Adventure Getaway

Believe In Me
Please log in to read the full chapter

"Mark could you loosen up on the window. You look like you've been glued there to patch a broken window," Jackson said as he helplessly watches Mark. But the Taiwanese boy didn't budge. Not a single muscle loosened or tensed. Nothing at the moment mattered, whether if it was Jackson's worried words or him looking like an idiot. The only thing that matter right now was JR. Where was he? Jinyoung still didn't show up to watch Mark's plane take off but Mark waited patiently believing that his best friend would show. Just then, the plane’s engine started to move the giant metal. 

 

"What! What's going on? Why are we moving!" Mark instantly spins around yelling at Jackson as if it was his fault, making him flinch a little from being startled by Mark's sudden ferocity. 

 

"Mark.....calm down, please. The plane is just going to take off that's all" Jackson waits for a response hoping Mark would relax. 

 

"I know! But Jinyoung hasn't shown yet" 

 

"Mark, it's okay it's just..."

 

"Stop the plane!" Mark exclaims. 

 

"What!? Mark please, you can't just stop the plane." 

 

"Yes I can Jackson," Mark immediately shuts Jackson down. "Taecyeon! Tell them to stop the plane now!" 

 

Taecyeon quickly rises, "Yes sir." He starts to make his way to the pilot’s room but Jackson gently grabs Mark's arm. The bodyguard notices an unwanted grip on the small wrist of his Mark and quickly makes his way back to firmly grip Jackson with a warning by the shoulder. "Hey, let go of him now." Jackson could feel the immediate change in the atmosphere. He didn't think it was even possible for it to change this quickly and just because JR wasn’t going to watch the plane take off. The fear and anxiety was fuming from Mark. Jackson could even feel Mark trembling from what he thought could be a trauma for him. "Mark? Please.....Look at me......" 

 

Mark's tear filled eyes slowly make its way to Jackson's gaze. "I know your scared to leave your brother and going somewhere this far without the two most important people in your life but you have to believe in me when I say that we're going to be fine and we're going to have so much fun." His soft voice was slowly getting to Mark. He gently pulled Mark down to sit. "Jinyoung told me that he trusts me with you, so you can too okay?" 

 

The words snapped Mark into a different atmosphere. "JR said that to you?" 

 

Jackson forces his best smile because Jinyoung would never trust anything to Jackson but what could he say, this was the only way for him to calm Mark down. "Yeah he did. He uhhh came to my house early in the morning and we had a small talk." Hoping the lie would be enough for Mark, Jackson pats his friend’s shoulders. "So let's go have some fun like Jinyoung wants for us." 

 

"Yeah......you're right....let's go." Mark takes one last look at the airport where JR should be but finally looking away when the plane drove further off the runway. 

 

 

 

 

“Good evening gentlemen, Welcome to Okinawa’s Ritz Carlton Hotel,” the man at the reception desk sang as the heroic trio walked through the stained glass doors. When they reached the man who was still standing patiently waiting, Mark’s eyes widened. “Hey you’re the same guy who checked my brother and I in the last time we were here,” the boy laughed and waved at Changsung. The bashful handsome man flushed little pink circles on his cheeks from being remembered. “Yes, you’re absolutely right. I can’t believe Dr. Jaebum’s younger brother would remember me.” A small giggle fell from Changsung’s grateful smile. “Of course I remember. How could I not, you were looking like you were revived from the dead,” Mark laughed.

 

Jackson liked this atmosphere. He was glad that things turned out better than what happened at the airport. They made their way up to the floor of deluxe suites and unpacked, although Taecyeon took care of Mark’s luggage.

 

“Sir, have you called your hyung yet?” Taecyeon hung Mark’s last shirt and picked up Mark’s phone. “Oh ! I was supposed to do that hours ago.” Mark sprints to grab his phone from Taecyeon then jumping on the bed as he listened to the dial tone.

 

“Jaebum? Hyung?”

 

“Mark…..What have you been doing? You were supposed to call like-”

 

“I know, I know! Just forgot that’s all. Well, we’re here and we’re safe and sound. The flight for my bodyguards just landed about 15 minutes ago I think.” Mark glances at the clock hanging in his room to double check. “Yup like 15 minutes ago. They should be on their way to the hotel.”

