Final

13 Hours
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

{Present time, 11:00pm}

 

Dear Diary,

                     Today has been an eventful day to say the least. It started out like any other normal work day, I got ready and headed to the office just like everyday but what I didn’t expect was to come face to face with the one person I haven’t seen in over a year. Xiumin. Yep, my ex-boyfriend of three years who left me standing on the streets of Seoul one night; broken hearted and to never have seen or contacted me again....that was until today. When we were stuck in an elevator, alone, together, for thirteen hours....

 

 

 {Previously, 6:00 am}

 

Beep beep beep.

 

The sound of my annoying, far too high pitched alarm clock tone ringed through my ears; awakening me from my dreamless but peaceful slumber in a groan of annoyance.  Slowly arising I rubbed my eyes, blinking rapidly as they adjusted to the dimly lit room; removing the covers I sluggishly stood up from the bed and strolled towards the bathroom. Walking in I switched on the shower letting it heat up as I leaned on the counter, staring at my zombie like reflection trying to tame the birds nest I called my hair. Giving up I stripped of my nightwear, throwing it into the laundry basket as I stepped inside the shower, the warm droplets of water cascading down my body; relaxing and awakening making me feel refreshed.

 

I stood there for a few moments allowing the sensation to fully take control before applying a small amount of tropical smelling shampoo into my palm before massaging it into my scalp. My hair was short so it didn’t take long to wash as I rinsed out all the soap, grabbing the body wash bottle and a loofah as I began to scrub my body clean. Once finished I grabbed a towel from the rack, wrapping it around my body as I stepped out onto the mat; drying my feet as I walked back into the bedroom.

 

Walking over to my closet I glanced at the alarm clock on my bedside to see it read 6:30, turning back I opened the doors of my wardrobe and picked out some underwear; slipping it on under my towel before discarding it to the side. Flicking through the racks of professional clothes, I picked out a black fitted blazer, my white fitted shirt, black pencil skirt and skin colored tights because it’s only March and still a little chilly outside. Spraying on some perfume I changed into my outfit, smoothing out the creases as I smiled in approval at my reflection; picking up the towel once again I walked back into the bathroom and tossed it into the laundry basket.

 

Turning to the mirror I picked up my hair dryer and began styling my hair in the short, one sided style I recently cut it into before applying a light natural look of makeup. Satisfied I walked back into the bedroom and slipped on my black platform Louboutin heels while grabbing my small clutch purse; glancing at the clock once more as it read 6:51am I headed out the door and down the hallway. Walking down the hall of my apartment I grabbed my house keys from the side before exiting out the front door and heading to the elevator. Pressing the button it soon came as I stepped inside and pressed the lobby button as it rode down the different levels before stopping as I walked out.

 

Smiling at the doorman I walked out onto the busy city streets of Seoul, noticing my driver Seho stepping out of the black Mercedes to greet me.

 

“Good morning Miss Park.” He smiled, opening the back passenger car door.

“Good morning Seho.” I smiled back, stepping inside the car as he shut the door and walked back around the car; getting into the driver’s side and pulling out into the busy street traffic.

 

The record company in which I work is based in the heart of Seoul in the business and financial districts. I’ve been working for the company ever since I joined as an intern when I was eighteen, working my way up over the four years I’ve gained a high executive position. I enjoy the job, always have, and the artists signed to our label are countless; many big artists that are constantly in the chart. Let’s just say, we’re a pretty big label.

 

I tapped away on my phone, talking with my assistant Nana who briefly informed me of the day’s schedule as Seho battled with the heavy rush hour traffic. Before long he had pulled up along the sidewalk outside the building, walking around to open my door as he held out his hand to help me.

 

“Thank you Seho, take the rest of the day off looks like I’ll be working late tonight. I’ll get a cab home.” I said, pointing to my phone; referring to the schedule I had been sent. “Send my love to your wife.” I smiled as he thanked me before we parted ways and I headed towards the entrance of the building.

