Dear Granddaughter

Only One True Love

To my dearest grand daughter. Grandma loves you and misses you. She's in heaven watching over you. She will never cease to remind you of her presence.

I am so sorry I can not stay in this world long enough to watch you grow, see you graduate, get married, and have children of your own. You are beautiful and have a wonderful life ahead of you. I want to remind you that when times are tough, remind yourself of the people who love you and who WILL love you. Trust me grand baby, there will be plenty of people who will love you, but there will be only one true love.

I want you to know that I lived a great life and I was happy. I lived with no fear, but there is one thing I still need to teach you... how to love. Grandma fell in love when she was young and stupid. It wasn't just any love, it was her one true love. I want to tell you my story so you can learn from me and my experiences. Loving is probably the hardest thing you will do in your life... and no matter what people say don't let them ever convince you that you have more than one shot. When you meet the one, you have only one chance to get it right.

My dearest sweetheart. Read this diary with an open mind and don't make the same mistakes I have.

Love always,

Grandma L.