Let's Go to the Beach

Hot

Let's Go to the Beach

MiSu wiped her forehead with the sleeve of her shirt and let out a frustrated sigh. It was a hot day and even the air-conditioning didn't seem to take the heat away. 

The sun was burning so strong as if it wanted to melt the whole world away. 

Sitting in her small cubicle, MiSu concentrated typing on her computer, without realizing someone was staring at her.

Luhan was so tall he didn't have any trouble to cross his arms on the top of rather low cubicle wall. He leaned his chin on his crossed arms and concentrated his chocolate eyes on MiSu. 

He ignored his boss' secretary who was walking past him for the billionth time already, with that hopeful look on her face. And boy, she even dressed extra revealing and y for him. 

Still. Not a chance.

"Misu."


"Huh?" She finally looked over her shoulder and saw Luhan's cute grinning face.
 

"Wanna go to the beach?"
 

"Beach?" She pulled her glasses up the bridge of her nose and furrowed her brows.
 

"It's getting hotter than hell. I wanna do something fun and besides... I know you have a day off tomorrow. Let's ditch work for today."
 

"You know I hate swimming."
 

"Do it for me. It would be lame to go by myself." Luhan looked at her with his puppy eyes, he knew she couldn't resist.
 

"Uh, you know..." MiSu cleared . "I don't even have a swimming suit."
 

"I'll buy you a bikini." He winked, his lips tugging into a playful smile.
 

MiSu gave him a flat look. "I'll go but I will wear shorts and a t-shirt."
 

"Don't be a nerd." Luhan walked out of his cubicle and stopped in front of MiSu's.
 

"I am a nerd."
 

"Let's put stop to that."

Luhan eyed her outfit which consisted of blue jeans and green long sleeved blouse, outdated and boring like always, even tasteless. And her hair was on a tight ponytail, Luhan had never seen her hair open. Yes, MiSu was really such a nerd.

"Pick me up in 20 minutes then." MiSu packed her bag and stood up. "See you at my place."

"Deal."


In fifteen minutes, Luhan's silver Honda with open roof was parked in front of MiSu's apartment complex building. Impatiently he drummed his fingers against the steering wheel as he waited for her. 

She had this bad habit of always being late. 

Two giggling girls walked past his car, glancing at him. He slid his aviators lower, his eyes falling on their behinds and he smiled. 

What a splendid view. 

The sun was shining brightly and he could feel the gentle wind in his messy hair. 

This is going to be a fun day.

Luhan's plain office outfit had changed into skinny jeans and a wife beater and even then, sweat still glistened on his smooth tanned skin. 

It was so hot he thought his brain would soon melt if he sat in the sunshine any longer. 

Glancing to his right he suddenly flinched.
 

"What the hell?"

"Excuse me?" MiSu raised a brow.

He just gaped at her, not believing his eyes. In fact, he had difficulties to recognize MiSu because she looked so different from her usual dull self. 

He had known her for six months. When they met at the office they had immediately become good friends, but they never met during their free time. So all he had seen her wearing were her lame office outfits, big glasses, and her hair in a ponytail.

Now, wearing a baby blue tank top and black denim shorts, MiSu looked simple yet hot. Her silky hair, left open, fluttered in the wind freely and lip gloss sparkled on her alluring lips. 

Her tank top was exposing quite bit of cleavage. 

 

Luhan shook his head, smiling at his own weird reaction. He blamed it on the summer heat, that his head and heart weren't working well. 

Was it his imagination or did it get even hotter when MiSu sat on the front seat and squealed in delight as the car moved? 

He his lips, trying to keep his imagination under control.

"It's my first time in an open roof car", she explained when Luhan looked at her weirdly.

"Oh, really?" His brows arched in surprise.

"Yay!" MiSu stuck her hands out and laughed when he drove past other cars. What an overwhelming feeling of speed and adrenaline rushing through her blood! 

She got a feeling that the day would turn out better than well.


It was that time of the year so, naturally, the beach was full of people. 

Summer. 

When it was hotter than hell what could be more wonderful than taking a dip in the sea and sinking your toes in soft sand? 

As Luhan walked out of the changing booths he smiled at all the y girls in their delicious bikinis. 

The hunt shall begin.

 

"Hey, I'm getting blind. Give me your shades." 

His aviators were snatched away.

"No, without them I'm not cool enough...." 

Luhan's eyes widened when he saw MiSu. "You said you don't have a bikini!" 

Immediately he scanned her body from head to toe.

"Well, I happened to find this." She winked. "Anyway, it's about the time I try swimming again. I've moved on."

"From what?" Luhan asked, dumbfounded by her fit body and his own raging hormones. 