 

“Okay well, I’m going to be working late tonight at the hospital. I have surgeries scheduled so get some rest okay dongsaeng?”

 

“I will Hyung. You try to get some too okay?”

 

But Mark only hears a soft laugh from Jaebum, “Goodnight Mark. I love you.”

 

“Night Hyung, I love you too!”

 

Mark sets the phone by the lamp sitting next to his bed and pulls off the bed sheets.

 

“What’re you doing?”

 

“Huh?” Mark looks up to see a confused Jackson with his arms crossed in front of his chest.

 

“I’m….I’m guna go to bed…..”

 

But Jackson just raises an eyebrow making Mark confused too. “What? Is there something wrong?”

 

Jackson makes his way in letting out a heavy sigh, “Duh there’s something wrong. What the hell are you doing going to bed? We just got here and you want to sleep? Let’s go out.” But Mark slowly pulls the sheet up to his waist a little hesitate. “But Hyung told me to go to sleep……” Mark pulls the sheets higher to hug it against his chest as he sat in the middle of the bed.

 

“Ugh! I’m not going to let you sleep when we just arrived. It’s only 9. You can go to sleep later so let’s go out.” Jackson pulls the sheets from Mark leaving him exposed with only a short on. ”Come on, let’s roll.”

 

Mark scratches his head in contemplation but finally reaches for his phone. “Okay well I’ll let Jaebum know, then we can head out.”

 

“What!” Jackson screeches. “Mark you’re not a kid. You’re an adult. Do you have to report everything to Jaebum? Let’s just go already. Put on a shirt.”

 

“But Jaebum doesn’t like it when I do things without him knowing. You of all people know that all too well.” Mark starts to press at his phone about to dial Jaebum’s number. Jackson takes the phone from Mark and hides it in one of Mark’s jackets. “Mark I know you don’t tell Jaebum everything, like taking a shower, taking a dump, or if you’re guna go get the mail.”

 

Mark’s eyes remained puppy round and stayed locked onto Jackson. “Are you serious? You actually tell him even about that stuff?” Mark simply nods with a tiny smile. “I’ll be like ‘Hyung! I’m guna shower now!’ or ‘Hey hyung I’m in the bathroom!’  and I don't go get the mail, Taecyeon does.”

 

“Okay, okay whatever let’s just go. You can just text him you’re guna stay up a little later.” Jackson gives up and goes to put on his shoes.

 

 

Taecyeon, Mark and Jackson are driving around Okinawa aimlessly and the two friends stare outside one of the windows. “You could of at least thought of a place to go to first instead of just driving around the city with no destination.” Mark leans his head on the window and lets out a groan. “Hey chill okay I have a plan and it’s to just go with the flow. It’s more fun when you just make it up as you go,” Jackson said with his sweetest smile. But Mark’s face remained a bit annoyed, “This is boring Jackson. I could have been sleeping.”

 

“Hey Taecyeon, check it out.” Jackson points in the direction where a very large portion of the city was glowing and flashing with colorful lights. “How about we try going over there to see what’s going on?” Mark’s eyes also found the lights and agreed to go since they’ve been driving around doing nothing for the past 20 minutes.

 

As they got closer and closer to the lights they heard loud music, yells of cheer and laughter. They finally pulled up to their desired destination and Taecyeon had second thoughts about letting them out of the car here. “Mark? I don’t think Jaebum would want you to be where at this time of night.” But Mark’s cheeks spread with a delighted smile. “Oh my gosh it’s a carnival Okcat! Let’s go, let’s go!” Taecyeon locks the doors when Mark tries to leave. “But Hyung, I’ve never been to one!” Mark pleads.

 

“Exactly Mark. It’s too dangerous if we don’t have it secured first.” Mark’s eyes start to change from delight to disappointment and hate from being turned down. So Taecyeon tries a different tactic. “I mean, Mark, wouldn’t you want Jaebum to be here with you on your first carnival?” Mark slumps his head, “You’re right, Hyung should be with me for my first time…..” Jackson instantly jumps into action, he’s not about to go back to the hotel without having any fun at all. Jack

Please log in to read the full chapter