1st bruise

The Scars On Him
Please log in to read the full chapter

“To think that your forehead was gashed open,” Sandeul yawns.

“It’s no big deal,” Gongchan replies.

“‘No big deal’ says you. Psh! I would be freaking out if I was you. A scar will be on your forehead from the six stitches sewn into your skin!” Sandeul yells.

“You’re making a big deal out of it. I forget about it easily,” Gongchan tells him.

He walks up to the small mirror hanging on the wall. He fixes his fringe then walks towards his room. Gongchan grabs a book from his bedroom’s shelf. He grabs his messenger bag next then heads towards the front door.

“I’ll be back,” Gongchan tells Sandeul.

“Ok,” Sandeul replies.           

Gongchan hesitantly walks down the street. He steps into the café on the side of the park. He orders a drink then goes to the corner table. After twenty minutes of studying, he gets the urge to look up. His eyes fall on a familiar figure.

Gongchan stares at Jinyoung who is walking across the street. Jinyoung holds onto a mini piano keyboard. His backpack looks like it’s weighing him down. His face is cold and expressionless. Gongchan bites on the top of the pencil. Where could he be going?

Jinyoung turns at the edge of the sidewalk into the inside of the park. Gongchan gathers his papers then stashes them into his bag. He follows Jinyoung’s trail.

Gongchan spots Jinyoung sitting down on a bench. He walks on the grass to the bench behind the bench Jinyoung is sitting at. Jinyoung doesn’t notice, because he’s too focused listening to his music. The mini piano keyboard rests on his lap. His fingers arch over the keys, but don’t press down.

Gongchan takes out his book then starts reading. His thin fingers lift the sharp corners of the pages.

Jinyoung begins to hum. ”Your stare towards me….” Jinyoung sings. Gongchan stops reading. He stares forward in shock. Jinyoung’s melodious voice entices him. “…that takes my breath away.”

Jinyoung stops singing, but continues humming. Gongchan smiles then continues to read. The wind begins to blow faster. It lifts Gongchan’s fringe causing a tickling sensation. He hears a cough from Jinyoung’s side.

When he turns to the side, Jinyoung’s backpack greets him. Gongchan grabs his face in pain.

“Are you okay?” Jinyoung’s quivering words greet Gongchan’s ears.

“I’m okay,” Gongchan replies.

He moves his hand out of his face. Jinyoung’s jaw drops. His hand moves through his hair in desperation while Gongchan touches his cheek.

“Why… Why are you here?” Jinyoung asks.

“Oh, Jinyoung?” Gongchan pretends not to

Please log in to read the full chapter