800 Days

800 Days

Two years, two months and eight days.

The brunette blinked, tired eyes staring at the ceiling in the dark. It was still early - way too early for her liking - but she knew she wouldn’t be able to fall asleep anytime soon. A peek at the bedside alarm told her that there was only an hour left before she'll have to wash up, doing her duties as a leader to wake the rest up; their comeback was only days away and they have no time to lose. She stretched her hands and legs on the bed, eyes closed as she winced - days and days of extended dance practice had worn her body out, and the leader knew that at this point in time the only thing driving them all onwards was the thought of being able to stand on the stage again.

But this time, instead of seven, there would only be six.

Chorong sighed, the voice inaudible in the room. She turned her head to the side when sounds of ruffling bed sheets could be heard, shaking her head inwardly at Eunji’s sleeping position. Then, silence, except for the constant whirring of the air conditioning in the room and the even breathing of her room mates.

Yookyung’s departure was quite an emotional ride for all of them. It was sudden, and everything happened so fast that the next thing Chorong remember, was her being summoned to the office and informed of the decision.

Informed, not discuss. The choice was made, and her only choice was to accept it.

She never knew the full reason. Medias speculate that there was more than just studies; even the members were guessing the real reason. But Chorong was just confused. Is there a ‘real’ reason at all, isolated from all the sudden surge of questions bombarding them? All she knew was that, when Yookyung had took her hand and smiled, saying that "Chorong-unnie, I’d be fine!", parts of her heart had been broken into pieces.

Because for once, the strong leader of Apink was being comforted by a dongsaeng three years younger, and she bit back the tears forming in her eyes with a firm nod.

She’ll be fine. They all will be. And maybe, one day, Yookyung would return - and even if she doesn’t, A-Pink will go on. Because she had promised, not only to the girls but to herself, that as long as she’s the leader, she will pull the group together.

The alarm rang, and Chorong winced slightly at the loud intro, biting back a giggle when Eunji groaned, satoori coming out as she turned it off. Time to wake up, a fresh start to a brand new day.

800 days, and ongoing.