Chapter 9

Ms. Matchmaker

CH. 9

 

The door entrance of a famous coffee shop was open widely. A panting petite woman swiftly ran inside the shop and looked for the person that was waiting for her. After a few seconds of looking, her eyes landed to an innocent looking female. Her lips turned upward and approached the innocent looking woman.

“Taeyeon Eonni! You’re late.”  The woman said as she saw the approaching petite.

“Well, hello my Hyunnie!” Taeyeon greeted ignoring the annoyed looked of the former. She sat across her.

“Eonni, I said that we will meet at exactly 3.”

“I know.”

“Then why are you late?” The woman named Hyunnie was looking at her suspiciously.

“I need to drop Jessica off to the radio station first before going here.” Hyunnie raised a question brow.

“Who’s Jessica?” Taeyeon beamed a goofy grin to the former.

“You’re future sister-in-law.” She said with wiggling eyebrows.

“Sister-in-law?”

“Yeah, sister-in-law. You’re married to my sister--- that makes you my sister-in-law. And Jessica and I will be a couple soon--- so, she’s your future sister-in-law.” The petite woman nonchalantly explained.

“Woah. Woah. Since when you do relationships?” Hyunnie asked baffled. In the years of knowing Taeyeon, the latter was more of the couple maker than being in the relationship. She never introduced a girl or a guy as her boyfriend or girlfriend. Moreover, the determination in her voice that this Jessica would be not just a girlfriend but a lifetime partner.

“Ouch Kim-Seo Joo-hyun! That’s mean.” Taeyeon said feigning her hurt expression.

“Well, I’m stating truth.” The woman across told her with all honesty in her voice.

The petite woman heaved a sigh. She could not win an argument to her sister-in-law. Their entertainment company would not be successful without the hard work of her sister and Joo-hyun. Her wittiness would never outsmart Joo-hyun.

“I’m a change woman now.” That was the only touché word statement that Taeyeon could utter.

“Really?”

“Yes, just pretend that you believe me.” Joo-hyun shrugged her shoulders and leaned on the backrest.

“I’ll just order a coffee.” The petite woman stood up and order coffee for her. She was messaging the pepper haired woman that she was missing already even they just separated for---- 30 minutes.

To: Sica-ah

How are you? I’m missing you already. :(

I want to hug my Sica-ah.

From: Taeyeon

Yes, your eyes were not deceiving you. Since the BoldSelf 2.0 came out, Taeyeon was messaging Jessica with endless ‘I miss you’. Also, the messages became sweeter and bolder--- but, she had not said the ‘I like you’ and ‘I love you’ yet. Just flirty and caring messages were exchanged from the two of them.

“Taeyeon-ssi.” The barista called her name.

Taeyeon went to the counter to get her order. She was about to grab the Latte that she order when the barista held her hand. The sudden physical contact made her startled and jolted a little.

“I’m sorry.” The startled woman apologized curtly. She didn’t want the barista to misunderstand her action.

“It’s okay. I should be the one apologizing.” The barista said with a huge tinged of pink on her cheeks.

Taeyeon looked at her name tag that was pinned on her uniform. Sue-Ji. She read in her mind. From the name tag, she shifted her eyes and looked at the face of Sue-Ji. She’s pretty. Taeyeon shook her head. No, Jessica is the prettiest of the all. She instantly cover her eyes.

“What are you doing?” Sue-Ji asked the petite woman that was covering her eyes.

“I’m committing a sin just by looking at you.” Taeyeon started to explain. The barista was flabbergasted.

“You’re really pretty and I feel that I’m cheating on Jessica. This is the only way that I could lessen my sin…” She continued blabbering. But her blabbering stopped when she heard a loud laugh from the other figure.

“Why are you laughing?” Taeyeon asked still covering her eyes.

 “You’re cute DJ Taeng.” The compliment made Taeyeon to uncover her eyes but instantly covered again. No Taeyeon, don’t look at her beautiful face and cute smile. Resist temptation. Resist! The dorky act made the amused barista to laugh louder.

“You know me?”

“Of course, I’m following your SNS and listening to your program.”

“Hmmm. Thank you!” Taeyeon bowed and ran to where Joo-hyun was sitting.

“Where’s your coffee?” Joo-hyun asked when she didn’t saw the coffee that Taeyeon ordered.

“Oh right, coffee.” The latter mumbled and walked back to the counter.  “My order. Beautiful barista. Sin. Resist. Temptation.” Taeyeon continued to blabber. She lifted her head and saw the barista. Resist.

“Uhmm. I forgot…”

“This.” Sue-Ji interrupted her giving the coffee.

“Yes.” The shy petite curtly grabbed the coffee and thank her again. She walked back to her sister-in-law.

“What’s with the mumbling?” The other figure interrogated.

“Nothing.” Taeyeon fished out her phone and saw a message from Jessica.

From: Sica-ah

I’m fine but the Ajhussis are making me do a lot of things. Its to be an intern.

To: Taeyeon-ah

“No I miss you too? And no I want to hug you too?” A smirk formed on her lips. Taeyeon stood up and approached the barista.

“Uhmm. Sue-JI.”

“Yes?”

“Can we have a picture together?” A loud squeal resonated inside the coffee shop. The barista was the source of the sound.

“Of course.” Seu-ji said with too much of fervor.

The two posed and took a picture together. Taeyeon purposely put her arm on Seu-Ji’s shoulder. She was smiling widely. The barista also mirrored the smile of the DJ.

“Thank you!” The DJ was walking back to her spot with a sly smile on her lips. When she was satisfied with her work, she pocketed her phone and sat.

“Why did you summoned me?” Taeyeon asked.

“Well, your station and our company wanted to you to be a model.” was agape. Me, model?

“You will be a cover of fitness magazine. Your listeners were liking all of your health tips. The fitness magazine contacted Ha-Eun Eon. Then, Ha-Eun Eonni called us to convince you.” Joo-hyun explained.

“Oh, okay.” Taeyeon said.

“Here’s the card for the gym.” A gold card was shown to her.

“GYM?!” Taeyeon stood up and looked at her with widen eyes.

“Yes, gym. The requirement is for you to have a good body.” The flabbergasted woman looked at her torso. She absentmindedly held the fringe of her shirt and lifted it.  

“But I have abs already.” Taeyeon showed her awesome and perfectly sculpted abs.

Loud fainting sounds were heard inside the coffee shop. Taeyeon and Joo-hyun wandered their eyes and saw a lot of female and male customers fainted. Some were having nosebleed. While the others had drooled. The petite woman shrugged her shoulders and continued admiring her abs.

“Can you put your shirt down?” Joo-hyun said.

“Why?” Her sister-in-law pointed the people that fainted. Taeyeon obeyed her.

After a few moments, the customers that fainted finally gained their consciousness. Their minds were still filled with the image of the DJ’s abs. Most of them wanted to touch and feel the smooth and alluring torso.

“Are you agreeing with this?”

“Do I have a choice?”

“Nope.”

“So, that’s my answer.”

The two finished the ‘business talk’. They were now telling the latest happening to them. Joo-hyun was telling her about the plan to have a baby. Unfortunately, her wife was busy and also her to make time. Taeyeon told her to have a short vacation and just let Amber to handle the company for a week. Their conversation was disturbed by the ringing of Taeyeon’s phone.

A new message was flashed on her phone. It was from the pepper haired woman. Taeyeon was smirking while waiting for the message to show.

From: Sica-ah

WHO IS SHE KIM TAEYEON?! I WANT YOU TO BE HERE IN THE RADION STATION, NOW. N-O-W!

To: Taeyeon-ah

The smirking woman send a short reply to her. She purposely send the picture of her and the barista to Jessica. Taeyeon was sure that it would make her exasperated. She had this assumption because of the weird and drastic changed of Jessica when she was being sweet to Shin-hye.

“Why are you smirking?”

“I’m having fun time teasing someone.” Her phone rang again. She opened it and saw another message from Jessica.

From: Sica-ah

WHAT DO YOU MEAN YOU CANNOT BE HERE NOW?! STILL ENJYOING YOUR TIME WITH HER?! I WANT YOU NOW, KIM TAEYEON! NOW!

To: Taeyeon-ah

“I think I need to go now, Hyunnie.” The mentioned female pouted.

“Why?”

“My Jessica is mad at me.”

“Okay then. See you soon, Taeyeon Eonni.”

Before they parted, Taeyeon took a photo of her and Joo-hyun. Liked what happened, she purposely send the photo to Jessica. The teasing version of her was part of the BoldSelf 2.0. She loved when Jessica was fuming to her. For most, it was a terrifying view but to Taeyeon, it was the iest thing ever.

“Bye DJ Taeng.” The barista bade goodbye.

“Thank you for these.” Taeyeon showed her take-outs.

“Bye!” Her phone beeped.

From: Sica-ah

WHAT THE, KIM TAEYEON?! WHO’S THAT GIRL?! HOW MANY GIRLS YOU HAVE?! ANSWER ME!

To: Taeyeon-ah

The DJ just smirked and enjoyed the teasing. She drove off to the station right away. That’s what you get Sica-ah for not telling me I miss you too.

 

 

A pepper haired woman was standing at the lobby of the radio station. Her arms were formed akimbo and her face was red because of anger. Taeyeon laughed internally as she saw the pepper haired woman.

“Hello Sica-ah!” She greeted. Beaming a grin to her.

“For you.” A sandwich and coffee from the coffee shop were given to Jessica.

“Why will I eat that?” Jessica asked flatly.

“Because I know you’re famished and this sandwich will lessen it.” The pepper haired woman just showing straight face.

“While this coffee, will give you caffeine to keep you awake.” Showing the coffee.

“Besides, this coffee was made by Seu-ji.” Jessica raised her eyebrows. Her face was really intimidating.

“The barista?” Her tone was a higher.

“Yes, the barista.” The pepper haired woman ferociously grabbed the sandwich and coffee. She stomped her foot to Taeyeon’s and walked away.

“OUCH!” The DJ yelped in pain. While soothing her sore foot, she saw that Jessica politely gave the sandwich and coffee to the on-duty guard.

 “Let’s go now!” Jessica dragged the DJ outside the radio station. The latter was mentally patting her shoulder and back for a job well done.

 

 

Two figures were sitting side by side inside the milk tea shop. The pepper haired woman dragged the DJ in Oh My Bubbles.

“Sica-ah.” Taeyeon called her with aegyo.

“What?!” Jessica asked still annoyed. The aegyo was not affecting her. No matter how cute Taeyeon was.

“Why are you mad at me?” The pepper woman looked at her incredulously.

“Wow Taeyeon! Just WOW!”

Taeyeon lifted her arm and put it on Jessica’s shoulder. She scooted closer and leaned her chin on her shoulder.

“Yeah, wow.”

“What?!”

“You’re wow.” Taeyeon whispered.

“Wow?”

“Woman Of my World. Wow.” She saw that the woman was stifling a smile. The DJ leaned forward and kissed her on her cheek.

“You’re my wow.”

“It should be WOMW.” Jessica retorted.

“Nope, wow is better.”

“Sweet talker.”

“Only to you.”

The annoyance of Jessica was all gone. They were back to their toe curling and cringing self. Taeyeon was stealing kisses from Jessica. The latter would just slapped or pinched her torso.

“Oh, I’m covering for a fitness magazine.” Taeyeon said as she remembered the ‘meeting’ with Joo-hyun.

“Really?”

“Yes?”

“I’m going to gym to shape my body.” The pepper haired woman looked at her body.

“I’m thinking why I need to go to gym?” The DJ lifted her shirt and showed her abs to Jessica.

“Do you think I need to go to the gym, Sica-ah?” She didn’t hear a response from the other figure. Taeyeon lifted her head and saw a drooling Jessica.

“Sica-ah, you’re drooling.” The latter snapped from her thoughts and curtly wiped her drool.

“Are you going to the gym alone?” Taeyeon nodded her head.

“I’m coming with you.”

“What?”

“I’ll be your gym buddy.”

“Okay.” The DJ looked at Jessica with loving stare. She was conveying her love by staring at Jessica.

“Why are you looking to me like that?” Taeyeon just kept mum and continued looking at her. She thought that her way of conveying was a success. The pink tinged was showing both of her cheeks.

“I’ll just go to the restroom.” Jessica stood up and left Taeyeon.

The latter brought out her planner. She check number 6 in the 11 Signs list. “Good job, Taeyeon!”

 

 

A freshly showered Taeyeon exited the bathroom. She changed into her gym clothes. She also messaged Jessica that she was done and about to leave the house. Her lips curved up when she saw the peas in a pods that were laying on her study table. One was more humongous peas in a pod and a key chain. The stuffed toy was bigger than the one that Shin-hye gave.

The words on the note that was inside the bag of the gifts were flashing in her mind. Last night, she received another gift from her number 1 listener.

Dear DJ Taeng,

                I know that you loved peas in a pod. Here is the giant stuffed toy and a key chain for you. Use it. :)

Love,

MeltingMe18

P.S. You know what, during my ‘birthday’ and the ‘month’ after it, someone gave me the things I really loved.

Her thought about the letter was gone because of the beeping sound of her phone. She saw that Jessica was ready and waiting for her. Taeyeon grabbed her duffel bag and stepped out of her flat.

 

 

A vast of gym goers were crowding near the spot where Taeyeon and Jessica were staying. Most of them were gawking at the hot body of the DJ. They were also willing to wipe the sweat that was dripping from her body. But they changed their minds because the soaking Taeyeon was damn y.

“Sica-ah, what are you doing?” Taeyeon asked when she saw that Jessica was not doing proper exercise. She was busier in sending death glares to the people that were gawking at Taeyeon.

“Tell me Taeyeon-ah. Why are you wearing that?” Jessica asked pertaining to the sports bra and capri pants.

“This is my gym attire.” The DJ flaunt her attire. A drool escaped from Jessica’s lips.

“You’re drooling Sica-ah.” The pepper haired woman wiped her drool and mumbled incoherent words.

“Let’s go home now, Taeyeon-ah.” Her hand was tugging Taeyeon’s arm.

“Why? We've just arrived.”

“I don’t care. Let’s go home now.”

“Fine!” Taeyeon pouted.

 

 

The DJ and the pepper haired woman were now inside the locker room. The latter was busy bringing out her stuff. While the former was sitting on the bench facing the back of Jessica.

“Sica-ah.” Taeyeon called her. The called woman just hummed.

“Sica-ah.” Instead of a hum, a gasp escaped from Jessica. A pair of arms were s around her waist.

“My WOW.” The DJ whispered to her.

“Yah Taeyeon-ah! Don’t hug me.” Jessica was hitting her arms.

“No.” Taeyeon whined.

“I’m sweaty!”

“I don’t care.”

“I don’t’ smell nice!” The DJ sniffed her.

“Nope, you smell nice.”

“I’m not!”

“Are too! You smell like vanilla.” Taeyeon sniffed her again. The vanilla scent was the natural scent of her.

“Yah Taeyeon-ah! I’m taking a bath now.” The pepper haired woman was finally free from her embrace.

“Seriously Sica-ah, you smell nice.”

“Whatever!”

“I really like your vanilla scent.”

“Shut up!” Jessica ferociously went inside the shower cubicle.

Taeyeon laughed at the reaction of Jessica. She opened her locker and brought out her planner. Another check was mark on the list.

“Number 9 done.” She closed her planner and put it back inside her duffel bag. She brought out her clothes and showered.

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 9 done. Is my update fine? I know its shorter compared to my other update and not that interesting. I will try to make it better in my next update. ^__________________^

P.S. I know. I have weird pairings. Hehehehehe. 

Thank you for the comment, subscription, and upvote.

Comment, Upvote, and Subscribe