The Day They Met

The Day They Met

The first time they met, they were 15, and the company had decided to put them in trial groups for training.

The first time they met, Yunho had almost mistaken Jaejoong for a girl. His big round hazel brown eyes were sparkling with excitement, pink pouty lips on that white porcelain face, with the medium length black hair; it was hard not to be mistaken for a girl. “Yunho-ah, this is jaejoong, who will be training with you for the time being. Geez, where the hell is Kangin and Heechul?!” the manager said, as he turned away from the two, walking out of the dance room.

Left alone, there was a tint of awkwardness between the two. “Erm…hey, I’m Yunho,” Yunho said, as he extended his hand, trying to ease the awkward atmosphere.

 “Jaejoong,” a shy gentle voice replied, boyish with a feminine feel, as the older boy shook the hand, his lips forming a light smile that seem to shine brighter than his eyes.

Yunho blushed a little, as he felt his cheeks heat up. ‘He’s a boy!’ he scolded himself, shaking his head a little. He took another look at Jaejoong, taking in the delicate features of the boy, then noticing the other boy had a relatively bright tint of red across the cheeks. Jaejoong was blushing, and seeing that Yunho caught that, cupped his cheek with one hand, before stuttering “I’m sorry, I’m kinda nervous now…hehe, ‘cause you’re the famous Uknow and well…hehe…” Jaejoong trailed off, as he looked away from Yunho, putting one hand across his mouth trying to cover his fangirl-like laughter.

Yunho smiled his genuine smile, revealing his adorable bunny teeth as he said, “Well, I hope we can work hard together from now on,” only to see the other nodding as he turned his head to face him, as the door opened to reveal the manager with two boys behind him.
--
‘Four seasons’ was their temporary group’s name, each season were to represent each of them. Spring Yunho, Summer Jaejoong, Autumn Kangin and Winter Heechul.

Yunho had always thought that Jaejoong really suits the season summer. He’s always optimistic and bright, one can say he’s the bubbly member among the four. Always smiling. He’s like the sun, the one Yunho can spot amongst the crowd with ease, he is that bright, with that ‘sparkling’ aura around him.

---
In 2003, four seasons broke up, the simple reason the manager gave was that “It was a temporary group after all.” When Yunho heard that, he was shocked and upset. Does that mean he couldn’t be with Jaejoong anymore? Yunho realized, that somewhere deep in his heart, he wants is to be with Jaejoong. He liked him. When he was finally close to him, he was going to be separated from him.

“We’ll be in contact, right?” Yunho asked Jaejoong as he pouted, the night where Four Seasons had commemorated their last day together. He didn’t know what the other man would respond.

“Of course,” Jaejoong said, as gentle as always, but a tint of shakiness was heard. Yunho smiled, and hugged Jaejoong in happiness. He always hug Jaejoong, a habit he had gradually grown accustomed to after living with him for 2 years. However, this time, it feels different.

---
Yet, fate had placed them together again.

On the day of the photoshoot where Yunho was told to meet his new members, he saw Jaejoong. The sun in his life. Yunho and Jaejoong were placed in a new group called Dong Bang Shin Ki, together with three other members Junsu, Yoochun and Changmin.

Yunho was happy. The sun was back in his life, and he wasn’t going to let it go easily this time.

DBSK debuted successfully, and they were placed in the same dorm to do some ‘group bonding’, ordered by the company. Junsu shared a room with Changmin, Jaejoong with Micky, and Yunho got his own room. He didn’t mind, as long as he can get to see Jaejoong everyday, and live with him in the same house. Or one could say he was afraid that Jaejoong would be able to find out that he actually likes him. He couldn’t think what would happen. Would their friendship end just like that? It was likely.

Seeing Jaejoong in the kitchen every morning became another familiar sight. Waking up second to Jaejoong to help him out in the kitchen or just to steal peeks at him from the living room became a habit he gained. A habit to get rid of another habit. After they started living together Yunho stopped hugging Jaejoong like he used to, stop whining and pouting at Jaejoong to get his attention.

At times like that he feels like hugging him, smelling his black wavy hair that he shampooed every morning. Yet, he know he can’t, for he don’t know whether he could stop himself from doing more to the innocent man. He was now 18 years old, a teen in his prime time where he could hardly stop his raging hormones.

When did they get together? One autumn day, a few months after debut, Jaejoong was alone in the house with Yunho. Maybe fate has it that day, but Micky and Junsu had their dance practice scheduled, while Changmin had school.

“Want to go out for a walk?” Yunho had asked Jaejoong over breakfast, which like always, was prepared by the latter. Jaejoong smiled, a genuine one he’s seen after quite some time.

---
“AHHHH~!” Jaejoong screamed, as the wind blew into his face, carrying his voice across the river. They were walking down the Han river, like they used to in the past whenever they have a break to relax themselves. Yunho smiled, his laughter too got carried by the wind as he looked on, Jaejoong was running from one side to the other in a zig zag format across the bridge. It has been quite some time since the two had some self time with each other, and Yunho was sure to regret it if he hadn’t plucked the courage to ask him out.

Finally seeing that Jaejoong had come to a stop, leaning on one side of the bridge, his hair flying in the wind, Yunho can’t help but let a smile come to his face, as he walked over to join the man.

“Yunho-ah, it’s been quite some time since we’ve been here right?” Jaejoong said without turning to face the younger man. For that instant, Yunho can’t help but notice how beautiful Jaejoong looked, his skin shining under the morning sun. For that instant, he can’t help it and stretched his hands out, pulling Jaejoong towards him as he leaned his head onto his shoulder. He could feel the other stiffen a little, before relaxing as he leaned back against Yunho. Yunho widened his eyes a little, before smiling. Does that mean he got permission to be close with him again?

“And it’s been quite some time you’ve hugged me,” Jaejoong said, chuckling a little. “I missed it…”he mumbled, before quickly adding ,”erm, I don’t mean anything by that!” as he turned around. Yunho saw it again, the faint blush that creeped across his white cheeks. He smiled, as he hugged Jaejoong tightly, “I missed this too,” Yunho confessed, “I like you.”

He didn’t know what made him said that. Maybe it’s the sudden relaxation from the strenuous work, maybe it’s the sudden acceptance he got from Jaejoong when he hugged him, but he sure know, he didn’t regret it. He couldn’t forget how bright Jaejoong looked after his confession, as he smiled and hugged Yunho back, giving him his own answer.

Yunho couldn’t remembered much else of that day’s ‘trip’, except that his heart was racing half the time, and the light kiss they shared under the bright blue sky.

---
“Yunho…?” Jaejoong mumbled, as he rubbed his eyes awake. Yunho smiled as he snoop another kiss on Jaejoong’s lips, before mumbling an apology for waking him up. Many things have changed since that day. Jaejoong’s and Yunho’s frequent casual touches didn’t escape from the fans eyes, but for some reason, the fans accepted it and love it. Even the company had given their order for them to be as close with each other as possible, providing ‘fanservice’. It’s been quite some time since the ‘Yunjae’ couple has been born, and they couldn’t help but thank the fans. After all, because of that they do not need to act in front of them.

After he watched Jaejoong went back to sleep, he slipped beneath the blankets himself and placed his arms around Jaejoong’s slim waist, earning a slight mumble from the other man as he chuckled, before drifting to sleep himself.