 

Walking through the glass door I entered the hustle and bustle of business people in the lobby, immediately making my way over to the elevator as I waited with a group of people as it arrived and I pressed the button for floor 20. The elevator stopped at a few level letting people off when it soon arrived at my floor as I stepped out, only to be greeted by Nana already waiting for me with my morning tea.

 

“Good morning Nana.” I smiled, taking the steaming drink from her as it warmed my hands as I took a sip.

“Morning.” She smiled back, opening up her folder as we headed down the corridor. “Okay so first you have a board meeting with the other executives and then when that is over an artist of the label is coming to see you, the team wouldn’t give me any more information than that apart from that you know them.”

I chuckled. “Well that narrows it down, don’t I know nearly everybody?”

 

She laughed as we entered the long room at the end of the hall, taking a seat on the plush leather office chairs as I placed my tea down; handing my clutch to Nana as she passed me a pen and paper if needed to take notes.

 

The other executives entered the room, passing greetings to me and everyone else as they joined us at the table when soon enough everyone was here and the meeting began.

 

 

{8:45am}

 

It was just a general meeting, about how the business is doing, the artists, new ventures etc but it still lasted over two hours. Walking out of the board room I handed my note pad and pen to Nana as she passed me my clutch.

 

“I’m just going to head down to my office; I’ll be back in a moment.”

She nodded. “Okay but don’t be too long, the appointment with the artist is in ten minutes.” She stressed as I giggled. She hates being unorganized.

 “Okay.” I replied as I made my way back to elevator and pressed the button for the floor a couple of levels down.

 

Stepping out I headed down the corridor as I reached my office, pushing open the door where I placed my clutch into the drawer, checking my emails briefly before realizing Nana is probably hyperventilating from my five minute absence.

Standing up I made my way back out my office and towards the corridor. Pressing the button I smoothed out my outfit when the bell dinged at the elevators arrival, stepping inside I stood to the side while absent mindlessly pressing the button for the previous floor.

The doors shut closed as I stood there, examining my shoes when I could feel a pair of eyes on me coming from the other passenger. Inwardly groaning I lifted my head up to snap at them when all the breath in my body had been knocked out upon seeing the presence in front of me. Their features matched mine along with confusion, blinking rapidly before shaking their head while their lips.

 

I see old habits die hard.

 

“Nice to see you, Dara.” The all too familiar voice filled my ears, the voice I hadn’t heard in over a year, when the last time their words were muttering a goodbye. The voice belonged to none other than; Xiumin. My ex-boyfriend.

 

My breath hitched in my throat momentarily before my senses snapped back in and without replying I pressed the button for the next floor, not saying a word in reply as I just wanted to be out of here. Before the doors even opened enough that I could slip my body through they abruptly shut, turning my head to see Xiumin holding the doors close button down.

 

“I’d like to get off here.” I spoke sternly, eyeing him briefly.

His eyebrow rose, a cocky yet quizzical expression plastered across his face until the corners of his lips turned up into a smirk. “Without even replying or saying hello to me? That isn’t very friendly Miss Park.”

 

I rolled my eyes, swatting away his hand as I pressed the button for the next floor only to have him press another. Tilting my head towards him his cocky disposition still played making my patience decrease even more so by the second as every time I pressed a button to get out of the elevator he’d press another.

 

Soon losing control I rolled my eyes. “Xiumin stop being such a child!” I snapped fully turning to face him now when suddenly a clanking noise came from outside the elevator where it screeched to a halt, a short quick bell ringing as the sign about the door now illuminated with ‘out of service’.

My eyes widening I clenched my fists at my sides. “Look what you did!” I exclaimed.

“Me?” He questioned. “You were the one pressing the buttons too.”

I scoffed, rolling my eyes. “I don’t have time for this now I have a meeting with some artist.”

“We

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter