final.

believe

The door of his balcony creaked as he stepped out into the night. A cold breeze brushed against his skin. Joe looked up into the skies of Oregon. The stars greeted him, reflecting within his brown hues. It was breathtaking. Star-gazing wasn't always his thing - it was theirs. It was like she was with him, Krystal Jung. The feeling of loneliness struck every nerve in him. His eyes narrowed, remembering the last time he had seen her.

 

 

'Joe.. My family is moving back to Seoul.' That sweet, familiar voice he adored was filled with sorrowful and pain. Her eyes begged for him, neither of them wanted to part from each other.

 

'... We'll be fine, Krys.' 

 

Everything seemed fine. They had cell phones, IM, and Skype. The immense time difference would be something to get used to. Joe's arms brought her into a tight hug, a single tear running down his face. 

 


'... I will never let distance come between us.' He promised.

 

 


It had been months since he had seen Krystal, physically. Like he said, they had IM and Skype but the only thing that damaged their relationship: the time difference. There were times where he had missed the calls and texts because of exhaustion. She never held it against him. They were 5,266 miles away from each other.

 

 

'Joe, look up at the sky..' Krystal breathed through the other line.

 

An eyebrow lifted up, gripping onto his cell phone before looking up into the star-filled sky.

 

'Alright, what about it?' 

 

'One day..' She giggled, 'All of these stars will guide us back to each other. If you ever feel lonely, just look up.'

 

His head was down, there was silence on both lines. It felt like his heart broke. Gleams of water fell from Joe's eyes. Her presence, warmth, touch, voice. Just her. He missed her so much.

 


He never broke eye contact with the stars. They made him smile. Krystal was right. It wasn't going to be very long until they see each other again. All they needed was to have patience and wait. Wait for the day they see each other again.

 

 

"Krystal, I wonder if you do the same thing as me.." Joe gave a small, gentle smile before whispering, "Whenever you feel lonely.. just look up."