Chapter 10

Just Once More
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

*Kris’s P.O.V*

Seeing Eliza the way she was bothered me. Sure I was indeed messing with my phone but I did listen to what happened. I wanted to tell that girl something but Eliza had already walked away from my side and I saw the girl with a smirk on her face. I felt myself boil inside me. I didn’t like the remark she told Eliza. Seeing Eliza with a sad look on her face bugged me. I couldn’t stand it. I liked seeing her smile it was bright and comforting. As soon as I saw a tear go down her face once I felt sad. When I saw another one go down her face I quickly whipped it away with my thumb.

When we locked eyes with each other I could tell she is still hurt by those words. I wrapped my arms around her without even thinking.  I had never really hugged her before. So when I did I felt something weird in me. But at the same time it felt nice. I just didn’t want her to be sad because of those words. I felt my heart beat fast and before Eliza could hug me back I removed myself from her. I saw a smile on her face after she spoke.

 I sighed as I sat on the chair upstairs. Then I had an idea. I went downstairs to get something to eat for the both of us. I knew Eliza said she isn’t hungry but I know she will later. I got a burger and the fries she had. I got a drink for the both of us and went to pay. I went back upstairs and she still hadn’t gotten out of the restroom. ‘I really hope she is alright.’ I thought to myself. I felt my pocket vibrate and I answered it without looking at the I.D. it was Tao calling as always. I answered his call and we talked for a while until he had to go to class. After I hung up with him I got a text from Lay and Chanyeol.

Eliza still hadn’t returned back but I knew sooner or later she would. I saw Carolyn and Christi come upstairs with food for them. I smiled at them and Carolyn knew right away something wasn’t right.

“Where is she?” she asked me.

“Restroom.” I answered back. “Hey do happen to know a girl named Jenny?”

Carolyn didn’t move after I said the name. She looked at me with a worried look on her face. “Don’t tell me Eliza saw her?”

“I thought she moved after we graduated?” said Christi.

“She did.” Said Carolyn. “What did she say to Eliza?”

“She told her ‘Buying carbs is something you can never give up.’ Then she left with a smirk on her face. I really wanted to tell her something but Eliza is more important to me.”

Carolyn arched an eyebrow and looked at me. “So you do like Eliza?”

“What? No!” I said. “I meant as a friend nothing more!” I tried to defend myself. ‘Oh man! What did I just say?’ I felt my cheeks burn up after I said that. I couldn’t believe that slipped out of my mouth. I thought I was thinking in my head looks like I wasn’t. Carolyn and Christi laughed with each other. I closed my eyes and looked away. I tried to forget what just came out of my mouth and hopefully not tell Eliza anything.

 “You are so unpredictable.” Said Carolyn as I opened my eyes and looked at her. “Anyways, Eliza and Jenny were good friends until one summer everything changed. Eliza and Jenny had different plans for summer and when it was over school was starting. Eliza saw Jenny on the first day and when she tried to talk to her Jenny just walked away with new people to talk too.”

“Eliza had mentioned that one day Jenny kicked her to the curb and found popularity.” I said to Carolyn.

“That’s right.” She said eating her fries. “We don’t know how it happened or what so we never bring it up.”

“But you’re bringing it up now? Without even asking Eliza for permission.” Said Christi. “You know how she gets with secrets.”

“What do you mean?” I asked confused.

Christi sighed before she ate her corndog. “Eliza doesn’t like us talking about her secrets that we have talked about to others. Not without asking if it is ok to tell.”

“Yeah, but I’m not just someone am I?” I said getting a bit worked up. “I care about her just as much as you do!”

“Maybe you care about her a bit more than you think.” Said Carolyn sipping her soda.

I couldn’t answer her back. I didn’t really know how to respond. I tried to say something but nothing came to mind. I did care about Eliza, but I couldn’t figure out which kind. Am I starting to care about her just as a friend or was it something more. I started to get confused and I mind started to get dizzy. I tried to push the thought out as I grabbed a fry and put it in my mouth. I looked at my phone and I saw my manager calling.

“Excuse me, I got to take this.” I said getting up. “If Eliza comes tell her this is for her.” I went downstairs to take a walk while I answered the phone. “Oh, Hyung?”

I started to walk with one hand in my pocket and the other was holding the phone next to my ear. He called to see how I was doing and just simple talk. I found a bench and sat down. I started to zone out to throughout the conversation. It’s not because the conversation was boring it’s just my mind was thinking about Eliza. I started to wonder if she saw the food and is eating. I sighed as my manager kept talking. My manager asked is everything was alright. Indeed everything is fine, just trying to figure myself out is my problem. After we hung up I stayed sitting on bench enjoying the cool air a bit.

*Eliza’s P.O.V*

After I had gotten out of the bathroom I heard Kris talking to Christi and Carolyn. I didn’t know what they were talking about but the last word I heard was secrets. I looked down at the floor. ‘I bet they told Kris a secret about Jenny and me’ I thought. I knew Kris would bring her up and ask them. Since I didn’t really tell him much I know he would ask. I started zoning out before I heard anymore and a sudden memory came back to me.

~ ~ ~ ~ 

“Jenny! Oh my god I missed you this whole summer!” I said as I made my way to hug her. Once I put my arms around Jenny she pushed me off her making me lose my balance. “Hey what is it?”

“Look Eliza, you and I go way back.” She started off. “But I think its best if we end our friendship.”

“What? Why!” I asked confused.

“This whole summer I hung out with my cousins and they showed me a thing or two about popularity and I’m going to be popular.” She took out her red lipstick and put it on. “I don’t want you around messing things up for me. This is our last year of high school. Let’s make the most of it.”

With that she walked away leaving me dumbfounded. I couldn’t understand why all the sudden change. For the most part I knew her cousins and they weren’t popular they went to parties and drank. But one of her cousins I knew whom I had a crush on was indeed popular and he was well known. He was in sports and class president. I saw Jenny walk up the football team and getting her flirt on. All the guys were looking at her up and down.

I walked to my locker to get my books and I saw Carolyn a few feet away from me. I wasn’t going to tell her what happened since I’d figure she would find out sooner or later. I got my books and started to walk to class. I was looking down thinking and I suddenly hit something. I fell and I heard a squeal. I looked up and I had bumped into Jenny. She gave me a glare and I just bit my lip.

“Ugh! Watch where you are going loser!” she said getting up dusting off her clothes and left.

I stayed on the floor and grabbed my books. I felt a hand on my shoulder and it was Carolyn. She had a worry look on her face since she saw everything. I shook my head not wanting to hear anything from her and she knew as well.

       ~ ~ ~ ~

I came back to reality in the present and shook off the memory long ago. It bothered me for a while that Jenny broke off our friendship but could I do? I sighed and closed my eyes. I opened them after a short moment and went to the table where Carolyn and Christi were. I sat down and gave them a smile. I noticed Kris was gone. I bit my bottom lip then I noticed the food on the table.

“What is this?” I asked Carolyn.

“Kris said it was for you. He left to take a call.” She said as she stuck a fry in . “He will be

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter