Unprepared

Unprepared

(Request from ukk0345)

Your phone is vibrating in your hand.  You’re lying on the couch from where you fell asleep watching some variety show reruns.  Thank goodness I remembered to set an alarm to start to get ready.  You had a date with your boyfriend in a couple hours and you needed time to get gorgeous.  You look at the phone that continues to buzz in your hand.  It’s 5:02.  Your boyfriend was picking you up at 7.

You think about your boyfriend.  Dongwoon had been on tour with his idol group for two months and you missed him terribly.  Yeah sure, he called you like every day and sent you a ton of pictures, but that is so not the same. 

You stand up and stretch out the kinks in your back.  You catch a glimpse of yourself in the full-length wall mirror.  Man, do you need those two hours.  You are a wreck!  Your hair is knotted up in a messy bun that looked like a dilapidated beehive, your acne is particularly bad today, and you are still in your PJs and fairly thick-rimmed glasses.

You start to head back to the bathroom when you hear a knock on the door.  You look in its direction confused.  You rack your memory.  Did you make other plans without thinking again?  There is a knock again, this time a bit louder than before.  You run to the door and open it just a little bit, so as to hide your scary appearance.

“Yes?  Can I hel….”  You stare at the guest at your door, totally shocked.

“Jagiya?”

Dongwoon stands in your doorway, looking very dashing in some khaki pants and a plain white shirt with some kind of design made up of black lines.  He’s wearing large sunglasses that completely black out his eyes and his hair is dark down and swooped over his forehead.  Utter Perfection.

Dongwoon took off his sunglasses and stared at you with a look of disbelief.  “Jagiya.”  A smile spread across his face.  His sunglasses hit the ground as he rushed you and took you his arms so tightly you couldn’t breathe.  You squeeze him back, as you are forced back a few steps, his arms the only thing keeping you from hitting the floor.

You can’t help, but start laughing in happiness.  It had just been two months, but it felt much longer than that and you were about to go crazy.  Now he was here.  He was in your arms and you could hold him close to you, just like you dreamt every night since he left.  You felt like crying, but you didn’t want to ruin the moment.

Dongwoon released you just enough to see your face and bring his lips to yours in a minding blowing kiss.  You can tell he missed you just as much as you missed him.  You hadn’t felt this much passion from him since…well…uhm.  My mind is so high in the sky that I can’t straightly think or is it clearing thinkly?

Dongwoon finally allows you to take a breath and you look into your eyes.  There is so much love in his gaze that you melt into his body.  You find yourself giggling.

“Dongwoon.  I missed you so much.  I can’t believe you’re finally back and I just can’t-“ you catch a glimpse of yourself in the mirror”-believe I look like this right now.  Forget everything you’ve seen.  Just give me a few…”  You try to pull away from his hold, but he won’t let you budge.  “Come on, let me go silly.”  You struggle playfully against his body, but he just smiles an evil little smile that you recognize as his teasing smile.

“Nope.  I’m never going to let you go ever again.”

You start feeling all warm and fuzzy inside.  How did I ever survive two whole months without him?  “Dongwoon,” you whine.  “If we’re going to go out tonight, I need to get ready.”  You give him a pouty look that you know will get you whatever you want. 

“You don’t need to get ready.  You look perfect to me.”  He came close and tried to kiss you again.  You turn your head in protest.  He ends up kissing just below your ear.

“As sweet as you are, and I love you for being so, I need to get a shower before we go.”  You try again to escape, met once again with appealing resistance.

“Nope, not happening.  We are going just like this.”

Your whine turned a little more forceful.  “Dongwoon, there is no way I’m going out like this when you look so good and I look like I just woke up from hibernation in the middle of a tornado.”

Dongwoon giggled at your comment.  “You’re so cute when you are exaggerating.  Jagiya, you look beautiful no matter what.  You’re the same way as me.  Us gods look good in every circumstance.”

Dongwoon loosened his grip on you a little while he was talking about gods and whatnot.  You take the opportunity to duck out of his hold.  You start toward the bathroom.

“Hey.  Come back here.”  Dongwoon chases after you and you duck into the bathroom slamming the door shut and holding it closed.  Why did I never get the lock fixed for this door?  You can feel Dongwoon pushing against the door.

“Jagiya.”  Now it was Dongwoon’s time to whine.  “I’ve been away from you for two whole months.  I don’t think I can take another minute of being away from you.  Oh I’m growing faint.  My vision is starting to blur.” 

You roll your eyes at Dongwoon’s dramatic act that he got from you.  “Bravo Miss. Drama Queen,” you say sarcastically while clapping your hands slowly.  “But, it’s not going to work.”

You hear a thud on the other side of the door.  No doubt, this was Dongwoon falling to the ground.  Then there was silence.  Wow, he is really sinking to this level.  You smile brightly to yourself, imagining his pose on the other side of the door.  You look at the shower, and then at your reflection in the mirror.  Which is more important?

You open the door.  Looking straight down you see a set of long legs and a rather attractive rear.  The top half was collapsed over to the right, playing dead.

“You look so pathetic.”  You step over his legs and kneel down next to his head.  “What am I going to do about this?”

Suddenly Dongwoon attacks and tackles you.  Despite the fact that you knew this would happen, you allow yourself to be taken down.  You both end up lying on the floor with Dongwoon’s arm around your waist.

You look into his eyes and he looks in yours.  Your foreheads come together and your eyes close.

Dongwoon pulled you closer, making your heart race.  “I missed you more than you can ever imagine.  Without you, I felt incomplete.”