Father's Arms

Father's Arms - Hoya

Letting out an exhausted sigh as he hit the hard leather couch, leaning back against the wall he ran his hand over his face, Hoya looked down at his phone as he saw that he missed a call. Not recognizing the number, he clicked on the number to reveal a message that was left. Clicking on the message, he pressed the phone to his ear while he leaned over his knees trying to catch his breath from dancing.

"Hello, this is Mrs. Kim from Busan Elementary School. How may I help you?" The older lady chimed over the phone.

"Hello Mrs. Kim, you called and I missed it, I was just wondering what it was about." Hoya asked a little curious as to why he got the call.

"Give me a few minutes, sir. What is your name?" The elderly lady asked as she placed the phone on her ear while her fingers got ready to type in his name.

"My name is Lee Howon and my son’s name is Lee Jinsoo." Hoya told her as her wrinkled fingers typed letting the letters pop up on the screen.

"Hmmmm oh I see. Well sir, I am sorry to report but your son got in a fight at school and you will have to come by the office to come and pick him up." The lady replied.

"Okay, I’ll be there." Hoya told her before ending the call, his eyes watched the background of his phone as it was you, him and his son with your newborn daughter in his arms.

With all of you smiling in the picture and Hoya kissing your cheek, he just smiled and let his phone’s screen turn off before he looked at the time. Grabbing his things, he headed out of the door and out to his car.

One of his hand securely sat on the top of the wheel as he carefully drove through the streets to get to Jinsoon’s school. Pulling into the parking lot, he looked at the school before he got out of the car.

Slipping they keys into his pocket after Hoya locked his car, he walked through the parking lot to the front doors. Pulling open the doors, the school halls were empty but were plastered with artwork and projects form the students.

Following the signs to the office, Hoya walked around the corner to see Jinsoo sitting on a bench outside of the Principal’s office. Sighing at the sight, he slowed his pace while he watched his son.

Jinsoon’s legs dangled off of the high bench as his purple shoes moved back and forth, his small hands clasped together while his uniform was wrinkled, his head hung low as his brown hair looked messed up and out of place.

The soft footsteps of his father caught his attention, his big brown eyes lifted as Hoya knelt in front of him.

"Daddy, are you mad?" The softest words came out from Jinsoo’s mouth as his head lowered, breaking the eye contact with his dad.

"Jin, how could I be mad at you?" Hoya smiled up at his son as Jinsoo’s eyes lifted back to meet his dad’s

"B-But I got in trouble…" Jinsoo’s brown eyes widened as Hoya smiled, nodding his head.

"I’m still not mad at you, but what I do want to know what happened." Hoya gently stood up, his knees cracking a little as he moved next to the bench beside his son.

"I got in a fight." Jinsoo looked back up at his dad as Hoya rested his arm on the back of the bench around his son.

"I was told, but what happened?" Hoya looked down at Jinsoo.

"W-Well, you know how you are kind of famous?" Jinsoo started as Hoya smirked.

"Kind of famous?" Hoya poked Jinsoo’s side with a bright smile as he nodded.

"The kids in my class knew that you were my dad but when they looked into your back story and when they found out about Mom, they kind of… well they didn’t like it. They thought that you and mom just had me and didn’t want to break up because of the cameras." Jinsoo dropped his eyes as his little hands were battered and bloodied.

"So…" Hoya moved slightly closer to his son

"So they made fun of you and mom… and… and I…" Jinsoo’s voice started to crack, his little hands beginning to shake between one another, tears dripped from his large eyes and onto his dirt stained pants.

Hoya watched as his heart broke, lifting his son into his arms he wrapped his arms around the small body, Jinsoo wrapped his arms around his dad’s shoulders, burying his face into his t shirt as tears rolled down his face. His little body shake from the sobs as Hoya started to rock from side to side, Hoya pet his son’s brown hair as Jinsoo’s hands gripped onto his shirt tighter.

"They made fun of Mom and me and you wanted to get back at them?" Hoya asked as Jinsoo’s little head nodded while taking in shaky breath.

"It’s okay, just know that I love your mom very much and we had you because we loved each other so much. Just like your sister." Hoya whispered words of comfort to his son while Jinsoo’s tears started to subside.

"Are you hurt?" Hoya asked pulling his son away from his shoulder to look over him. Jinsoo shook his head, while Hoya wiped away the tears of his son with his thumb, with a split lip and some bruises Hoya nodded as he stood up.

Jinsoo placed his head back on his dad’s shoulder, wrapping his arms around his dad’s strong neck, he closed his eyes while Hoya held him in his arms, letting his legs swing on his sides as he walked out of the school.

The safest place to be is in your father’s arms - Unknown