Bathtime

Bathtime

 

It was brave of Ilhoon to visit Sehun when he was at the SM building. Today was special though and definitely worth the risk; today was their two year anniversary. Ilhoon had spent hours working hard and actually making plans—by himself this time.

 

Well, Eunkwang and Minhyuk did set all the stuff up with the florist and Hyunsik did get him the dinner reservations. Sungjae had helped him pick out the gift too. Peniel and Changsub only got him the tickets though. Ilhoon frowned. So he hadn't done everything, but he had walked all the way to pick Sehun up; only Sungjae and Peniel had come with him.

 

“Hyung, where are we meeting him?” Sungjae was excited and they all knew his real reasons—he was convinced he was going to meet Girl's Generation.

 

“They're probably at practice,” Ilhoon shrugged, eyeing the massive building before them with disdain; “He said they get done around eight.”

 

“It's already eight thirty,” Peniel hummed, checking his watch; “Maybe we should go inside? He could be in the lobby. I mean, it is cold out here.”

 

“Fine,” Ilhoon led the way, but he was nervous. Something about the SM building seemed so daunting and unwelcoming. He tucked his hands in his sleeves and shimmied into his coat collar, even though he knew it wasn't the cold that had made him shiver.

 

The three of them stepped inside and as they did, nearly ran into some of EXO who only Ilhoon was really familiar with. They were going as BtoB was coming. The three men looked completely exhausted and only offered mild bows as an apology.

 

“Sorry, I wasn't looking where I was going,” Chanyeol said with uncharacteristic quietness before looking at the three of them fully; he grinned; “Ilhoon-ah! What are you doing here?”

 

“Looking for Sehunnie probably,” Kai chuckled nudging Ilhoon with his elbow.

 

Ilhoon smiled; he felt like it had been forever since he'd seen the other men. Over the years he liked to think they'd become friends. “I am actually. Have you seen him?”

 

“Sehun?” Baekhyun asked, peeking his way between Kai and Chanyeol's shoulders; “Yeah, he stayed upstairs.”

 

Ilhoon looked at the steps behind the other men, motioning with his head; “Can we...?”

 

“Oh!” Chanyeol laid a hand on Ilhoon's shoulder and steered him toward the staircase; “Yeah, yeah. That's fine. Go up six floors, take a left, and it's practice room 636. Do you want us to show you?”

 

“No, that's okay,” Ilhoon answered immediately; the three of them looked like a trip up the stairs would kill them, hell they didn't even look like they could handle an elevator ride; “I'm sure we can find it ourselves.”

 

Chanyeol sagged a little in relief; “Good. I hope you and Sehun-ah have a nice night.” With that, the bands said their goodbyes and went their separate ways.

 

“They looked beat,” Peniel said offhandedly as they started up the steps.

 

Sungjae shrugged; “Their second album just came out—they probably have a lot on their schedules.”

 

“I just hope Sehun-ah isn't...” Peniel frowned worriedly.

 

“Me too,” Ilhoon muttered, still embarrassed to talk openly about his boyfriend; “I hope he's taking care of himself.”

 

“With you on his back reminding him all the time, how could he not?” Sungjae snorted, but he really was trying to comfort Ihloon. When Ilhoon sent him a pissy scowl, Sungjae knew he'd succeeded.

 

“What room were we looking for again?” Peniel interrupted, glancing around the endless hallways full of endless rooms in a daze; “So many...”

 

Just then, the sound of voices reached them; one loud, angry voice to be exact. They shared concerned looks before inching toward the sound. They felt so out of place and a gut wrenching feeling that they should not be there was shared between them.

 

“Maybe we should-” Peniel was about to suggest when the yelling interrupted him.

 

“You're pathetic Sehun!” Ilhoon tensed immediately and his friends turned to him; “Do you think you can mess up like that on stage?! You want to let everyone down like that, huh!?”

 

It was coming from room 636 and when the three of them stopped in front of it, they stilled uncomfortably. The door had a glass window and they peeked inside with a not small amount of hesitance.

 

Sehun was a mess of sweat and ruffled clothing. He was standing tensely, in what Ilhoon could see was a lot of pain, and his arm was holding his abdomen defensively. A man, one of their managers no doubt, was in Sehun's face yelling viciously and Ilhoon could see his lover withering under him.

 

“Don't you have anything to say for yourself?!” the manager shoved Sehun and Ilhoon's hand snagged the door handle immediately, but Sungjae halted him with a tense look; “Well?!”

 

“S-sorry,” they could see Sehun mutter before he was slapped across the face.

 

Ilhoon couldn't be stopped by anything this time. He barreled into the room like a force of nature and hauled the manager backward to face him with strength unfitting of his small frame. The older man let out a surprised yelp as Ilhoon stepped into his face.

 

“Leave him alone,” Ilhoon growled as Peniel and Sungjae steered him back; “If you lay another hand on him, I swear to God I will-”

 

“Ilhoon?” Sehun's incredulous voice was a blur of complete relief and utter shame; “How did you-?”

 

“Who the hell are you?” the manager snapped viciously, pointing an offensive finger at Ilhoon; “How dare you talk to me like that?”

 

“You're right ahjussi,” Ilhoon smiled coldly and his eyes narrowed dangerously; “I should be more polite. You should lie down and rest. Child abuse must be really exhausting. Your arm must be so tired!”

 

“Ilhoon, it's okay,” Sehun stepped in, laying a hand on Ilhoon's shoulder.

 

“No, Sehun,” Ilhoon settled at his touch, but his rage continued to burn; “it isn't.”

 

“I will call security and get you thrown out of this building for-!” the manager started, but Ilhoon cut him off.

 

Snagging Sehun's hand, Ilhoon pulled him away; “Don't bother, we're leaving.”

 

As Ilhoon took Sehun away, and Peniel scooped up his forgotten belongings, the manager sputtered around nothing to say. Sungjae gave the man a dark look as he slammed the door behind them, cutting off his voice.

 

“Who does he think he is treating you like that?” Ilhoon snapped, squeezing Sehun's hand and Sehun returned the gesture.

 

“He's just one of the dance instructors,” Sehun sighed, irritated and exhausted; “He's kind of a .”

 

“We got that,” Sungjae snickered humorlessly.

 

Once they were securely on the elevator, Ilhoon Sehun. His slender fingers fussed over Sehun's face, rubbing at his chin and brushing his bangs away worriedly. He stared into Sehun's eyes with an intense concern he rarely ever showed.

 

“Are you okay?” Ilhoon pressed quietly.

 

Sehun sagged into Ilhoon's sharp shoulder and wrapped him arms around Ilhoon's thin waist lazily. Through his surprise, Ilhoon caught the other man up and returned the embrace immediately. He toyed thoughtlessly at Sehun's sweaty hair as Sehun hummed appreciatively.

 

“Ilhoonie~” he grumbled, muffled by Ilhoon's jacket; “I'm tired.”

 

“Well don't fall asleep here,” Ilhoon jeered playfully; “I will drop you Sehun.”

 

“Fine. I don't care,” Sehun hummed, turning just enough to kiss the soft skin of Ilhoon's neck. When Ilhoon gasped, Sehun smirked into his flesh.

 

“Yah!” Sungjae kicked Sehun in the shin and he jerked away from Ilhoon with a startled yelp; “Come on hyung, cut it out!”

 

Sehun chuckled; “Sorry, sorry. I forgot you were here.” Then realization seemed to dawn on Sehun and he grabbed Ilhoon's shoulders, pushing the shorter man back just enough for their eyes to meet; “Our anniversary! Aish, I didn't have a chance to change. Are we going out, Ilhoon-ah? Can we stop by your place so I can shower real quick?”

 

Ilhoon examined Sehun's features for an assessing moment before answering with a small smile; “We aren't going out. I have a better idea.”

 

By the time they reached BtoB's dorm, Sehun was panting and a sweat had broken across his skin. He leaned an arm over Sungjae's shoulder to keep him from limping. He may have thought he was being subtle, but Sehun wasn't at all.

 

When he caught the other's worried glances he grinned; “I'm really sore. I think I worked out too hard today.”

 

“That's a switch,” Ilhoon shook his head with a chuckle, but clear worry clung to his expression.

 

“You're back-ah! Ilhoon-ah~” Minhyuk greeted, playing a video game with Eunkwang; “I thought you were going out.”

 

“Yeah, didn't you have dinner-?” Eunkwang started and immediately stopped when he caught Ilhoon's death glare and then his eyes darted toward something else; “Oh, Sehunnie. I didn't see you behind behemoth Sungjae there.”

 

Sungjae was about to bite back some witty comment when Ilhoon cut him off; “We are going to use the bathroom. Please don't bother us.”

 

“Oh~ You naughty kids!” Minhyuk mocked; “Doing that while we're all here.”

 

Ilhoon only offered up a cheeky smile before tugging Sehun along with him. Once they were inside the small space of the bathroom, Ilhoon locked the door. Sehun quirked a brow at his boyfriend and smirked.

 

“Someone's ,” Sehun chuckled and Ilhoon swatted his shoulder.

 

“That's not-” Ilhoon huffed before taking on a more serious air; “You need some rest, Sehun.”

 

Tired guilt sank into Sehun's face and he looked away from the shorter man. He was quiet for a long moment, his solemn weariness weighing him down. When he finally spoke, his voice was fatigued and remorseful; “Did you really make dinner plans?”

 

“Yeah, I made all kinds of plans,” Ilhoon caught Sehun's chin and tipped him back, so they were looking in each other's eyes; “but all of them.”

 

Sehun blinked in surprise before laughing despite his unease; “I thought you liked that kind of stuff.”

 

“Sure, but I like you more,” Ilhoon grinned; “It's our anniversary and all I want is to be with you. It doesn't matter where we are or what we're doing.”

 

“Ilhoon,” Sehun carded his fingers through Ilhoon's hair and he smiled tiredly; “Thank you.”

 

Ilhoon kissed his lips softly and just as Sehun melted into the gesture, Ilhoon pushed Sehun's jacket down his shoulders, taking it off. Then chilly hands lifted Sehun's tank top up and Ilhoon leaned back, pulling it over Sehun's head.

 

“What...what are you doing?” Sehun gulped as Ilhoon tossed the garment aside and took his shirt off too; “I thought we weren't-”

 

“We aren't,” Ilhoon leaned over, turning the water to the bathtub on nice and hot; “Why do you think we are in the bathroom, idiot?”

 

Renewed with pure excitement, Sehun grinned giddily and caught Ilhoon up in a back hug, lifting the thin man off the ground. As he planted little kisses on the back of Ilhoon's neck appreciatively, Ilhoon shrieked with laughter and twisted away. Sehun held him close, squeezing tightly as Ilhoon's feet found the floor once again.

 

“Ilhoon-ah!” Sehun chirped excitedly in Ilhoon's ear; “Let's put bubbles in it!”

 

“Aish, what are you, a child?” Ilhoon scolded, still grinning like an idiot, and dumped half a bottle of soap into the water stream anyway.

 

Bubbles blossomed immediately and Sehun watched them with big eyes from his perch on Ilhoon's shoulder; “Whoa! Look at how many there are already!”

 

Ilhoon rolled his eyes, but it was clear he was enjoying himself just as much as Sehun. Turning, still in Sehun's tight hold, Ilhoon pressed their bodies together and Sehun gasped, a little surprised and a little needy.

 

Under thick eyelashes, Ilhoon watched Sehun endearingly as his tiny hands slid under the edge of Sehun's sweats and pushed them down. As Sehun kicked them off, Ilhoon ed his own jeans and stepped out of them lithely. The two of them were still holding each other and the fact that they were now didn't seem as important as their embrace.

