7

Unseen

Screen+shot+2012-09-01+at+10.46.30+PM.pnrain-30-y-teaser-vid.png

------------------------------------

Joon really had to control himself in order to hide his worry as Cheolyong's pediatrician gave him a thorough physical check up. He'd wound up sharing his concerns with Jihoon, although he left out hearing an ominous child's laughter in their bedroom. Ever level-headed, Jihoon had reassured Joon that everything would be alright. But he cared just as much about Cheolyong and agreed about having Cheolyong examined by a doctor, especially when he noticed just how worried Joon was.

"I don't want him to end up like me," Joon had told Jihoon sadly and Jihoon knew that Joon was referring to the breakdown that Joon had had when they found out that he suffered from bipolar disorder.

"Shh..." Jihoon kissed Joon lovingly, not wanting Joon to get upset. "Cheolyong's going to be fine and so are you..."

But Joon took him to the doctor's regardless, hoping for the best...

The physical exam was followed by an equally in-depth consultation with a child-psychologist. As uninvasive as the examination was- most of it involved Joon holding Cheolyong as the psychologist found a way to ask the little boy questions while he played with the toys in the examination room and drew pictures.

"Well, there's nothing wrong with Cheolyong physically or psychologically," the doctor smiled at a very nervous Joon, who sat alone in the doctor's office while Cheolyong played with one of the nurses in the waiting room.

Joon certainly felt relieved. As a journalism major, he'd only ever taken a few psychology classes in college, as science options and had completely forgotten everything he'd learnt. Knowing that his son was going to be subjected to a psychological exam scared him and he felt as though a weight had been lifted off his shoulders with the doctor's results.

"A lot of kids his age make up imaginary friends and when they grow out of them, they might project hostility upon them to get rid of them. It's sort of their way of growing up," the doctor explained.

Joon nodded and smiled, extremely relieved. It was true that the issue of the disembodied laughter that he'd heard had yet to be resolved, but knowing that his son was alright cast Joon's worries away.

"Let's go home, hm?" Joon smiled, taking Cheolyong's hand as they exited the doctor's office.

He knew that Jihoon would also be relieved to learn that Cheolyong was alright.

--------------

"See? I told you it was nothing to worry about," Jihoon smiled, massaging Joon's shoulders in bed that night.

Joon leaned back against Jihoon, feeling much better indeed.

"I want to go to bed..." Joon said softly, turning around and enjoying several kisses with Jihoon.

Even with Jihoon home, he hadn't really slept well the night before because he had been so worried about Cheolyong. Now, he was rightly and truly drained and ready to go to bed.

Complying with his lover's desires, Jihoon gently laid them both down and wrapped his arms around Joon. With the lights now turned off and Jihoon holding him, Joon finally felt relaxed enough to sleep.

But the young couple was soon disturbed by the sound of Cheolyong crying as their little boy ran to their bedroom, clinging to his dolphin toy.

"Cheolyong, what's wrong...?" Joon sat up in alarm as Jihoon the light.

"H-Hyunseok won't go away...!" Cheolyong sobbed.

Joon was extremely worried and so was Jihoon.

"Baby, what's wrong?" Joon frantically picked up Cheolyong and set him on the bed, between himself and Jihoon.

"H-Hyunseok's scaring me...!" Cheolyong cried against his mother's shoulder.

"What do you mean, he's scaring you?" Joon asked, cuddling Cheolyong as Jihoon gently ran his fingers through the little boy's hair.

But Cheolyong just kept crying and crying until he exhausted himself to sleep.

"But the doctor said that he was okay..." Joon whimpered, clutching Cheolyong as he started to cry a little, himself.

As a mother, he couldn't bear to see his child in distress.

"Don't cry, Changsun..." Jihoon kissed Joon and brushed away his tears as he wrapped his arms around his husband and son.

He was just as worried as Joon, but something else- something very particular- caught his attention.

"Should I bring him back to the doctor?" Joon asked Jihoon with worry.

But Jihoon shook his head.

"Changsun, I don't think he's imagining things..." Jihoon said, somewhat shocked.

"How can you be sure?" Joon asked, sniffling as he cradled Cheolyong.

"...I don't know what's going on," Jihoon started softly, absently rubbing Joon's knee. "But Hyunseok's the name of the little boy whose kidnapping I'm investigating."

----------------

Thanks for reading! ^^

x Angela