But she is your friend! His consciousness was saying. You guys work together, don't do anything stupid!

"Just, someone." MiSu flashed a mysterious smile.

The break up after dating for 6 years had been really hard on her but maybe it was time to finally move on? 

The sun was shining brightly and, at the moment, she had no worry in the whole world. 

It was about the time to stop hiding behind nerdy glasses and wearing lame clothes she loathed herself. Today, she was keen on having fun.

Today, she was keen on having fun.

"Let's go and take a dip" MiSu pointed her finger at the sea.

Luhan's heart skipped a beat upon seeing her smile. It has always been pretty, but today there was something extremely special about it. Like it came freely without being forced out.
"You go. Meanwhile, I'll go buy some drinks."

"Fine. Get me a pina colada" MiSu grinned before walking away.

"Pina Colada?" Luhan gaped at her.

"By the way, here are your shades." 

MiSu jogged back and carefully put Luhan's aviators on his nose.

He gulped, his face flustering, but it was hot so MiSu didn't realize his embarrassment. Luhan didn't know what had hit him. Maybe a major sunstroke? 

When he saw MiSu dive and then appear on the surface again, her neck arched back, water dripping from her face, he couldn't take his eyes off her. 

Then she shook her head, water droplets flying from her hair and he almost fell from his stool. 

No! He quickly needed to find another target of attention before he made a fool out of himself.

 

When MiSu walked back to where Luhan was sitting a ball rolled to her feet and when she picked it up a guy approached her. 

He was wearing only white swimming shorts with blue flower prints, his hair was wet and messy and his eyes shined like two stars. 

She smiled sweetly while handing the ball to him.

"Thanks!" 

He had a nice husky voice.

"No problem!" MiSu's smile grew wider.

"You wanna play with us?"

"Well..." 

She leaned to the side so she could see behind the guy, to check what Luhan was doing. He drank the Pina Colada in one go, looking really annoyed for some reason. 

What's his problem?

"Can my brother come too?" She asked, lying about her and Luhan's relationship just so the guy wouldn't misunderstand.

"That would be great, we are short on two people."

"Then, just a second" MiSu nodded at the guy and jogged to Luhan. 

"Oi! Brother let's go play beach volley."

The drink spluttered from Luhan's mouth. "Brother?"

"You know what I mean." MiSu glanced at the guy with the ball. He was waiting for her patiently. 

"Tsh" Luhan stood up abruptly. "You know, I am really good at beach volley", he stated proudly even though he had never played the game before.

"Awesome, let's go" MiSu grabbed his hand and started dragging him towards her new "friend".


Oh, how disappointed Luhan suddenly felt. 

He lost his chances even before he had time to try anything. 

Even though the guy was shorter than him, he was definitely more buff and had this ily appearance of a bad boy girls loved. 

While Luhan... 

He looked like your typical guy. Tall.

God had blessed him with cute face, but his body was just average. He had that hot thing going on but not in a beach way of hot, not the sporty hot. 

Hey, he came to relax at the bar, not play some sweaty games.

How can anyone play anything when it is so hot?


MiSu and Luhan were separated into different teams. 

Obviously, she got on the same team with the hot guy. 

Luhan sulked when he saw how she pretended to be scared of the ball and faked a fall, so the guy could help her up. 

Meanwhile, Luhan was stuck at the other side, in the furthest corner possible because seriously, he couldn't play the stupid game. He had no idea what to do when the ball flew his way so he dodged and everyone burst out laughing. 

Of course, Luhan pretended it was just a joke.

Trying to act cool and all. MiSu thought it was cute.

 

After playing a few rounds everyone decided to get some drinks and relax.

 

Since Luhan was a cute guy he was instantly surrounded by girls until one of them finally pulled him to the side. To take his attention off MiSu, he decided to chat with her and pretended to enjoy her company. 

Besides, she was pretty.

When MiSu realized Luhan got company she frowned, feeling something uncomfortable in her chest all of a sudden. But she ignored it, concentrating on the hot guy next to herself. 

Still, she couldn't help but steal glances at Luhan once in a while, not knowing that he was doing just the same.

 

Letting out a sigh, MiSu wiped sweat from her forehead. Why was it so damn hot and why was it that with every minute Luhan seemed to look more attractive? From cute he was turning into y! 

Maybe because at work he never hung out with other girls, his undying attention on MiSu, and now when he finally looked elsewhere she started feeling jealous. 

But he is just a friend! MiSu thought by herself. You are colleagues, stop getting these outrageous ideas and concentrate on the hot guy! It's obvious he is interested. 

Besides, she was not sure if she was ready for a relationship yet.

 

MiSu sat next to her hot guy and Luhan had his arm wrapped around his pretty girl's shoulders. 

