?!”

Baekhyun shrugged. “Oh Sehun.”

“Wait, are you dating Oh Sehun? I thought you hated him? Or is he your sugar daddy—”

His phone interrupted Chanyeol’s upcoming B. F. ( fit)

He raised an eyebrow and got up.

“Oh Sehun.” Was all he said as his explanation.

-

Baekhyun arrived at Sehun’s empty flat on a Thursday evening. Weird, because this was supposed to be his rest day for the upcoming game tomorrow.

He pressed the recorder and Sehun’s voice came blasting through the speakers, “If I’m not yet home when you arrive, wait for me. Make yourself at home. Or do  I still have to say that knowing that you already did since the first day you came to my apartment? Anyway, you don’t have to cook, I’ll bring food home. Don’t watch !”

Baekhyun rolled his eyes and threw his body on the couch. Takeouts again. But it’s not as if they can cook decent meal anyway.

He took this time to think about his relationship with Sehun. It’s not a romantic relationship, that’s for sure. But he always finds his feet dragging him towards Sehun’s apartment at 2 AM when he’s super stressed or wasted in some cheap bar downtown. One time, Sehun even had to pick him up because he couldn’t even crawl his way home. He couldn’t remember since when Sehun became the number one on his speed dial, but all of a sudden, he is.

Looking around, his things also started piling up inside Sehun’s apartment—that pair of green socks he wore last Monday, his favourite boxer briefs, his red headband and Garnier facial wash—small stuff that should have been on his own peasant apartment, but had been magically transported here courtesy of the times he’d rather crash on the athlete’s place than his own. He felt as if he was taking advantage but Sehun never really complained or talked to him about it so he’s gonna make the good life last long. Anyway, this set up couldn’t stay forever, right? Besides, as long as Sehun kept his life out of Baekhyun’s site, then they’re okay.

Sehun arrived an hour later as Baekhyun was dozing off on an episode of Friends. He dangled the bag of Chinese food in front of Baekhyun’s nose like a pendulum and soon enough, the elder was high and alert.

“Food. Is that food!”

Sehun grinned lazily and sashayed to the kitchen. “Must eat in the kitchen! Can’t let you mess up my couch~” he called. Since when did Sehun care about his couch?

But food is always food and Baekhyun jumped from his seat and followed his heart (the food okay) jumping at the counter to seat while Sehun arranged the food into their plate. The elder hummed a tune and swung his legs from the kitchen top.

Sehun looked up at him and grinned. “You look so able like that.”

This brought out a frown on Baekhyun’s face. “I wonder if you’re just letting me do as I please in your apartment because you haven’t ed me yet and you really want to.”

“What do you think?” Sehun raised a suggestive eyebrow but underneath his eyes, Baekhyun can sense him asking a real question: What do you think?

“Well, poor you. If your plan is to let me stay as I please until I finally give up and let you me, then you’re going to be poor your entire life because I’ll never give in.” He hopped off the counter and snatched his plate away to go back to the living room.

He shoved two dumplings at a time, avoiding the real question: what do you think?

-

“So are you dating him or are you marrying him?” Chanyeol sat cross-legged on his office, sorting through some documents Baekhyun had no interest in. Baekhyun examined his nails out of habit. “Dating or marrying who?”

Chanyeol gave an exasperated sigh so loud it can be heard above his shuffling of papers. “Oh Sehun had given you a much expensive camera than the one that you broke. And you’re still hanging out at his place. You’re barely staying on your apartment. So it’s either he’s your boyfriend or you two are getting married.”

Baekhyun suppressed the urge to comment that it’s basically the same thing. If you’re getting married then he is your boyfriend, if he is your boyfriend, you’re getting married.

He just gave a nonchalant shrug. “I don’t know. I think he wants to me.” He heard the rustling of papers stop.

“And so did you let him?” Chanyeol’s eyes were glinting with excitement it almost hurt to look. Baekhyun cringed, swatting his best friend’s face hovering his. “I didn’t. I’m taking things to my advantage. If his curiosity had been satiated, then I might not enjoy his flat and all that came with it anymore.”

“But you do want him to you.” Chanyeol insisted.

Baekhyun got up from his seat and wondered if he really should be giving this more thought that Chanyeol. He never really thought much of what he wants, because right now, this set up, felt perfectly perfect to him.

-

Byun Baekhyun, intruder extraordinaire, came to Sehun’s flat Monday evening as usual, unannounced, mixing vanilla ice cream and Lotus peanut butter, care of said man’s fridge when he heard the question.

“Do you plan to stay for the night?” Sehun asked casually, dipping his index finger on his cup of ice cream and wagging it in front of his face before sandwiching it between his thin, pink lips.

He just let him. “Why?”

“Because,” Sehun started to squirm and bit his finger inside his mouth. “I know you’re not really comfortable watching live so...”

It took a good one minute for Baekhyun’s mind to process his words and his lips turned into an O, his shoulders hunched as he nodded. “Oh. Okay, got it. I’ll be out after I finish my ice cream.” He promised.

“No, that’s okay. We can still play 3 rounds of Silent Hill, he won’t be here until 12 am.” Sehun made an attempt to follow him to the living room but he closed the kitchen door shut and ate the ice cream fast until his brain froze.

He.

Baekhyun was out the door at 9:00 pm.

-

After four more nights of being kicked out (well not really, Sehun told him he could stay but of course that’s just him sparing his feelings) of Sehun’s apartment for appearing unannounced, courtesy of his ala carte, Baekhyun stopped coming altogether.

Sehun seemed like in heat this month, bringing 3 people a week, magnificently timing Baekhyun’s unsolicited visit. He took this as a sign of Sehun getting rid of him.

He couldn’t blame him, really. Baekhyun had been a parasite for half a year now—using all of his resources whenever he pleased and not giving him any sort of gratitude in any way, whether in words or in actions. He was just constantly whining and whining, demanding for attention and goodies and everything Sehun’s got to offer, which is a lot.

After all this time, he had chosen to be ashamed now. He wondered why Sehun had let it drag on for half a year though. Was he keen on sparing Baekhyun’s feelings? Or did he really think he would give in one of these days to have with him? Not that he made any pass or anything, but he was pretty vocal and explicit on his desires to Baekhyun senseless. Baekhyun shuddered.

It’s not that Baekhyun minded having with that good looking (but still loser!) basketball player. It’s just that, he never really blatantly offered like, “Byun Baekhyun blow me” or “Do you want me you to oblivion?” so he was assuming he was not on top of Sehun’s ‘Top Wanted s’ list.

He didn’t know how to feel about that. When he tried to explore his feelings in a deeper, more emotional level, of what Sehun really meant to him he gets scared because it’s either he’s really just some parasite feeding on him or he might be attracted to him in a different level, which are both bad and scary.

Maybe he could apologize? Cook something to express his gratitude or maybe give him a blow three times a week? Not that he wanted him to stop ing every pretty women and men in town for that but still.

Baekhyun’s tangled thoughts were disturbed when Chanyeol sent a link to him on Line.

Oh Sehun seen with Victoria’s Angel, Miranda Kerr at the back of his limo after the VS Runway 2015.

Baekhyun closed the link and thought who the hell needed an apology?

-


[A/N]: It doesn't make sense to cut this into two but I wanted to create more substance to the story so I'm revising the second part of it. Sorry for updating so late. My flash drive that held every story I needed to update got stolen and so I was back to zero at everything. I CRY. Also, unbeta-ed again. ANYONE CARE TO BETA?????