Levi x Reader -

Shingeki no Kyojin One-Shot Compilations

It's already 1am and it's about time to leave on your part-time job. You are currently working in Rose Bar and Bevereage to support yourself and your study. Mr. Erwin Smith, gladly welcomed you when you applied since there are only few crews in the bar. You worked as a waitress together with Ms. Hanji in the counter. It is quite hard working at night but you still managed to work on it for yourself.

It's been 2 years when you started living alone when your father and mother separated. You had been living with your mother but you chose to live by yourself and support your study without the help of your parents. You chose to be independent with them because you don't want to be involved in their immature and irrational fights in your house. Though your academic achivements are exemplary, you are still not contented on your life.

"Goodbye, Ms. Hanji! Please tell Mrs. Smith that I can't bid a goodbye on him!" you said cheerfully. There are only few customers this night since it's weekday so Mr. Smith won't need to be here to help you.

"Okay! Goodbye too and take care!" said Ms. Hanji.

Ms. Hanji started working here 1 year before you applied and luckily she was always kind for everyone. She wears an eyeglass and tied her dark-brown hair in ponytail to avoid disruptions at work. She may look calm and approachable at first and you will not notice how crazy and obssessed is she on the anime "Attack on Titan." She really love the titans and went crazy everytime she think about it that she even accidentally pour the wines incorrectly. 

You opened the door and leave the bar.

At last, you can finally rest. It will take 30 mins. before you go to your house so you have to hurry. There's just so much assignments and essays that you need to work with.

As you walked yourself to the bus stop, you saw a shadow hiding behind the isle. You don't need to panic on who he is, just by looking on his height and posture, you can easily guess that it's Levi, your boy-next-door.

"Good evening, Levi." you greeted and the shadow forwarded. He does not need to reply, just by looking at you with his bored and snobbish eyes, you can tell that he's saying "it's not a good evening, brat!"

"So how's your day?" you said as he walked beside you.

"ty."

With that quick reply, you just smiled at him and gave him a That's-Okay-Look. You knew Levi since last year and you already accepted the fact that he's an unapproachable nasty shorty who always want this surroundings to be clean and dirtless. Levi may not have a good height like other man but he is the type of man who always take care of other people (without them noticing him.) Behind his intimidating aura, he always want everything to be perfect.

Levi seems to notice that you're carrying too much things tonight.

"What's with those papers, Brat?"

You realized that he's pertaining to your homework. "Oh? These are my homeworks that should be finished this night."

"Let me handle those." he said and quickly grabbed your papers. He's right, these papers are heavy. A pettite girl like you shouldn't carry papers like these.

"Oh! No! It's okay!"

But Levi pretended not to hear you. He may be a shorty, but he's really a gentleman. You proved that many times. He always helped you with the things he think you can't handle. He even helped you working on your essays and exams during midterms. He's taking BS Computer Engineering while you are taking Bachelor in FIne Arts but he still managed to help you. A good guy, right? So generous.

You walked silently but not awkwardly. You're just enjoying yourself with the silence and your walk with Levi.

People might ask you about your relationship with him, but even you don't know the answer. You talk with him like a bestfriend, argued like a husband and wife (what?), and protects him like your brother. You are seriously comfortable with him around. But, what if you ask him about your relationship? What do you think he will answer?

"Uhm, Levi. Can I ask you a question?"

"You're already questioning me." he said,

The heck is wrong with this guy! When will he start talking with you nicely! 

But you can't say the question. God, [name], you'll just ask him 'Levi, what do think is your relationship with me?' and you're nervous? You don't even bother asking how many abs did he have and you can't ask this stupid question?

"You see, we knew each other since freshmen, right?"

"Yes."

"You always helped me on my essays and exams."

"That's right." he said without even bothering to look at you.

"You always wait for my part-time job and walk home with me."

"Yes."

"Our friends asked me about our relationship, what do you think I'll say to them? At last, you already said it!

You waited for the answer but a bus stopped in fornt of you. Both of you sitted at the back and Levi still did not answer. Of course you know it's a ridiculous question but you really want to know his answer. You're hundered percent sure that he's not in love with you, but you just want to assume.

8 mins. have passed and the bus stopped in front of your boarding house. There's still this awkward silence yet he's still not answering. You thought you already know the answer. You're just stupid expecting something from him. This short clean freak with such a cute and nice with a perfect hairdo can never like you! Stupid! You juse sighed and followed him 'til both of you stopped in front of your dorm.

You thought that maybe he did not hear your question. Good. Please don't make you remember something embarassing like that again

"Here." Levi said giving your papers to you.

"Uhm. Thanks." as you accepted your things.

"I have an answer now."

"Huh? What answer?"

"About my feelings towards you."

You suddenly felt the hotness on your cheeks. You already thought that he did not hear your stupid question. "Oh! That! You don't really have to answer that question! It's just--ugh--ugh--" but you can't find the right term for what you want to say. You waved you hands to him and forced him to go now.

"Really. I know you're already tired and might misheard something I didn't say. I did not ask you about our relationship. really! " you said to him defensively.

"I'm not stupid like you, Brat I heard all of it!"

You shut your mouth and looked away. Levi's looking at you with his usual pokerfaced expression with a straight lips and intimidating stare.

"Okay. Sorry. So what's---" but you are not able to speak more because you felt something hot sensation touching your lips. You thought you're dreaming because you dropped your papers as Levi held both of your arms which made your body stiffen. Stop imagining things you ert!

"Friends." he said quietly.

But why did you felt something scrunching and cracking inside your heart. You don't know how did it felt this way since you're really not expecting something 'romantic' on him.

You gave him a small smile hiding the pain you are feeling. Of course Levi knew that you're hurting. That is why he chose to say that you're 'friends.' Because when you realize that Levi's in love with you too and your feelings are mutual, your relationship might change. Of course he don't want that. He can protect you more if you're friends. He's just being rational.

"Friends. Yeah. We're friends." you said silently. You suddenly felt your tears coming out from your eyes. You quickly closed the door and bid him a 'goodnight.'

Levi was left on the opposite side thinking if he really did the right thing. In his mind of course, he's a hundred percent sure it's the right choice, but why did he feel pain inside his heart? The same feeling when he's betraying a friend. The confused feeling telling him that he just made the wrong choice. He felt the coldness and numbness in his body as he walked inside his dorm.

"ing stupid, Brat. Why do I have to feel this way?"