Yet, their gazes kept meeting and, for some reason, they just kept staring at each other with only one thought: 

If only I was sitting there. 

Because of that strange feeling their smiles and laughter were fake. 

Alcohol had never tasted so bitter before.

 

"You guys resemble each other so much."

"You two look cute together."

"Are you sure you are not twins?"

"How come your relationship is so good? I always fight with my brother."

"Let's go and dance!"

 

Luhan couldn't take it anymore! He snapped when he saw MiSu wrapping her arms around that guy's neck and she laughed at something he whispered in her ear. 

Luhan's mind went blank, he left his date confused on the dance floor and walked towards MiSu. 

His eyes saw only her.

"Excuse me."

MiSu looked at Luhan with wide open eyes. He pushed her date away and stopped right in front of her with his hands on his hips. 

"Yah, look at me."

"What?"

"Is there a problem?" The guy asked, giving Luhan a strange look.

"Yes, you" Luhan glared at him. "Leave us alone."

"What?" 

"This is our song", Luhan said nonchalantly and wrapped his arms around MiSu's waist. 

She shivered from the pleasant sensation his touch gave her, her lips tugging into a shy smile. He looked her straight in the eye and smirked. 

So irresistibly charming.

"Don't dance with other guys" Luhan leaned his forehead against hers. "Dance with me." 

His eyes closed and he took a deep breath, inhaling her delicious scent. 

He hugged her tighter, his gentle touch spreading sparks through her body and soul.

"That's what I wanted, anyway" MiSu whispered, wrapping her arms around his neck and leaning closer. 

The way he held her made her heart beat faster. It was such an exciting sensation.

This felt much more perfect and right compared to what she had with the other guy. Heck, that other guy stopped existing in her world when Luhan's chocolate brown eyes found hers and he smiled his usual lopsided smile that got girls swooning. 

And she remembered how nervously her heart had beaten when they had first met, yet she had ignored something so obvious.

Luhan sighed, glancing at her plump lips. He had been yearning to kiss her all day long. 

No. 

Longer. 

Compared to how MiSu was acting today, she had always been somehow sad and distant before, 'melancholic' would be the right word. 

And since the very beginning, at their first meeting, Luhan had found her a little mysterious in an attractive way. 

Why have I been ignoring this feeling for so long?

 

Something like an invisible firecracker sparkled between them when their darkened gazes met. Both felt the shivers on their skins and butterflies in their stomachs. 

Luhan's burning hands slowly slid up MiSu's back while her perfume was driving him crazy with desire. And MiSu's arms wrapped tighter around his neck, her body inching closer despite all the heat. 

All she wanted was to feel him. 

They saw only each other, oblivious to weird stares their new friends were giving them. 

Siblings? Yeah right...

 

Without asking for permission, who does nowadays, anyway? Luhan leaned in and planted a soft kiss on MiSu's lips. She chuckled, leaning in when he leaned away and her lips covered his. 

Short kisses deepened and got hotter with every second. 

Hotter than hell.

"Do you want..." Luhan's question was a mere whisper. 
Without finishing he kissed her again, passionately and lustfully. 

Her kisses were so sweet and addicting.

"Ice cream?" MiSu suggested, leaning away from the kiss. But then she planted her lips on his again, unable to resist the urge.

"I do." Luhan flashed a warm smile.


Summer nights, stars and moon, the romance. 

MiSu and Luhan settled on a bench in a quiet spot where no one would bother them. 

Both had ice creams in their hands. They ate quietly, looking away from each other now slightly embarrassed about the earlier dancing, or rather making out on the dance floor. 

The alcohol was clearly starting to wear off, but their feelings were there to stay. Their strong, hot feelings like summer heat. 

Pulling them closer. 

 

Smiling to herself, MiSu leaned her head on Luhan's shoulder.

"You know..." he suddenly spoke. "Are you also wondering why it's still so damn hot even though the sun has set?”

"It's not the sun" MiSu whispered. "It's you who is heating me up." 

Her face flustered when Luhan chuckled softly and his arm slowly s around her back.

"Who cares about some ice cream... Do you know what I want now?"

"What?"

 

Her ice cream fell from her hand when he leaned in and captured her lips in a heart-melting kiss. His wet lips molded hers and she responded as eagerly, quietly into his mouth. 

Their kiss tasted like strawberry and vanilla.

 

I was thinking about midnight swimming”, Luhan said through sharp breaths when he leaned away to catch his breath.

Sounds... refreshing”, MiSu giggled.

", I can't even...” His strained voice faded away and he kissed her again. Getting a feeling that he would never get tired of the satisfying feeling of having her in his arms. 

No matter how cold or hot.

 

I think I love you.”