Chapter 1

Not Another Arranged Marriage

1. Acceptance


 

Sitting on the sofa facing her parents, Jinhee was momentarily left without words as her father announced the upcoming event in her life. Yes, Baek Jinhee will soon be wedded. To whom she still didn't know but she's sure that he's the son of some her father's business partner. This kind of situation is nothing new to her, she is very familiar to it and she knows how everything works. But what surprised her the most was the fact that everything went all too soon: she thought her father will let her take over the company first before investing her in this kind of deals. She wanted to prove herself without relying to someone, or in this case marry someone. But this time fate was not in her side.

"Will this help our company?" Jinhee asked her father, who only gave a nod as answer. "I will do it, father" Mr. Baek's face brightened at his daughter's words and curled his lips into a big smile, "I knew you wouldn't disappoint me, not like some ungrateful one out there". Jinhee turned to look from her father to her mother and she could swear that she saw hurt in her eyes. "Appa..." she sighed "Don't bring Oppa in this. Whatever he did was his own decision and we as his family should respect it".

No one dared to say more letting Jinhee stood up and say "If this was all, may I take my leave? I have several papers to work on" Mr. Baek looked up "Yes, you may leave". And with that she bowed and went up her study room leaving the two in the living room.

"Honey..." Mrs. Baek's voice was finally heared "Do we really have to do this again?" "As much as I don't want to, we have to. This is for us, we already failed the first time and we were very lucky we survived back then. I don't want to go through that again and it seems that it doesn't bother Jinhee that much" Mr. Baek could only sigh holding his wife's hand.

 

~◆~

 

Jinhee stood in her balcony admiring the beauty of the night sky, she always loved to stare at it from time to time ever since she was a child, enchanted by the way it shined so brightly yet so calmly after a very tiring day, how simple yet stunning it was. Taking a deep breath she inhaled the fresh air that was nothing but a very relaxing thing for her.

She was so deep in her thoughts that she didn't even notice someone entered her room. A "Eonnie" brought her back into reality; she turned and found her younger sibling standing right in front of her "Yes. What do you want?" Jinhee asked kinda rudely. The younger girl was used to this kind of attitude of hers and decided to just ignore it and asked "Are you ok?".

Jinhee walked pass her and sat on her chair and started reading her paperworks. "Why should I not be fine?" she shot back "Aren't you going to back out like Oppa did?" the younger one added. Jinhee looked up from her paperworks and glared at her sister "Are we playing answer a question with a question?" she paused as she saw the slight shocked face of her sister "Forget it. Just leave me alone, Hae" "But Eonnie, this is not what you want!" Jinhae added. "How do you know this is not what i want?" Jinhee clenched her fits, "I'm your sister for a reason, Eonnie! I can feel what you feel, but I need you to tell me clearly so I can try and help you!" Jinhae couldn't hold it anymore and held her older sister's hands looking at her with hopeful eyes.

Jinhee sighed "There's nothing you can do anymore, I made this decison with my own will. I can't let father be disappointed again, the company is so important to him. He poured pure blood and sweat into it, if I can do something to keep it standing I will do it whichever the consequence is".

Jinhee moved forward and hugged her sister, shocking the older one. "I believe in you, Eonnie"

 

~◆~

 

"Taekwoon-ah!" He heared his mother calling him. Leo was busy trying to find the right lyrics for his song, which was due in a month of time. "Jung Taekwoon!" He heared his name once again, but just ignored it. "LEO! If you don't come here in this instant, I'll call Hakyeonnie to drag you here! Do you hear me?" Leo finally stood up from his seat, annoyed that his song writing was disturbed, and went to meet his parents. Taking his seat in the living room, he asked them what was this important thing they needed him to discuss with. "We need you to get married" Mr. Jung answered wearing a very serious face. Silence filled the entire living room, while everyone was deep in their own thoughs.

"I knew this day would come, what else do you want me to do?" Leo heaved a sigh looking at his parents. "Young man, this is the least you could give me. I made you do the things you wanted, everything you asked was given to you with nothing in return" Mr. Jung stated rather firmly. "But you never complained, Dad. Even when I refused to take over the company, you didn't say a word and left me do whatever I wanted. Why ask me this when you exactly know my answer?" "Son..." Mr Jung sighed looking at Leo "Do this one for your father. Just this one, please". Leo's eyes grew hearing his father beg him for the first time in his life, but soon softened and sighed "I can't do anything anymore, can I?" Mr. Jung smiled brightly "You'll love this girl, son. She's the daughter of one of my dearest friend, a very nice and well mannered young lady".

"May I know her name?" Mr. Jung's smile went wider "Jinhee, Baek Jinhee".

 

~◆~

 

"So, I heared you're getting married. Nice!" Leo ignored his friend comment and walked passed him. "Have you seen her? How is she? Is she pretty? Is she H O T? Did you get her number? What's her name? Where does-" "Can you please shut it, Hakyeon?". If gaze could kill, nothing would remain of Leo's companion "I suggest you not to talk about it now, you won't like it when I'm pissed".

Leo can be very dangerous if you don't approach him in the right way: he has this aura that can make everyone feel so intimidated by him; he was very difficult to approach, but once you found the perfect way to do it you'll get a very different person and Cha Hakyeon was one of the few who actually found that perfect way. Hakyeon held his hands up in surrender, a bit frightened "Ok geez! I was just curious, no need to boil like that".

Leo turned to look at his window and admire the night scenary outside. "Baek Jinhee" he murmured. "Huh?" "Her name" Leo faced his friend with a faint smile printed on his lips "Her name is Baek Jinhee".

"Do you want me to search about her? I can look for more details and I-" Hakyeon was once again interrupted "No! No need, but thank you really" Hakyeon nodded and patted his friend's shoulder. "We are here for you no matter what happens, we're just one call away" Leo was very grateful to have them as a friends. No: family, they became his family already because they knew him more than anyone. And he couldn't ask for more.

 

~◆~

 

 

"Oppa..." Jinhee's voice was filled with loneliness and fear "I miss you". After a small pause, on the other side of the line a small sigh was heared "I miss you too, my princess". Her lips curled into a sincere smile hearing her beloved one calling her with his pet name for her. She loved being called like that, it made her feel special and loved and only him was allowed to do that. "Do you want me to go there?" "No, I know you're busy. I don't want to burdened you, Oppa" the girl clenched her phone a little tighter and the guy only laughed at her. "You're really funny, Jinhee. You know I'm never busy for you. Forget it, I'm on my-" "Oppa no! It's okay, you don't need to. I just wanted to hear your voice" Jinhee lowered her gaze and played with the hem of her shirt. "And I want to see you now, I'll hang up" "Opp-" Jinhee tried to oppose but she only heard the beep sound signaling that the call was ended. "Aish!" Jinhee threw her phone on the bed and ruffled her hair "Thank you, Oppa".

 


 

A/N: So what do you think guys? I know it's pretty short but we can consider this like a prologue or something, right? Let me know your opinions. And for the last part can you guess who's is that 'Oppa'? Well, it's kinda obvious but let's see in the next chapter. ;)

Speaking of next chapter, I may only update on weekends 'cause it's the only time I can have my laptop and it's the only free time I have. So please stick with me!! I love you all. Till next time <3

 

photo leoflyingkiss.gif