Walking or Racing?

Remember Me

       It was a beautiful day outside with the smooth smell of the cherry blossoms blossoming and the exposing of the warmth of the sun. Little seven year old girl Kim Chanyeon was running around the spacy playground. Carefully climbing on the short length monkey bars, happily rolling down her way from the swirly slide, standing on the wooden balcony watching her surroundings. The little girl smiled happily, as she felt the breezy air blowing her long, straight hair. She tucked a strand of hair behind her ear. 

     Out of a sudden, a huge group of kids a bit older than Chanyeon came running towards her playing tag, knocking her over. She slowly sat up and stared at her bruise knee as she felt small tears streaming down her face. She sat still on the same spot and proceeded on crying, still staring at her bruised knee that had a small amount of blood dripping off. 

        “Are you alright?” A smooth, white skinned hand appeared in front of her. Chanyeon was confused, yet she managed to look up only to see a dark-haired boy who looked like they were the same age, smiling at her with a cute eye-smile. Chanyeon stared at the boy for a few minutes. 

          “Hi, I asked if you were alright but you're staring at me and it's starting to get quite creepy.” The boy looked at her as she immediately stopped staring at the boy and shifted her eyes towards her bruised knee. “Is your knee bleeding? Come on, we'll tell your mom.” The boy had suggested but Chanyeon was still confused. First of all, the boy was a complete stranger and second of all, why is he acting so caring? 

          The boy looked at Chanyeon and sighed, in a discouraged way. “Are you going to come or not? Your knee is bruised.” The boy offered his hand again as Chanyeon took a deep breath and gently grabbed the soft hand of the boy and stood up. “Your knee looks really bad. Lets come down and tell your mom what happened. Wait, what happened anyways?” The boy shifted his attention towards Chanyeon, walking down the wooden steps. However, Chanyeon only shrugged. 

         “Mom, this girl's knee is bruised.” The boy had approached his mother who was standing on the sidewalk, talking to another woman. The other woman asked surprised, “Chanyeon?” Chanyeon looked up at her and realized it was her mother. She smiled and ran towards her mom, along with a hug. “Honey, what happened to your knee?” 

   Chanyeon looked up at her mom and said along with a pout, “I was standing on the balcony and these group of kids ran towards me and knocked me over.” The boy looked at Chanyeon with a face of disbelief. “I thought she couldn't talk.” He muttered softly. “Hey, that's not nice.” His mom looked at him with a little glare. 

        “It's because Chanyeon is just naturally quiet when she meets people for the first time.” Her mother explained, along with a smile as the other woman nodded. “Anyways, how did you find her?” This time, it was the boy's mom who had managed to asked. “I was playing around the slides and I suddenly heard crying from somewhere, so I tried to follow the noise and finally figured out that it was her and offered her a hand.” The sweet little boy showed his adorable eye-smile once again. “Your son is a very nice sweet little boy.” Chanyeon's mom complimented as she was in the middle of plastering a bandage on Chanyeon's knee. 

            “It should heal in a few minutes, so don't you worry baby.” Chanyeon's mom smiled softly as Chanyeon returned the smile, along with her beautiful dimples. “Why don't you both go play or take a walk?” The little boy's mom suggested as the sweet little boy obediently nodded. “Yeah, baby. You should go take a walk with him and be friends.” Chanyeon's mom added as Chanyeon whined at first but eventually gave up. 

   They were walking down the large sidewalk, with Chanyeon about 3 feet away from the boy. Instead of taking a good walk with a flowing conversation, it seemed more like a race. “Yah, yah. Wait up.” The boy called out, catching up with the speedy little girl. After a few minutes, he had finally succeeded on catching up with her. Although, it took a large amount of running and skipping. 

    “Hey, we should have a conversation.” The little boy suggested, breaking the awkward silence that they have had for about 5 minutes. As expected, the little mysterious girl had only shook her head. “Hey, I had already heard your voice. Why won't you talk to me?” The little girl just shrugged. 

