one

Forever Takes Too Long

one. 

Kwon Sera walked throughout the campus of her University. It was a bright day, the sunlight leaving a blanket of warmth over the city. Students were outside reading, playing basketball, or just hanging out. She smiled and sipped on her bubble tea.

Sera wasn't really the type person to talk to other people. She wasn't an outcast, no, but she enjoyed the presence of silence rather than another person. Gossip wasn't something she wanted to be a part of, sports never really sparked her interest, and she couldn't draw to save her life. Even if she didn't talk too much, people would still talk to her, however. Some would seek advice while others would simply want to know more about the quiet girl that was Kwon Sera. 

She looked around at all of the other students, observing what they were doing. She could always tell people's little habits by just watching them. How funny. She thought, I wonder if people ever observe me like I do them

Caught up in her thoughts, she didn't notice the boy running towards her at full speed, trying to organize his gym bag. 

Suddenly, she was tackled to the ground, her bubble tea spilling everywhere. She opened her eyes and saw a boy with brown hair that was styled up. His eyelashes were naturally curled as they lay on top of his big brown eyes. He quickly stood up and she noticed that he was wearing a soccer uniform. He wasn't the most athletic looking boy, but he wasn't scrawny either. It took her awhile to realize that he was holding out his hand to her, wanting to help her up. She lightly gasped and took his hand.

"I'm really sorry. I was in a rush, I wasn't watching where I was going." The boy said. "I-It's okay. I should have been more careful." She said as she gave him his gym bag. "Thank you." He smiled and took it from her. "I'm sorry, I wish I could stay and chat, but I have a soccer game to go to." He said. "You're on the soccer team?" She asked, surprising herself. This was one of the longest conversations she has ever had in her two years of college. "Yeah, I do. We have our championship game today. If you want, you can come." He offered with a smile. 

"I-I don't know. I've never been to a soccer game. Truthfully, I don't really understand soccer." She admitted. "I insist." He said as he grabbed her arm, leading her to the soccer field. "Come on, we're gonna be late." He smiled. Her eyes widened as he pulled her along. Soon, they arrived at the soccer field.

"You can take a seat on the bence over there next to my friends," he smiled, "I have to go. Cheer me on, okay?" She smiled at him with a nod and made her way to the bench. "Do you mind if I sit here?" She asked two young-looking boys. The blonde stared at her with wide eyes, mouth agape. The brunet rolled his eyes with a sigh. "Idiot." He muttered, "Of course you can." He smiled. Sera smiled back and sat next to him as he whacked the blonde on the back of his head. He winced and rubbed the now sore area. "I'm Sehun," He smiled, "and this idiot is Kai." She reached out her hand to Sehun and he gladly shook it. "I'm Sera." She greeted. 

"Pleasure to meet you." Kai suddenly said as he gently kissed the back of her hand. Sera's eyes went wide at how forward he was. Sehun whacked his arm. "Shut up you idiot. The game is starting." He said and they all turned their attention to the game. Luhan's team had gotten the ball first and they quickly ran across the field, trying to make a goal. "YEAH! LET'S GO LUHAN! MAKE THOSE LOSERS CRY!" Kai shouted as he stood up. Sehun pulled him down. "." He muttered. Kai shot him a glare. Luhan looked at his friends and shook his head with a smile.

"Come on Luhan! You got this!" Sera shouted with a smile. Luhan smiled back until a ball came flying out of nowhere and hit him on the head. Sera gasped as he fell to the ground. "HEY! PAY ATTENTION LUHAN! YOU JUST GOT HIT BY A BALL!" Kai shouted and stood up again. Sehun stood up with him. "Thank you captain obvious." He said sarcastically and squinted at him. Sera watched with concern as Luhan slowly stood up and got back in the game. "That was hilarious." Kai said with a sigh as he sat down, followed by Sehun. "You're face is hilarious." Sehun said with a smirk. "Oh, real mature." Kai fake-laughed. "Please! I'm the most mature between the both of us you...poophead!" Sehun argued. "HA! You wish you doo-doo pop!" Kai laughed.

Sera chuckled, causing the both of them to turn around. "Don't take his side!" Sehun whined. "I'm not!" She laughed, "It's just..you're both so childish. You must be good friends." She smiled. "Sure. This idiot hates my guts." Sehun rolled his eyes. "Do not! You're the one that literally frowns when I walk in the room!" Kai said. "I'm just kidding, dummy." Sehun said. Sera smiled, "You two really balance each other out. I'm guessing you two really care abbout each other." She turned back to watch the game. Sehun and Kai looked at each other with disgust before turning back to her. 

"DO NOT!" They said in unison. 

* * * *

After a long game, Luhan finally met up with a smiling Sera and a fighting Sehun and Kai. He smiled. 

"I see you've met my friends." He said. She chuckled. "Yup. They're...interesting." Luhan sighed, "I'm sorry for...whatever they did." Sera laughed as Sehun quickly interjected. "I didn't do anything! This idiot wouldn't shut up!" He cried. "Is idiot the only insult you know?" Kai asked. "No, but you obviously don't know what imbecile means!" Sehun shouted back. "...what?" Kai asked. Sehun rolled his eyes. "See what I mean!" He shouted at Luhan. "Guys! Calm down! You're making a bad impression on Sera." Luhan complained, "Here, go buy some popcorn or something." He handed them ten thousand won. Kai grabbed it and spun on his heels. "He totally likes her." He muttered. "Totally." Sehun agreed. Luhan looked back at Sera and blushed. "I-Idiots." He said. She smiled and looked away, trying to hide the blush growing on her cheeks.

You're alright Luhan...you're alright. She thought with a smile.