The Wrong Bed

Gonzo

Sunyu groggily lifted her head from the comfort of the pillow, eyes slowly blinking away the last minute fatigue. Turning her head to the right, she squinted at her phone screen to check the time. 6:37AM. Too early in the morning for life. Her head was heavy as it dropped back down on her pillow tiredly as she groaned into the fluff. Sunyu's mind is fuzzy, the last remnants of a dream being chased away by the realization that she's awake again. But the details? The details were fading fast no matter how hard he tried to recall them. She could barely remember anything that happened last night after she left school yesterday evening, but maybe that was because it was still pretty early to do any hardcore thinking. With a mental sigh, she allowed her brain to turn on and focus, before once again opening her eyes. The sunlight cuts the room in half, and finally she was awake.

As she forced herself up from the bed, a sharp pain struck her stomach, making her double take and dramatically fall back to the bed. Her brain felt like it was pounding against the sides of her head like it was too big for head. There were literally no others words to describe the headache as hell. A swirling sensation stirred in her stomach as she clutched her abdomen, trying to hold back the urge to puke. Grabbing hold of the headboard, Sunyu pulled herself up harshly from the sea of blankets and entered a coughing fit. At least once or twice, she gagged as the contents of her stomach wanted out. With a hand against , Sunyu scanned around the room for her bathroom, only to realize that the room she was in didn't seem any familiar.

Slowly but surely, bits and pieces of last night started returning to her. There was a quick moment of walking around what looked like the downtown streets of Seoul, a vague memory of empty glasses on a table in front of her, and the last one that stood out to her was a boy's face. She could barely make out any of his facial features as everything came to her as a blur, but it was enough to make her really concerned. Immediately, her hands shot up to her chest then to the rest of her body for any suspicious pains. Other than her stomach, and lower back everything seemed perfectly in tune. But that's what worried her. Grabbing the duvet, she ripped it off the bed and felt around for any wet areas or stains. There were none.

Once more, she brought her gaze up to the bedroom interior, eyes widening when she saw her clothes from last night neatly folded and placed on a desk chair. Glancing down, she found that she was wearing a slightly large light grey v-neck shirt, and blue plaid shorts. Or at least, she thought they were shorts until she realized the awkward pocket in the front that confirmed the gender those 'shorts' actually belonged to. Those were definitely not hers. An ear-piercing scream escaped her lips as she closed her eyes tightly. She was screaming so loud that she didn't even hear the sound of water turning off just across the hall from her.

What is going on?”

A hand shot up to after she silenced herself immediately. Inhaling sharply, Sunyu whispered to no one in particular, “Oh my God it sounds like a man,”

Hearing the door knob click open as it was being turned, Sunyu grabbed the nearest pillow near her for some sort of distraction. Sure, it wasn't the greatest weapon but hell, if they were the cheap pillows, they would rip in no time. When the door opened, there stood who she was expecting – a man. And not just any man, a shirtless man. Without intending to, her jaw dropped as her eyes doubled in size at the sudden exposure. The guy's hair was still wet and tousled, and judging by the towel he was struggling to tie around his waist, he had just come out of the shower. Thanks to the sunlight seeping in from the blinds, the water on his body made him look twice as godly. But that wasn't the point! The point was not a half- man! The point was getting out of there alive!

It didn't take long before another shattering scream escaped her lips as she stood up on the bed, lugging the pillow in her hand at the stranger, “Oh my God, I don't know you!”

Sunyu, get down from there!” Jonghwan called out as he dodged the pillow. He glanced at the pillow that was now in the hallway before dodging another flying object. Before he knew it, Sunyu was sending things flying in his direction, and he was trying his best to either grab the item or dodge it, “Sunyu stop it!”

Oh my God, you know my name!” Sunyu pointed a finger at him accusingly as she jumped down from the bed, almost falling over if she hadn't caught herself. She ignored the muscle pain that she received as a terrible aftermath. Shaking herself off, Sunyu once more pointed at him threatingly and asked, “What did you do to me last night?”

I didn't do anything!”

Then why am I wearing your clothes?” she yelled, “Did you look at me?!”

I-” Jonghwan opened his mouth to retort, but stopped short to think. When he got his thoughts together, he answered, “I'm twenty-one years old, it's not like I haven't seen anything!”

Oh my God!”


So how was yesterday? Rokhyun brushed his fringe away from his eyes as he laid face-down on the couch, still hungover from hitting third stage yesterday evening, “Did you finally score yourself a girl?”

The four college boys were sitting around Chanyong, Hyukjin, and Rokhyun's shared apartment since they were all tired from yesterday's happenings. On top of that, Jonghwan didn't really feel like staying at his house especially now that Sunyu knew where he lived (and it was worse because they lived in the same complex). Jonghwan was standing by the kitchen counter with his arms crossed as he leaned against it, eyebrows furrowed in deep thought. He wasn't sure what to do anymore, or if he was to be expecting anything. Was he ever going to see Sunyu again? Was she reporting him to the police for violation of personal property? But it's not like he did anything with her! Looking up, Jonghwan responded to Rokhyun, “Once we left the club, I went straight to her house and-”

Bang, banged the chitty chitty?” Hyukjin rolled over onto his side as he said his joke, earning a suggestive round of laughter from Rokhyun and Chanyong. Jonghwan on the other hand just wrinkled his nose at him, and answered with a straight-out, “No,”

Lighten up, Jonghwan, I was just playing,” a said with a little pout. It seemed to the older boy that maybe he was starting to sober up now.

Well anyway I dropped her off the house that day and that was it. End of story,”

Boo! You !” chimed a weary Chanyong whose legs were the only things being seen while the other half of his body was hanging somewhere off the back of the couch.