    “Anyways, lets tell each other our names. Well, as a matter of fact, I already know that your name is Chanyeon which is a really pretty name.” The boy smiled with his incredibly full of adorableness eye-smile. Chanyeon shifted her gaze towards him. “My name is pretty?” Finally, Chanyeon had spoken. 

    “Ah, finally you spoke.” The eye-smile boy let out a huge sigh of relief. “Ah, you only said that to make me speak to you?” Chanyeon asked, glaring at the eye-smile boy. The boy had pouted and whined, “No, no. Your name is really pretty, seriously. I was just happy that you finally said something to me.” 

      “Yeah, whatever.” Chanyeon spat and looked to her other direction, avoiding the gaze of the eye-smiling boy. “Hey, don't say that. We're supposed to become friends.” The boy pouted cutely, while looking down at the ground. “It's not written in the law.” Chanyeon rolled her eyes. 

       It was about 15 minutes of walking around in silence, no words coming out of anyone's mouth. Chanyeon shifted her gaze towards the down-looking boy. It felt strange not seeing his bright eye-smile and also for not even communicating with her. In other words, it felt weird having him ignore her. 

     “Thank you..by the way for saving me today.” Chanyeon muttered quietly, hoping he wouldn't hear it. “You're welcome. It probably won't be the last.” Unfortunately, he did. “Hey, stop right there. Are you calling me clumsy?” Chanyeon turned to the boy with a ferocious glare, hands on her hips. The little boy plastered a teasing grin, as he ran away sticking his tongue out. 

        “Hey, yah! Yah! Come back. I'm going to catch you.” Chanyeon ran as fast as she could, the little boy continuously running while panting. The little boy announced a time-out and Chanyeon complained that there were no time-outs in this game but unfortunately, Chanyeon had already caught the boy before he even yelled time-out. The worst thing was that she accidentally hugged him, instead of just tagging. It happened due to an aggressive attack. 

          “You're hugging me.” The little boy grinned and chuckled as Chanyeon immediately let go of him, wiped her hands with her clothes, and spat, “Ew.” With his direction turned, the little boy smiled. They continued walking as Chanyeon continuously wiped all the cooties from her hands. “So, in what grade are you in?” The little boy asked, kicking a small pebble from the ground. “1st grade.” Chanyeon responded. “Cool! I'm in 1st grade too.” 

            “What's your favorite food?” The little boy constantly asked different random questions in order to make the conversation flow. “Ice cream.” The little boy nodded and replied, “Delicious! My favorite food is pizza though, yum.” Chanyeon plastered a disgusted look and added, “I'm allergic to pizza.” 

  After Chanyeon stated that, the little boy bursted out into laughter. Chanyeon looked at him weirdly, figuring out what was so hilarious to laugh about. “How can you be allergic to pizza?” The boy asked, in between laughter. “It's hereditary. My dad is allergic to tomato sauce, my mom is allergic to cheese, therefore I'm allergic to pizza.” Chanyeon explained, hoping the laughing idiot would understand her. “That's just stupid.” The boy laughed again in disbelief. “No, you're just stupid.” Chanyeon rolled her eyes and started walking faster. 

              “Hey, hey! Walk slowly. I was going to ask what your favorite sport was!” The boy called out from the far away little girl. Out of a sudden, the little boy looked around and found a shortcut. He slid down the slippery slides and down the ground and ran towards the girl. Chanyeon looked surprised as to how he had gotten next to her out of the blue. “It's pretty cold outside here, ain't it?” The little boy asked excitedly as Chanyeon shook her head. 

    “Jongie, we have to go now! Come on, lets go!” It was the little boy's mom calling out as he smiled and walked quickly down to where his mom was. “We're going now as well too Chanyeon!” Chanyeon ran down towards her mom and smiled. 

        “By the way, my name is Sungjong. But you can call me..” Before he could finish, a little brunette haired boy appeared. “Hyung, you should have been there kicking that ball with us.” The boy who just appeared panted but smiled. 

                           “...Taeha. Call me Taeha. Alright?” He finished as Chanyeon nodded, surprisingly along with a smile. “Lets go home now. Get in the car, Sehun.”