 

Slender fingers ghosted across the slowly fading red mark on Sehun's cheek and Ilhoon frowned. “Does it hurt?” he murmured as Sehun laid a much larger hand over his.

 

“No, not at all,” Sehun slid Ilhoon's hand to his lips and kissed his palm gingerly; “It's okay, Ilhoonie. I promise.”

 

“Seeing you like this...” Ilhoon growled; “it makes me want to protect you.”

 

Sehun stuttered; “Th-that's a little-”

 

“They better not touch you again,” Ilhoon said sternly.

 

“Trust me, they won't,” Sehun squeezed Ilhoon's dainty fingers reassuringly; “Tao knows wushu and he's kicked a few asses on my behalf before.”

 

Shaking his head, Ilhoon chuckled and leaned into Sehun's chest. Sehun kissed Ilhoon's temple as Ilhoon snuggled into him. “Jagiya...?” he didn't use the pet name often and Ilhoon shivered at the way it rolled off of Sehun's tongue like pure .

 

“Yeah?” Ilhoon hummed, settled comfortably under Sehun's chin.

 

Sehun's hand slid down the pale skin of Ilhoon's back and ended at the curve of his waist. Ilhoon shivered. “Jagiya,” Sehun repeated, whispering seductively before laughing; “the bathtub is going to overflow!”

 

Ilhoon clambered from his arms to turn the faucet off hurriedly; “Aish! Why didn't you say something sooner?”

 

“Someone distracted me by stealing my pants,” Sehun retorted, cheeky.

 

Ilhoon glanced over his shoulder at his lover and he frowned worriedly. Sehun was leaning against the counter, holding himself up. Dipping a petite foot into the water, Ilhoon hissed before stepping inside. The taller man watched Ilhoon's every move as he sank into the hot liquid and leaned his spine along the back of the basin.

 

“Come here,” just above the bubbles, Sehun could see Ilhoon's knobby knees peeking out on either side of the tub and Ilhoon motioned between them, spreading his arms.

 

Wincing stiffly, Sehun grinned and, disregarding his pain, pounced into the water. Ilhoon let out a shrill laugh when Sehun splashed him, giggling. Once the waves had slowed, Sehun settled between Ilhoon's legs. With a calming exhale, Ilhoon wrapped his arms around Sehun's clavicle as Sehun relaxed back into his chest.

 

“You're so bony,” Sehun joked, playing with the bubbles around them shamelessly.

 

Ilhoon dropped his chin onto Sehun's head; “Yeah, well, so are you.”

 

A startled moan slipped past Sehun's lips as Ilhoon began to message his shoulders. His head fell back onto Ilhoon's collar bone when Ilhoon rubbed down his arms and Sehun's eyes fell shut. After a long, calm moment, Sehun caught Ilhoon's hands and settled them into his chest, holding them gently.

 

“You're so stiff,” Ilhoon hummed, concerned before adding with a playful kiss in Sehun's hair; “And not even in the good way either.”

 

Sehun only hummed in response. It was clear that he was falling asleep, so Ilhoon let him. Pulling their joined hands a little tighter, Ilhoon lifted Sehun into a more comfortable position and Sehun stirred with a moan.

 

“Sorry jagiya,” Ilhoon rubbed Sehun's palms apologetically; “Sleep. It's alright.”

 

“I want to stay like this forever,” Sehun mumbled quietly; “I love you so much.” Then he dozed off before Ilhoon could get a single word in and Ilhoon chuckled.

 

“I love you too, Sehun,” Ilhoon whispered and leaned into the other, a little tired himself.

 

The heat was making him sleepy and as he watched Sehun's chest rise and fall, Ilhoon's eyelids became heavy. Sehun asleep in his arms and his band mates making a ruckus outside made Ilhoon smile to himself. This anniversary had turned out better than he ever could have planned. He was so happy and content that when he closed his eyes, Ilhoon drifted off immediately.