Singing brought us together ♥

Daehyun X Jieun [One Shots]

 image

 

Jieun sighed as she kept looking at the piece of paper that printed the numbers: 3245. It had always been her dream to become a singer, growing up watching legendary singers such as Turbo, H.O.T, Shinhwa, Fin.K.L and etc. Singing had become her passion and hobby. She felt confident and happy when she sang. Now here she was, sitting nervously in a huge waiting room with almost 5000 other people, waiting for her turn. It was her first ever audition which made her even more scared. "Next are contestant no.3241, 3242, 3243, 3244 and 3245," one of the staff member shouted.

Jieun flinched when she heard her number. She wasn't ready for this yet. She took a few deep breathe before walking into the audition room smiling nervously. She thought her heart was going to jump out any minute soon. However just as she reached the door her legs turned the opposite way and ran. She didn't know where her legs were taking her but all she knew was that her heart wasn't ready for this yet. She found a janitor's room and without a second thought ran inside. Without her knowing she began tearing up. She couldn't keep it in anymore and she let it all out.

Daehyun was suppose to be auditioning too but there was no sign of his friend anywhere. Looks like his friend decided to ditch him. Again. Sighing, he made his way to the toilets. However his steps were halted when he heard a quiet sobbing from the janitor's room. To make sure he put his ear by the door. He was definite that there was someone inside. He knocked on the door before making his way in. Jieun was shocked at the sudden appearance of someone. She thought it was the janitor so she stood up to apologize.

However she was greeted by a young, handsome guy who had a very concerned look. "I'm sorry to barge in but I was worried if something was wrong with you," was his first sentence. Jieun was taken a back but she managed to reply. "There is nothing wrong with me. I'm alright." But he was not convinced. He grabbed her hand and led her outside. "Excuse me, please let go," Jieun said as she tried to break free from his grip. But he didn't listen to her one bit. He took her outside where no one will be able to disturb them.

He made her sit by him and finally released her. Jieun looked at him bewildered and stood up to leave but she was halted by Daehyun. Jieun turned around and yelled, "What is your problem?" Instead of being offended Daehyun just simply smiled at her. "It's better to let it out rather than keeping it inside. I may not know you personally but I know I can at least help you a little." Jieun sighed and sat down. "Look, I don't know who you are and you seem like a nice person but trust me I'm alright." Daehyun just shook his head.

"There's no point hiding the truth. It'll just hurt you more." Jieun looked down as her tears threatened to fall again. She slowly wiped the tear away and looked at Daehyun who was staring right back at her. Jieun stared at his eyes and she felt that she could trust him. "I ... I'm just scared," Jieun bit her lips. "Of what?" He replied. "Of failing. Singing is the only thing I know I am good at but if these people inside fail me then I'm a failure. I left everything behind, my family, my job just to pursue this career. I just don't wannt to fail."

"I want to go back to my family and tell them I suceeded and that they were wrong. Singing is my life." Jieun sobbed. Daehyun lightly patted her back. "I know how you feel. It's scary knowing that there are people inside ready to judge you and your talent by just mere 10 seconds. I've gone through this many times. Have I failed? Yes but I choose it to call it an exprience rather than a failure. And if something still bothers you then just remember, that failure is just an another reason to try harder." Daehyun smiled. "Failure is just an another reason to try harder." Jieun repeated.

"Hey at least you didn't get ditched by your best friend." Daehyun pouted. Jieun chuckled. Daehyun smiled as he managed to Jieun feel better. "Thank you very much ..." Jieun paused. She still doesn't know his name. How stupid of her. After all he's done for her and she doesn't even ask for his name. "Daehyun. My name is Daehyun." He said. "And my name is Jieun." She shook his hands. "I'm grateful for your time Daehyun-shi." Daehyun nodded in response. "Eyy don't be so formal. You can just call me Daehyun."

"That does the same for you." Jieun replied. "Sure. Why not. But what about your audition?" Daehyun asked. Jieun gasped. How could she forget? She just missed her once in a lifetime opportunity. "Oh no. I ran away from the audition." Jieun sulked. "Don't be sad. I have an idea." Daehyun winked. "An idead?" Jieun asked. "I was supposed to do a duet with my friend but since I was ditched. How about we audition together?" Daehyun smiled. "Of course. I would be very thankful." Jieun bowed. Daehyun chuckled at her cuteness. 

"Then let's go. Otherwise we'll miss this audition too," he laughed. Jieun smiled and they walked in together. Thankfully they weren't late. They patiently waited for their turn to come. In the mean time, they practiced. Very hard. "Next are the duets," the staff member informed. Jieun took a deep breathe before standing up. "Let's go," Jieun said as she reached for Daehyun's hand which he grabbed gladly. They were just ten steps away from their dream. "By the way Jieun, you own me a treat," Daehyun said as they walked inside the room and Jieun just smiled and nodded.

Our passion for singing brought us together.